Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 192 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, then that one as an extra value
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Haha, seriously. If one without King's signature sells for 2900, I would love to see what the signed one would bring in.

Beverly, the posts regarding the signed copy are in the Pride and Joy thread a few months back. Here's the link if you want to see it.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ned#post978195

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Yay!! One of the S/L Skeleton Crew's is finally mine!
    WTG, Bev! I've eyed that book for a long time but just can't seem to folk over the dough. One day.....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a bootleg edition of 500 numbered copies (NOT signed by King). 500 copies were made but most were destroyed when arrived to USA. Apparently there are less than 50 copies nowadays.
    Wow... I had no idea so few copies remain. Up until now, I couldn't figure out why it was so desirable either.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    It's a bootleg edition of 500 numbered copies (NOT signed by King). 500 copies were made but most were destroyed when arrived to USA. Apparently there are less than 50 copies nowadays.
    Wow... I had no idea so few copies remain. Up until now, I couldn't figure out why it was so desirable either.
    It really isn't to me still.. I guess due to it being in a foreign language. Too many other S/L's I want that are in English I guess... some day if I get them all and need new things to get. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info Ari, interesting. Similarly, I've also wondered about the appeal of ES. Is it for these reasons (i.e., bootleg, so few copies, tried to be destroyed?) that ES commands such a high value?

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Haha, seriously. If one without King's signature sells for 2900, I would love to see what the signed one would bring in.

Beverly, the posts regarding the signed copy are in the Pride and Joy thread a few months back. Here's the link if you want to see it.
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ned#post978195
    Wow, that's quite a story!
    Thanks for the thread

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Yay!! One of the S/L Skeleton Crew's is finally mine!
    WTG, Bev! I've eyed that book for a long time but just can't seem to folk over the dough. One day.....
    Thank you Brian

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you Brian
    Most welcome .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Similarly, I've also wondered about the appeal of ES. Is it for these reasons (i.e., bootleg, so few copies, tried to be destroyed?) that ES commands such a high value?
    And it is the first publication of the book, worldwide.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the info Ari, interesting. Similarly, I've also wondered about the appeal of ES. Is it for these reasons (i.e., bootleg, so few copies, tried to be destroyed?) that ES commands such a high value?
    Yeah I also have no interest in that one at this time... It obviously commands a value though!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Similarly, I've also wondered about the appeal of ES. Is it for these reasons (i.e., bootleg, so few copies, tried to be destroyed?) that ES commands such a high value?
    And it is the first publication of the book, worldwide.
    The true first, OK. Cheers Bob...

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nebel, Angst, ES, and the rare Sie all command an extremely high value. You do not see them up for auction much at all.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've wanted all of those for some time.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Then throw in Die Augen des Drachen Portfolio and you will be in good shape. Anyone remember the Stephen King signed Duddits? I always heard he signed 10 copies only. I got lucky and won one copy.

Country
    Country Flag

What is that? Got a pic?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Anyone remember the Stephen King signed Duddits? I always heard he signed 10 copies only. I got lucky and won one copy.
    I think that there turned out to be more than 10. I have forgotten the exact number but Frank (Stockerlone) knows all about it. Maybe he will see this and chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What is that? Got a pic?
    It is a portfolio of artwork that was to be used for an edition of The Eyes Of The Dragon and published by Edition Phantasia. The book never was published but they did eventually publish the artwork portfolio. They seem to be really, really scarce.

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Can someone tell me why Nebel is worth so much? I just don't see the allure of it being in another language... sorry.. thanks guys.
    The illustrations are really cool. They have a medieval feel to them, very different from any other King illustration. Plus the backstory on the book and the limited number of surviving copies is interesting. I can see the allure of such an exclusive item and it's not like I read any of my signed limiteds anyway.
    I've never liked the illustrations that were used by Edition Phantasia for Nebel. They are beyond weird to me and most have nothing at all to do with the story. If anyone can honestly say that they see any correlation between the images and the story I will seriously suspect that they are taking hallucinogens.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like the Nebel limited...I think it is a pretty book in its light grey slipcase.....This is like the 4th copy I've seen for sale in many many years...I owned a copy at one point and sold it to a customer (dumb and dumber is me).....I sold 2 that were part of Chris Cavalier's collection and that has been it. Mike is right, they are really rare...Bob is right in that it is the first appearance (true 1st)....what I'm finding is that over the last 18 months, the rare King stuff is skyrocketing in price.

Those Green Mile Proofs (full set...rare in and of itself), but #1 inscribed to a noted member of King's inner circle.....There are less than 10 complete Green Mile Proof sets and as far as I know, only 2 sets have a signed copy...one set I sold to a customer (same one who owns my Nebel) and #1 is flatsigned and this inscribed set....I've sold 2 Complete GM Proof sets in the last 6 months both for $7000 so with this one signed, price is fair in my book but I recognize everybody prices collectibles differently.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

What is that? Got a pic?
    It is a portfolio of artwork that was to be used for an edition of The Eyes Of The Dragon and published by Edition Phantasia. The book never was published but they did eventually publish the artwork portfolio. They seem to be really, really scarce.
    Sounds like only 100 were made...I would love to see one, even more to own one!!!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

David
    I have a set of the Green Mile proofs but they are not signed sadly...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    What is that? Got a pic?
    Sounds like only 100 were made...I would love to see one, even more to own one!!!
    46/100

Country
    Country Flag

I would LOVE to own that Firestarter set. Been trying to convince my wife that it be a nice bday gift for my bday this year! Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 192 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast