Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 192 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Last year I had a package marked delivered at my apartment. I got home and it was not there. Turns out a homeless guy stole it.

He sold it back to me the next day, thank god he didn't know what the book was worth. It wasn't nearly that amount, but was still a bummer when it didn't show up. Best of luck!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's brutal, David. Hopefully it gets resolved sooner vs. later.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am guessing that the next door house had no cameras?
    How much was the package valued from the post office?

Because surely, if it was insured for $7,500 that would IRRESPONSIBLE by the delivery company to leave the package on a doorstep and not getting it hand delivered with signature??

I hope that this situation gets sorted quickly for you David
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That’s brutal David. So sorry to hear and I hope it works out quickly in your favor :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That is a tough situation David. Best of luck to you.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Terrible! Doesn’t your insurance cover something like this?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wow. What a story. I hope this can be resolved.

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, sorry to hear that. I had a similar problem but on a much cheaper book. It still sucked, but nothing like this

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear this, David.

David's insurance won't pay since the package was delivered. Once the package is delivered, the recipient becomes responsible for it.

David, you should get your money back. It sucks they took it in the first place though.

Signature confirmation is worth the money for high value items.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

On a side note, we can only hope that the book resurfaces at some point, safe and secure and in a way that allows the butt nugget that stole it to be prosecuted.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post
    On a side note, we can only hope that the book resurfaces at some point, safe and secure and in a way that allows the butt nugget that stole it to be prosecuted.
    There can’t be too many Gunslingers marked ‘special’ out there, and chances are that it might get advertised on here or on a social media/eBay, in which case the members can be on the lookout for it and out the thieving ‘butt nugget’
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I too hope the situation is cleared up soon and the butt nugget can be caught.

A while ago belgian post allowed people to choose what’s to be done with your package if you are not home: take to the post office, leave with a neighbour or leave ‘in a safe place’ that you can specify. Is there something similar in the states?

Surely leaving it at your doorstep is at the postal service’s risk, unless you as a customer have told them explicitly that that’s ok to do?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    I too hope the situation is cleared up soon and the butt nugget can be caught.

A while ago belgian post allowed people to choose what’s to be done with your package if you are not home: take to the post office, leave with a neighbour or leave ‘in a safe place’ that you can specify. Is there something similar in the states?

Surely leaving it at your doorstep is at the postal service’s risk, unless you as a customer have told them explicitly that that’s ok to do?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Here in the U.K., especially with Amazon, you can designate a ‘safe place’ to leave your parcel, or have it sent to your local post office to collect at your convenience. Although we have a lot of courier companies who think it’s ok to leave parcels in bins, throw them (or attempt to throw them) through upstairs windows, and often sign for the delivery themselves to make sure they get paid for the delivery. I would think it would be similar all over the world
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno. Something doesn't pass the smell test here. The book was marked as delivered the middle of June but an issue wasn't flagged until the middle of August? Further the recipient insists the problem is with the PO?
    If I was the buyer of a $7500 item that hadn't arrived yet, I would be all over the seller. I don't know anything about the buyer, but this just doesn't sound right to me.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I dunno. Something doesn't pass the smell test here. The book was marked as delivered the middle of June but an issue wasn't flagged until the middle of August? Further the recipient insists the problem is with the PO?
    If I was the buyer of a $7500 item that hadn't arrived yet, I would be all over the seller. I don't know anything about the buyer, but this just doesn't sound right to me.
    Not here to judge, but had the same thought
    Im already nervous on a 200$ book being not there , but here post isn’t allowed to „just let the sending infront of the House“

If you are not available you need to pick it up at the office where it returns

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I was also thinking doesn't seem right. I mean, I have bought books from David, as most of us have. I follow the track via the post office with great anticipation. If a book is a day late, OK. But to buy something in June and complain in Aug that it was not delivered seems strange. I mean, how do we know that this person got the book, thought about it said damn, that was a lot for a book. Let me say that I never got it and see if I can my money back. It just doesn't seem clean.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a clusterfuck for sure. If any lesson is learned, it's that although often inconvenient, a recipient signature required should be done on things worth ~$500 or more, even if between friends. A person could still deny they signed, but it makes it less likely for theft and or fraud.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree. If my $7.5K book was missing, I'd be emailing, and calling everyone involved twice a day.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Agree. If my $7.5K book was missing, I'd be emailing, and calling everyone involved twice a day.
    When David told me I said I smelled a rat. I still do...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

None of this makes sense.

The delay in complaining is certainly suspicious.

USPS isn't responsible for a package that tracking shows was delivered two months ago and neither is David.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In the last month or so, I had USPS mark a book delivered even though it went on the wrong truck and didn't make it here. Somehow, the carrier overrode the system and was able to do it. Only reason I knew there was an issue was because Informed Delivery showed a delivery zip code of 29486, and I am 29483. It took going down to the post office and talking to the postmaster to figure out what the hell was going on. So just because the post office says it was delivered, doesn't mean it was... (Lord, how I hate USPS!)

But I agree - delivered = no longer David's problem.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    In the last month or so, I had USPS mark a book delivered even though it went on the wrong truck and didn't make it here. Somehow, the carrier overrode the system and was able to do it. Only reason I knew there was an issue was because Informed Delivery showed a delivery zip code of 29486, and I am 29483. It took going down to the post office and talking to the postmaster to figure out what the hell was going on. So just because the post office says it was delivered, doesn't mean it was... (Lord, how I hate USPS!)

But I agree - delivered = no longer David's problem.
    I bought the deluxe edition of PS Publishing's Horns. I was at home waiting for the book. The mailman put my mail in the box at 11:20 AM and drove on. The book wasn't there. I went on the USPS website. Tracking said my package was delivered at 9:30 AM. At 9:30 AM they are loading the postal trucks. I went to the Post Office and explained the situation. They said they'd try to find my package.

I contacted the seller. He said it wasn't his problem since tracking showed the package was delivered. He provided the insurance information for me to pursue payment. I had to wait 20 days for USPS to try to find the package. I could then file a claim. I completely documented my case. I filed the claim and waited and waited and waited. I was eventually denied. I appealed and waited and waited and won.

They mailed me a check a couple of weeks later.

Considering the whole process, it took over three months to get my money back.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Lots of good speculation here for sure...My insurance will NOT cover because post office shows delivered...I agree it is very suspicious that customer never contacted me that he did not get the book. And everyone keep their eyes open....I'm a Dark Tower nut and this is the ONLY Gunslinger S/L I've ever seen marked "Special" in 30 years.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Would you happen to have any pictures of this book? Any idea of what that "special" means?

Hope things get sorted out. By any chance, did the customer says anything (even if you didnt ask) about the delay? Did you previously know/sold anything to that person?

My wife now works at customer service for a website that sells second-hand luxury products. She sometimes gets customer that complains months later. She was telling me yesterday that she had a customer that contacted her for orders passed in march and even last october....
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I not exactly the same, but an old boss’ brother owned a few IHOPs. He said it was sadly common for people to eat their entire meal (like plate clean entire meal) and then when the waiter brought the check they’d say the food was terrible and they’re not paying. Some people are just awful.

Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 156 of 192 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 ... LastLast