Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I'm still working diligently on getting my list up on Betts site.....I have pages and pages of items....RIGHT NOW, I'm looking to post a PARTIAL list by noon tomorrow (Saturday 7th). There will much more to follow that initial listing. Many rarer, higher priced items will come first, mixed with some "regular" stuff as well. Good night folks...back to my web site loading.

Ahhh, you are indeed the MAN!!! Hard at work on a, Friday night? You should be out dining with, Mrs. Rainbow!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I'm still working diligently on getting my list up on Betts site.....I have pages and pages of items....RIGHT NOW, I'm looking to post a PARTIAL list by noon tomorrow (Saturday 7th). There will much more to follow that initial listing. Many rarer, higher priced items will come first, mixed with some "regular" stuff as well. Good night folks...back to my web site loading.

Ahhh, you are indeed the MAN!!! Hard at work on a, Friday night? You should be out dining with, Mrs. Rainbow!!! LOL
    Ms. Rainbow in with her mom in MI right now as mom had hip replacement surgery Wed....that is ONLY reason why I was working so late!

I have 100 items and lots of pictures to post within the hour....over 100 more items to come over the following week (I hope).

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Sovereign is on a distinguished road Sovereign's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

I've been refreshing the page for the last two hours. Needless to say I'm excited to see what you have!
    "No two persons ever read the same book." - Edmund Wilson

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, one of the low dollar items is something I've been after for a couple of years.
    Fingers crossed that I get it.
    Mark Twain

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up something really nice for me! Now to determine if there is something nice for my Secret Santa buddy...

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Nice, one of the low dollar items is something I've been after for a couple of years.
    And I missed it.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And I missed it.
    What are you looking for?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to whoever got that different Seasons for 5 bucks, I've been looking for a decent replacement copy for a while.

Spoiler:
    PM me - I'll double your money
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Surprised no one has bought the lettered (C) "The House Next Door" for $450. Only 26, bound in calf leather with hand painted morocco paper boards, enclosed in a cloth box.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Surprised no one has bought the lettered (C) "The House Next Door" for $450. Only 26, bound in calf leather with hand painted morocco paper boards, enclosed in a cloth box.
    "hand painted morocco paper boards"?

I have one but the full leather binding is brown. Did someone put paint on theirs? Can boards be both morocco and paper?

Also isn't morocco leather from goats? Description also says calf leather. I wonder which it is?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You have one in hand. Why don't you clarify the facts rather than ask questions you apparently already know the answers to?

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

You have one in hand. Why don't you clarify the facts rather than ask questions you apparently already know the answers to?
    I already said that my boards are brown leather. I looked at the limitation page but it says nothing about the type of leather. You are the one who added to the more limited description on the Betts site. Why don't you clarify?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Also isn't morocco leather from goats? Description also says calf leather. I wonder which it is?
    Per wikipedia "The finest grades of Morocco leather are goat skin, but by the late 19th century other skins often were substituted in practice, particularly sheep skin and split calf skins."

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My description came for Mr. Rabbit Trick who owns a copy and provided pictures and the description. He, like you is usually a reliable source for information, but even the great ones can be wrong.
    Any help you provide for clarity is greatly appreciated as I can modify the Catalog entry to provide the most accurate description possible.
    Any clarifications about the Betts one for sale should be directed to David.

Any clarifications about the Betts one for sale should be directed to David.
    Fair enough. But the description you posted did not come from the Betts site. I had no idea where you were getting the description you posted. The one on Betts site needs no clarification.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Is there a chance you can check your copy and truly ascertain if the book is bound in real leather, and if so, what animal skin it is?
    I won't sleep well until I know.

Is there a chance you can check your copy and truly ascertain if the book is bound in real leather, and if so, what animal skin it is?
    No. I suppose I could do some small scrapings of the leather and send them for DNA analysis but the results won't be back soon enough to ensure a good night's sleep for you. Sorry.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<-------------------Insomnia tonight.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No. I suppose I could do some small scrapings of the leather and send them for DNA analysis but the results won't be back soon enough to ensure a good night's sleep for you. Sorry.
    Sherlock Holmes would just know by smelling it.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Sherlock Holmes would just know by smelling it.
    You are welcome to come smell it but you will probably need to hurry. Not sure when RF goes to bed.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

cover looks brown to me on this copy. brown/red marbled boards...cannot say if hand painted....sure looks like a print....no mention of the type of leather...limitation page only says 450 copies of this specially bound edition have been signed and numbered by....then Siddons signature, and King sig underneath that says Number C. this book has a clear plastic dj on it housed in a rust colored slipcase

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Do you mean brown/red marbled endpapers?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not erudite, thus I am confused as to the genetic difference between a sheep and a goat, let alone the difference between a goat and a cow/calf.
    This helped me understand sheep/goat genetic differences.

This is a bit easier to understand.

This is fascinating

This was the easiest for me (in my limited capacity) to grasp:

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean brown/red marbled endpapers?
    yes I do, mistyped..not boards, endpapers...sorry all

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<-------------------Insomnia tonight.
    I'm not sure what will help the most; counting sheep, goats or cows.
    I'll try all three and report back tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 192 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast