Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Betts Books

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great article David.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    It's a really nice article, David. I bet that it will double your incoming emails and bring more interested buyers. Too bad they did not include the Father Callahan illustration or the photo. Thanks for sharing it.
    Oh but they did Juliana! The Callahan photo was HUGE, about 1/4 of the second page of the article. The photos do not show in the text of the link but they are in the paper. The caption also gives a very nice plug for Michael Whelan, so I am quite pleased.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool David.

Congratulations on a fine article.

We are all very proud of you for taking this adventure on and keeping a staple in the King collecting world going.

Ralph Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's brilliant!

Any progress on the new website? :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Wow!!

Just read the whole transfer from Stu to David article (as a newbie collector I was in the "dark" so to speak about that whole situation!

Belated gratz on the purchase and your newfound success as well as a timely gratz on the newspaper article!!!

Great job!!!!

p.s. I'm sending him a check today for a set of prints for the Centipede Salem's lot gift edition since I didn't get the deluxe edition (he only has a few!). If you are interested in a set, you better jump on it as I might change my mind and buy more. You all know how I seem not be able to stop myself! Fair warning!!!

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    It's a really nice article, David. I bet that it will double your incoming emails and bring more interested buyers. Too bad they did not include the Father Callahan illustration or the photo. Thanks for sharing it.
    Oh but they did Juliana! The Callahan photo was HUGE, about 1/4 of the second page of the article. The photos do not show in the text of the link but they are in the paper. The caption also gives a very nice plug for Michael Whelan, so I am quite pleased.
    That's awesome, David!. Michael's Callahan is exceptionally good. Keep up the good job!.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    That's brilliant!

Any progress on the new website? :-)
    Jeremy-

Fair question...I had bigger hopes for this renovation, but found that it would be prohibitively expensive to add what I wanted (search function, self checkout etc.) I have a friend (and is still a friend) who does this stuff and he charged me $800 to redesign my logo and to add a few initial changes to the site. I was stunned at the expense. Betts really is not a big business, despite the price of King books. I am making a profit, but not enough to justify a big expense for a site overhaul (unless someone wants to do it for fun/sharpen their skills/gift etc.).

I love doing this business, but I am desperate to find another job cause Betts doesn't even come close to meeting monthly expenses and my severance from my Wall Street job is almost gone. Sorry..I'm not trying to sing a sad song here, it's just the reality of what I'm dealing with.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Honestly. if you can't add some sort of more advanced search function, then you're right not to spend anymore money on it.

I'm not a big fan of the list structure - but since you actually update it, and it's easy to ID new updates and additions, I think you're doing all you need to do....frankly, it's all about seeming up-to-date, not so much 'technologicaly advanced,' you know?

$800 for a new logo? Hmph.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default search issues? maybe just add a better explanation???

Hey, I'm a bit confused.

You just go up to the top of the "browser" (I'm using Firefox Mozilla, but they all have this) and choose "EDIT" and then choose "FIND".

Then at the bottom of the browser (at least on Mozilla) you type in what you are looking for...just keep it pretty general.

Something like "Salem" (see? ...leaving the 's or s off since you aren't sure how it might be listed) vs "Great Ghost Stories" or something that might be typed differently.

Then you just click "next" or "previous" and see all instances of it. Since David has everything on one long page it works perfectly for his site actually and I like it MORE than typical search engines!

David, if you just make an obvious and bolded/colored explanation at the top on "How To Search Bett's Books Inventory" it might be easier for your clients (as they are probably older/less internet savvy).

Curt

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

That's supercool, David. Really. I wish I could hit like on your post here.

I totally agree with what Curt said.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent article, David. How nice to get the additional free publicity!

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

GGGreat press, David... doing a great job over there

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Man, I am SO glad things are going well for you. I've got my fingers crossed for you re. the second job...must be very frustrating that you have to get another. Hopefully it'll be no more than a wallet filler - with Betts bringing in the job satisfaction.

By the way, I'm curious to know how well the non-King items sell - I'm thinking of Terry Goodkind's books in particular as I have a complete set of 1st/1sts (all signed) and am curious about their value...
    Calla Wolf

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats David. I am just getting back into the loop as I spent all of Dec. and Jan. in the hospital fighting to make it. I have been in 3 times since for a week or so each but now I am on a nice road to recovery. I was very pleased as I read this thread from start to finish. As I do many here, I consider you to be one of the fewer people over the net that can be seen as trust worthy and honest, so I posted this story on my FB page. Hope you don't mind me bragging on you to some of my real life friends.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Congrats, David. That's a great article!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Also checked out the books over there David...

A lettered Heart Shaped Box...Jesus. That's one that I want!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the answer Wizard.

There are a lot of free "softwares" to create and manage a website online, but then there s still the time spent on the work, the expertise... and during the time spent on this work, if a guy is a professionnal, well, he cannot work on something else that will help him paying his rent...

But anyway, it will only be better as the current one... which is only a few pages stuck together ;-)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Man, I am SO glad things are going well for you. I've got my fingers crossed for you re. the second job...must be very frustrating that you have to get another. Hopefully it'll be no more than a wallet filler - with Betts bringing in the job satisfaction.

By the way, I'm curious to know how well the non-King items sell - I'm thinking of Terry Goodkind's books in particular as I have a complete set of 1st/1sts (all signed) and am curious about their value...
    Thanks Matey!

Fairly steady demand for Goodkind books. Stu I think was giving them away at $30.95 each. Granted, only a small portion of the inventory are first editions, but still. Do you have the HC Debt of Bones signed?

My current problem is that I can't get hooked up with Terry. He apparently is a personal friend of Stu's and when Stu told Terry he was selling the store, Terry was kind of "cold" as Stu put it. Stu has given him my contact info and tried to reach him a few times unsuccessfully, I fear I may have lost my signed books franchise with Terry if he doesn't come on board.

As for a complete Sword of Truth signed 1st/1st set, I'd say it is worth maybe $600 ($50 a book), perhaps more. I have a guy in the Czech Republic that wants a full signed set, maybe we could hook up if you wanted to sell.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

Kenny, the seller is a member here and might be open to an offer. Make one if you want.

Me

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

Kenny, the seller is a member here and might be open to an offer. Make one if you want.

Me
    As much as I'd love to, I don't think it's totally in the cards for me right now... one can dream

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I too have a full set signed......

I havent read any of his stuff... should add it to the list!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know what is going on but I haven't received an order above $125 in like 10 days! Tax man bite? I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast