Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 192 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Betts Books

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I'd like to see your overview too!

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm always up to learning more, the market seems incredibly violent now that I"m back in the game and I'd be interested to learn some more.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It'd be really interesting to see!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Count me in, too, David. Sounds very interesting!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It certainly sounds interesting, David. I would hope that you see higher prices than one finds on eBay given that you/Betts are a known and trusted source as opposed to, in many people's minds, the vagaries of eBay.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It certainly sounds interesting, David. I would hope that you see higher prices than one finds on eBay given that you/Betts are a known and trusted source as opposed to, in many people's minds, the vagaries of eBay.
    I think that observation Patrick is EXACTLY correct!

I will put together a list.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

That would be great to see .

Thanks David.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

I know when I listed books on Abebooks awhile back I would sometimes sell the same book that I listed on Ebay for MORE money to someone who had seen the Ebay listing but actually bought from the Abe listing.

Seems like some people are much more trusting of a more "official" system, even if it's the same seller, same product...strange...but I'm sure I'm like that in some way I don't even recognize...haha...so Betts SHOULD sell for more money!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like you're already decided, but I'll be interested to see too, David.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Happy 50 1/2 yr. birthday David!!!
    You got me by 3 1/2 yrs. my 47th was feb 27th..
    I would love to see a new overhaul to the Bett's site, but hey a self-check out would eliminate haggling on price
    Yes, I believe there would be a demand for a book finding service, sounds like a good idea..
    Keep up the good work!!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, here is a partial list of some of the prices that have been realized over the last 3 months:

Signed 1st edition “IT”: $800
    New Lieutenant’s Rap with envelope: $2500
    Night Shift Tall Proof: $4100
    1st edition Night Shift F/NF: $850
    UK 1st edition 1990 The Stand: $85
    1st edition Thinner: $150
    UK Insomnia Proof: $150
    Signed 1st edition Under the Dome: $225
    S/L Dolan’s Cadillac 1/1000: $400; two others more recently at $300
    Signed 1st edition Dolores Claiborne: $200
    Signed 1st edition Gerald’s Game: $200
    Signed 1st edition Viking Waste Lands: $225
    1st Grant Wizard & Glass: $125
    Lettered Quietly Now: $400
    S/L Desperation: $300
    S/L The Waste Lands: $450
    From a Buick 8 Gift Edition: $90
    Grant DT Gift Set: $175
    1st edition (2nd state DJ) Salem’s Lot $900
    S/L Little Sisters of Eluria: $400
    UK S/L Under the Dome: $300
    S/L DT III-VII+ S/L LSOE: $2400
    Signed 1st edition Insomnia: $250
    S/L Black House: $300
    S/L Colorado Kid: $325
    Lettered Skeleton Crew: $3000
    1st edition The Shining: $225
    S/L From a Buick 8: $375
    S/L Insomnia: $400
    Matching number S/L Talisman + S/L Black House: $999
    S/L Six Stories in aftermarket slipcase: $650
    1st edition Gunslinger F/NF: $800
    Signed 1st edition Everything’s Eventual: $250
    Signed 1st edition Duma Key: $240
    S/L Eyes of the Dragon: $850
    1st edition 1978 The Stand: $195
    1st edition Carrie F/F: $900
    S/L He is Legend: $275
    Signed 1st edition Lisey’s Story: $225
    Signed 1st edition On Writing: $225
    S/L Firestarter: $1125
    S/L Green Mile: $1125
    Lettered Regulators: $3450
    S/L Salem’s Lot: $1100

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quite interesting, David. Some are much higher than I'd expect and some, unfortunately, lower than I'd hoped. All in all, definitely some food for thought there.

Thanks so much for putting it together for us!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just wow. Some of these prices are very sobering. For instance, the S/L Insomnia is currently more than what I paid for it ten years ago but just barely, while the S/L Desperation is actually below what I paid for it ten years ago. I use those two examples because both were purchased from Betts.

Just to clarify, these are the prices you're getting and not what you are paying (I don't want to see that list. That's your business.), am I right David?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sam, you are correct. Those are David's sales, not purchases.

Interesting list, David. Glad to see you are getting what I consider generally good prices in this lousy economy.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Just wow. Some of these prices are very sobering. For instance, the S/L Insomnia is currently more than what I paid for it ten years ago but just barely, while the S/L Desperation is actually below what I paid for it ten years ago. I use those two examples because both were purchased from Betts.

Just to clarify, these are the prices you're getting and not what you are paying (I don't want to see that list. That's your business.), am I right David?
    Correct Sam. Prices sold not purchased.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool of you to share that, David.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

hey dave,

S/L Green Mile: $1125 - was this for the limited gift edition? if so....wow, what an increase from the 150.00 publisher price...
    or was it for the lettered version.... if so...wow, what a decrease from the 2500.00 publisher price.

and... 1st edition 1978 The Stand: $195 ? what shape was this one in...
    seems a bit low for fine shape edition...
    a bit disappointing price regardless... i paid hutch 662.00 for signed/inscribed very fine edition about 10 years ago.

meanwhile... the signed limited salem's lot for 1100.00 is pretty good for so few years...from the 95.00 publisher price.

---------------------------
    curious... i know the black roman # salem's lot (15 copies) - a couple sold for 7675.00 and 8500+ the week after it was released. (publisher price was 950.00)

you have one listed at 6000.00 - which is i know has to be disappointing that it hasn't sold yet, since so few come up for sale.
    hypothetical question ... I have no intention of selling mine, but I have a low # red lettered copy - since there were only 10 copies of the red numbered ones- and they were not supposedly available to the "public"... if you were pricing it, would you price it higher than a black lettered?

I've personally seen three black roman #'d ones up for sale over the years (including the one you have) - but i have yet to see a red #'d one.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Terry, the s/l Green Mile originally sold for $950 (148 copies). The gift edition (2000 copies) sold for $150. I don't own a lettered version, so I'm not sure how much it sold for ($2500 seems right) or how many copies. (I'm sure it's on the site somewhere, but I feel a bit lazy today...)

The s/l black-numbered Salem's Lot sold for $450 + $20 for shipping.

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Terry, the s/l Green Mile originally sold for $950 (148 copies). The gift edition (2000 copies) sold for $150. I don't own a lettered version, so I'm not sure how much it sold for ($2500 seems right) or how many copies. (I'm sure it's on the site somewhere, but I feel a bit lazy today...)

The s/l black-numbered Salem's Lot sold for $450 + $20 for shipping.

John
    ah... i forgot that there was a greenmile between the lettered and the gift... i bought the lettered and gift...but didn't opt to by the numbered.

the salem's lot i was talking about was not the numbered version.... but the "lettered"...which is actually roman numeraled...25 copies: 15 in black for the public and 10 in red - reserved for artist/author/publisher.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    hey dave,

S/L Green Mile: $1125 - was this for the limited gift edition? if so....wow, what an increase from the 150.00 publisher price...
    or was it for the lettered version.... if so...wow, what a decrease from the 2500.00 publisher price.

and... 1st edition 1978 The Stand: $195 ? what shape was this one in...
    seems a bit low for fine shape edition...
    a bit disappointing price regardless... i paid hutch 662.00 for signed/inscribed very fine edition about 10 years ago.

meanwhile... the signed limited salem's lot for 1100.00 is pretty good for so few years...from the 95.00 publisher price.

---------------------------
    curious... i know the black roman # salem's lot (15 copies) - a couple sold for 7675.00 and 8500+ the week after it was released. (publisher price was 950.00)

you have one listed at 6000.00 - which is i know has to be disappointing that it hasn't sold yet, since so few come up for sale.
    hypothetical question ... I have no intention of selling mine, but I have a low # red lettered copy - since there were only 10 copies of the red numbered ones- and they were not supposedly available to the "public"... if you were pricing it, would you price it higher than a black lettered?

I've personally seen three black roman #'d ones up for sale over the years (including the one you have) - but i have yet to see a red #'d one.
    Terry-

John's post got the Green Mile and Salem's S/L prices right so thanks John.

As for the Lettered Salem's, if I were pricing yours, I'd give a modest premium to what I priced a Black one, because it was limited to just 10 and because they were not available to the public. At the high prices for these, I wouldn't do a large price differential. My $6k copy will sell, I'm confident of that, perhaps if the consignee agrees to go a smidgen (sp?) lower.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to my wife's networking accumen, the local newspaper published a story on me and Betts Books today. I've posted the link below and attached the two photos that they used in the story (the photos do not appear in the on-line story in the link).

I'm pretty pleased with the exception that they misspelled my wife's last name. It should be Wilke, not Wilkie. Nobody's perfect.

http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.co...ing-450447.php

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

It's a really nice article, David. I bet that it will double your incoming emails and bring more interested buyers. Too bad they did not include the Father Callahan illustration or the photo. Thanks for sharing it.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Really cool article!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

David
    GREAT article!!

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dude, very nice article.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 192 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast