Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    If the price was right, they would have sold right away.

The Carrie ARC is fairly common, and the letter is a photocopy.
    If I was paying $16,000 for the "Christmas Card" set, I would want them signed by "Steve" and not "Stephen". "Steve" denotes a friend and not just an acquaintance.
    Who is your set signed it Alan?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

If I was paying $16,000 for the "Christmas Card" set, I would want them signed by "Steve" and not "Stephen". "Steve" denotes a friend and not just an acquaintance.
    I'm not sure if I have seen copies of The Plant inscribed and signed "Steve." I think all I have seen have been signed "Stephen." Probably there are exceptions and, if so, I'm sure someone will correct me. Regardless, Kay McCauley was a very close associate of King's for years and continuing to the present day. The Betts listing is in error as Kay McCauley was Kirby McCauley's sister and not his daughter. Kay was co-owner (along with Kirby) of the agency that represented King for years. In some ways I think King was closer to her than to Kirby. The early, low numbers on her copies of The Plant attest to the fact that she was near the top of King's Christmas list.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I'm not sure if I have seen copies of The Plant inscribed and signed "Steve." I think all I have seen have been signed "Stephen." Probably there are exceptions and, if so, I'm sure someone will correct me. Regardless, Kay McCauley was a very close associate of King's for years and continuing to the present day. The Betts listing is in error as Kay McCauley was Kirby McCauley's sister and not his daughter. Kay was co-owner (along with Kirby) of the agency that represented King for years. In some ways I think King was closer to her than to Kirby. The early, low numbers on her copies of The Plant attest to the fact that she was near the top of King's Christmas list.
    VERY COOL info Bob!!! Thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Alan. You're just being grumpy again.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

Oh, Alan. You're just being grumpy again.
    All the main proof collectors already have the Carrie proof.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Mine are signed "Steve"

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Alan, that is great! I knew as soon as I wrote that that someone would post something to prove me wrong. Still, Kay was and is someone very important to King's career.

Kirby, as we know, passed away recently. But Kay is still active as an agent in NY. I assume she still represents King in some way or another with the books she and Kirby agented, starting with The Dead Zone.

Country
    Country Flag

Mine are signed "Steve"

Do you have matching EOTD?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can check tonight but I think mine are all signed STEVE also.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    No. My EOTD is to Terry Tidwell.

I think that is what makes the Kay McCauley set of four books so appealing. There are quite a few sets of The Plant with all three volumes inscribed to the same person. But TEOTD was sent out for the Christmas in 1984 between Parts 2 & 3 of The Plant. So the set of four books really constitutes a set of Christmas gifts (all published by Philtrum Press) from 1982 through 1985. Remarkably few sets seem to be intact judging from what is or has been available on the secondary market.

Country
    Country Flag

I think that is what makes the Kay McCauley set of four books so appealing. There are quite a few sets of The Plant with all three volumes inscribed to the same person. But TEOTD was sent out for the Christmas in 1984 between Parts 2 & 3 of The Plant. So the set of four books really constitutes a set of Christmas gifts (all published by Philtrum Press) from 1982 through 1985. Remarkably few sets seem to be intact judging from what is or has been available on the secondary market.
    That was my thoughts as well. I know of only 2 sets... anyone else have the set of 4 matching out here?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

That was my thoughts as well. I know of only 2 sets... anyone else have the set of 4 matching out here?
    I have a set of the four books inscribed to King's first editor at Doubleday, Bill Thompson.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i have all four signed to Burt Hatlen.
    i'll try to post some pics in my collection thread later.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Part 2 of The Plant is signed as "Steve" and TEOTD inscription is signed as "Steve" also. Just noticed that.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK
    I looked after my Italian class.
    All of my Plants 1,2,3 are signed to "Chris" and all signed "Steve King".

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a set of the four books inscribed to King's first editor at Doubleday, Bill Thompson.
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Part 2 of The Plant is signed as "Steve" and TEOTD inscription is signed as "Steve" also. Just noticed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    OK

Phew!!! I'm glad we were able to clear that up!!! LOL Just Kidding, guys!! LOL Wish I could afford one of those!!

So, just how busy will, Betts be for the holidays? Has anyone purchased the "Gift Certificates" as yet? They seem like a great idea and I may be looking into a couple for the holidays.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    OK

Phew!!! I'm glad we were able to clear that up!!! LOL Just Kidding, guys!! LOL Wish I could afford one of those!!

So, just how busy will, Betts be for the holidays? Has anyone purchased the "Gift Certificates" as yet? They seem like a great idea and I may be looking into a couple for the holidays.
    Bill... that is ALL I have asked for. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My bad...I corrected to sister...prices were set by consignee, not me but I don't think they are too aggressive. They may find the right buyer.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quick update to help you all understand where I am at these days.....Currently in earnings season at my "main" job from midnight to 9am, so am swamped nightly with work...After that, I must divvy up time to Betts, unpacking boxes (of which there are still inordinate amounts, UGH) and being a family man....my wife's mother is having hip replacement surgery tomorrow so wife is flying out there for 6 days....then returns for 2 days and then wife and daughter fly to Atlantis/Bahamas for my daughter's GOLDEN BIRTHDAY.....The golden birthday thing is a celebration from my wife's side of the family...For instance my daughter's birthday is Nov 15th and this year she turns 15 on the 15th. Her closest cousin turns 14 on the 14th so the two girls and moms (sisters) are spending 3.5 days in Atlantis (been planning for 2 years!)...that is their entire birthday (and then some).....long story short, I'm single parenting my daughter for 6 days coming up with wife away...will be great time with daughter but her "social calendar" will keep the Betts Taxi Service running strong.

And coming soon.....may be the biggest news...

In moving, it gave me a chance to cherry pick items from my personal collection that "just don't do it for me any more" PLUS I want to build a cash supply for Betts so I can more easily purchase new books to offer to all of you, Between what I culled from my personal collection plus other items I've accumulated but never posted, I must have 200+ items to list for sale. Now what I plan to do is offer nearly all of these at prices BELOW what I think are current realistic prices. I don't always get pricing right, but there will be some good bargains. Not GIVING stuff away, but I hope to move a bunch of stuff rather quickly. Many will be considered mundane by some of you (like I have 1st edition later UK books that I just don't need to own), but there will be some GREAT/COOL things like Lettered editions, S/Ls, remarqued books etc....so I think something that will apppeal to most of you. I'm still accumulating lists but I hope to post these items (or at least post SOME of these items) in the next 3 days!

STAY TUNED!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the update, David! Keep sane!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quick update to help you all understand where I am at these days.....Currently in earnings season at my "main" job from midnight to 9am, so am swamped nightly with work...After that, I must divvy up time to Betts, unpacking boxes (of which there are still inordinate amounts, UGH) and being a family man....my wife's mother is having hip replacement surgery tomorrow so wife is flying out there for 6 days....then returns for 2 days and then wife and daughter fly to Atlantis/Bahamas for my daughter's GOLDEN BIRTHDAY.....The golden birthday thing is a celebration from my wife's side of the family...For instance my daughter's birthday is Nov 15th and this year she turns 15 on the 15th. Her closest cousin turns 14 on the 14th so the two girls and moms (sisters) are spending 3.5 days in Atlantis (been planning for 2 years!)...that is their entire birthday (and then some).....long story short, I'm single parenting my daughter for 6 days coming up with wife away...will be great time with daughter but her "social calendar" will keep the Betts Taxi Service running strong.

In moving, it gave me a chance to cherry pick items from my personal collection that "just don't do it for me any more" PLUS I want to build a cash supply for Betts so I can more easily purchase new books to offer to all of you, Between what I culled from my personal collection plus other items I've accumulated but never posted, I must have 200+ items to list for sale. Now what I plan to do is offer nearly all of these at prices BELOW what I think are current realistic prices. I don't always get pricing right, but there will be some good bargains. Not GIVING stuff away, but I hope to move a bunch of stuff rather quickly. Many will be considered mundane by some of you (like I have 1st edition later UK books that I just don't need to own), but there will be some GREAT/COOL things like Lettered editions, S/Ls, remarqued books etc....so I think something that will apppeal to most of you. I'm still accumulating lists but I hope to post these items (or at least post SOME of these items) in the next 3 days!

STAY TUNED!
    Ooooh!!! Just in time for Christmas!!!! You better, you better, you Betts!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Sovereign is on a distinguished road Sovereign's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

STAY TUNED!
    Hopefully I can help mop up some of the cheapies once the high rollers take all the big ticket items. Since I'm missing so much, I'm sure I'll find tons of books I need.
    "No two persons ever read the same book." - Edmund Wilson

Country
    Country Flag

The Whelan I have is now at Bett's. Shocked no one has bitten on this... if you would like to do something.. .PM me an offer. Kinda cash strapped. thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still working diligently on getting my list up on Betts site.....I have pages and pages of items....RIGHT NOW, I'm looking to post a PARTIAL list by noon tomorrow (Saturday 7th). There will much more to follow that initial listing. Many rarer, higher priced items will come first, mixed with some "regular" stuff as well. Good night folks...back to my web site loading.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 192 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 152 ... LastLast