Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 192 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Would have NEVER GUESSED the final prices....specifically on the Plant and Green Mile sets.

WOW.
    What is the difference between The Plant that sold and the ones you read about on SKCollector as in signed and numbered? Curious as I really don't know. Were the signed and number ones considered proofs too?
    I was going to post the exact same question!!!! although i like the signed plants, the price is high for signed proofs??? what are they? I like the personalized plants as intended along with the EOTD.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Congratulations to who ever got all these NEAT items. the one i would of really liked is the proof of Danse Macabre!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Would have NEVER GUESSED the final prices....specifically on the Plant and Green Mile sets.

WOW.
    What is the difference between The Plant that sold and the ones you read about on SKCollector as in signed and numbered? Curious as I really don't know. Were the signed and number ones considered proofs too?
    I was going to post the exact same question!!!! although i like the signed plants, the price is high for signed proofs??? what are they? I like the personalized plants as intended along with the EOTD.
    It's my understanding that those were designer proofs of The Plant. Basically, the same as the numbered editions but without a number and possibly something along the lines of "designers proof" or "printers proof" written inside. Technically they are considered proofs.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

WOW.
    It's my understanding that those were designer proofs of The Plant. Basically, the same as the numbered editions but without a number and possibly something along the lines of "designers proof" or "printers proof" written inside. Technically they are considered proofs.
    Check out post #391 in my collections thread. It shows a Plant 3 proof that says "Proof copy" on the limitation thread.

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Going by the prices realised on the silent auctions... "I'm rich I tell Ya, I'm rich"

My collection has quadrupled in value.... WoooooooooooHooooooooooooo!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Going by the prices realised on the silent auctions... "I'm rich I tell Ya, I'm rich"

My collection has quadrupled in value.... WoooooooooooHooooooooooooo!
    Quit rubbing it in.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

WOW.
    Check out post #391 in my collections thread. It shows a Plant 3 proof that says "Proof copy" on the limitation thread.

John
    Here is a link to the post for your convenience

jhanic proof post #391
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

So the Plant proofs.....would people here say their value is the same as the 3 books? Curious. Not that I can afford them but I can dream, and sponge off your knowledge .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

No, because the proofs aren't signed. If they are signed, like in the Betts listing, they're more valuable of course. But still not in the same league as the true S/L, I'd say.

I don't know if the Betts set are true proofs (designated as such in pencil), or out-of-series copies that were originally unsigned, unnumbered and not designated as anything. These exist as well and should go for around $500.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    No, because the proofs aren't signed. If they are signed, like in the Betts listing, they're more valuable of course. But still not in the same league as the true S/L, I'd say.

I don't know if the Betts set are true proofs (designated as such in pencil), or out-of-series copies that were originally unsigned, unnumbered and not designated as anything. These exist as well and should go for around $500.
    Thanks!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

JUST A HEADS UP TO ALL!!!

SIGNIFICANT PRICE CUTS TO LATEST COLLECTION (THOSE ITEMS REMAINING) TO BE UPLOADED LATER THIS MORNING!!! I am finishing my other job now...like ly headed to the gym and then will be ready to upload.

***In addition, there are lots of Caretaker Specials that I have dropped the price SIGNIFICANTLY ON...Am LOSING $$ on almost all these but $$ in my pocket is better than none and I don't want to move these items to the new house in 6 weeks so you all get to benefit!!

Just noticed...POST #4,000....I'm an old man!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got my eye on an item. Waiting...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Got my eye on an item. Waiting...
    Got my eye on that same item... waiting...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Big item crossed off my want list! 1/100 FDNS. Can't wait to add it to my collection!

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh I just bought a few... 3 so far!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Big item crossed off my want list! 1/100 FDNS. Can't wait to add it to my collection!
    Congrats! Definitely a cool one to add.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done! I missed that one. I've been looking for it for some time now. Congratulations!

I ended up going for a few even though I've already spent so much on the 1st round, but at least they're low ticket items this time.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You got a good deal on that one for sure!

John

My Mood
    Confused

Of course I had to work today and for the hell of it I decided to check out Betts books first. Got a little too excited, sent Dave and email for the scraps lol. I placed an order perhaps for 4 items via email. Let's see what happens . I'm hoping for some good news. Nothing financially ground breaking, but items I am interested in.

Country
    Country Flag

I have a problem... I cannot stop buying books...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    On the way to my therapist now to talk about the same problem.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Somebody needs to save me from me.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried that, but the co-pay was $40 per session.
    After 5 sessions, I realized I could have bought a really nice book and stopped going.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I tried that, but the co-pay was $40 per session.
    After 5 sessions, I realized I could have bought a really nice book and stopped going.
    Good one! And good point! My co-pay also just went up because I changed to a different medical plan. Now you got me thinking. Stop going to therapy and buy books with the money instead. Hmmmm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 192 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast