Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 192 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Shut out -- oh well, my credit card bill will thank me

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am embarrassed to say that I didn't buy one item.

I was in a meeting until 2:00 EST and all of you knuckleheads beat me to the good stuff....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I emailed about Carrie at 1:17 and was too slow. Too bad, I was hoping to finally complete the set (US first editions).

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was sorely tempted with the S/L Talisman. Then the shadow of my CC bill loomed over me and slapped me upside my head.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Not part of that super collection but I just bought The Stand Limited from David over at Betts. Man oh man is that a good one. I am really happy I pulled the trigger
    on this. Let me also say that David is really good to work with. I will only go to him now for any "high end" books that I want.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Not part of that super collection but I just bought The Stand Limited from David over at Betts. Man oh man is that a good one. I am really happy I pulled the trigger
    on this. Let me also say that David is really good to work with. I will only go to him now for any "high end" books that I want.
    Congrats MikeDuke

I tried to buy this one too. I asked to put it on layaway or hold, as I see he does this sometimes. He said he would if it wasn't too long. I said I just wanted to make sure the closing on my old house went through, which is April 19th. The next day he said he sold it to someone else. Now I know who. If I would have known that was too long, I would have just gambled, or bit the bullet, but oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Congrats again.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Congrats MikeDuke

I tried to buy this one too. I asked to put it on layaway or hold, as I see he does this sometimes. He said he would if it wasn't too long. I said I just wanted to make sure the closing on my old house went through, which is April 19th. The next day he said he sold it to someone else. Now I know who. If I would have known that was too long, I would have just gambled, or bit the bullet, but oh well, you win some and you lose some.

Congrats again.
    Thanks. I also wanted to put this on layaway but Dave said that the buyer wanted a "quick" sale. So, I was able to find what I needed and did up the deal. It was two payments which the seller was OK with. Sorry to snipe you, but it is a nice one to get. I am sure you will find one. I did not expect to do this but I said why not.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats MikeDuke

Congrats again.
    Thanks. I also wanted to put this on layaway but Dave said that the buyer wanted a "quick" sale. So, I was able to find what I needed and did up the deal. It was two payments which the seller was OK with. Sorry to snipe you, but it is a nice one to get. I am sure you will find one. I did not expect to do this but I said why not.
    No problems. I definitely wouldn't say you sniped me. From the sounds of it, maybe you had the earlier first request, and maybe David was willing to sell it to me if I could come up with the money first.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats MikeDuke

Congrats again.
    A great memeber Shaq here has a lettered for sale... he is a stellar guy and perhaps it would pay to touch base with him and work something out
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Wow, the fabled letter ed? Now that would be sweet. But I am happy with my numbered ed.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm anxiously curled in the corner in a fetal position waiting to see if I am able to get a particular book from the new listing or if I came to the party too late......

EDIT: I did! One S/L Dolan's Cadillac for me!
    This might just about complete my wanted list. (Until I see something else that I HAVE to have) The US PB Bachman books are likely a pipe dream so I better start exerting control for those upcoming books I'm(WE'RE)going to need!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I'm anxiously curled in the corner in a fetal position waiting to see if I am able to get a particular book from the new listing or if I came to the party too late......

This might just about complete my wanted list. (Until I see something else that I HAVE to have) The US PB Bachman books are likely a pipe dream so I better start exerting control for those upcoming books I'm(WE'RE)going to need!
    Congrats, Bev! WTG!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Congrats, Bev! WTG!
    Thank you Brian! I appreciate you being happy for me

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Congrats, Bev! WTG!
    Was that the one with the slipcase? I actually just ordered one from Jeff to make for mine that I just picked up myself. Good for you and glad to see people are putting their money to a good hobby
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

Congrats, Bev! WTG!
    Was that the one with the slipcase? I actually just ordered one from Jeff to make for mine that I just picked up myself. Good for you and glad to see people are putting their money to a good hobby
    Thank you!
    Yes that was the one! Excited to see it in person.
    Jeff is making several slipcases for me at the moment. Your Dolan's is going to look great!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Thanks for replying twice lol. I'm going black with silver lettering. Make sure you post a picture when you get it and the slipcases!!!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for replying twice lol. I'm going black with silver lettering. Make sure you post a picture when you get it and the slipcases!!!
    Hahaha! I don't know how that happened. I am on my phone...will delete one.
    That's going to look awesome! Can't wait to see the pics!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Jeff does great work. I got the black & gold case for my copy.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Jeff does great work. I got the black & gold case for my copy.

Spoiler:

That looks fantastic. He does such a good job with these with all of the details. Thank you for sharing!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm in hindsight I really should have drawn the cars the other way in that slipcase...

Oh well.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Hmm in hindsight I really should have drawn the cars the other way in that slipcase...

Oh well.
    You should have had one car looking one way, the other car looking the other way, and the other car looking out and saying, "What do you want from me?!" lol

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh well.
    You should have had one car looking one way, the other car looking the other way, and the other car looking out and saying, "What do you want from me?!" lol
    Site won't allow me to rep again until i spread some love, but, dude... THAT was gold. I'm still laughing.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're most welcome .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm in hindsight I really should have drawn the cars the other way in that slipcase... Oh well.
    Fine job all the same, Simon. Thanks for taking the time to design one.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post

Oh well.
    Site won't allow me to rep again until i spread some love, but, dude... THAT was gold. I'm still laughing.
    I was hoping people got that. Thanks for thinking it was funny. I thought it was .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 192 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 ... LastLast