Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 192 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Email order requested late Sunday 5th Aug. Order delivered to me in UK 10 Aug with usual great packaging.

This man's a machine!
    Man you still need books man? Haha I’m shocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Email order requested late Sunday 5th Aug. Order delivered to me in UK 10 Aug with usual great packaging.

This man's a machine!
    Man you still need books man? Haha I’m shocked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. My first thought was, "What the hell does RT need?" Then I scanned the Betts inventory and couldn't see any "Steve" inscriptions... So, if you feel the desire to disclose, RT, enquiring minds would love to know what's been added to the collection.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    So, if you feel the desire to disclose, RT, enquiring minds would love to know what's been added to the collection.
    It came in a slipcase that David gave me for no extra money. What a guy!

(I also collect trade books inscribed before release date)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

CONFESSION: HANGING HEAD WITH SHAME, as I have slipped quite badly on my response/customer service with some of you:

I am in a bad way here in all honesty….I got (am) WAY behind on emails (some going back to June, SIGH) with the intention that I’d finally find time to go back and answer them, but I keep getting pushed forward with new things. I admit to having filled some orders on more recent mails because it was 1) easy, 2) on the front burner 3) other lame excuses. Mails in "arrears" are in truth JUST as important as recent mails, but some ask for pictures etc. that get more involved and I tell myself that I will "come back" to do it later...My wife tells me CONSTANTLY...later is never better and she is right! Now, people have every RIGHT to ask for pictures of items, but let me tell you it is an involved process. I take pictures on my camera, need to download them to the computer, then resize each one, then attach them to an email response.....not super hard, no, but involved, so some of these requests I leave BOLDED in my inbox as unread and then I do "easier" responses. Totally my bad.

I know I have MANY orders/inquiries for things that I have for whatever reason failed to go back and address. Some of you are among those and for that I apologize. Not a very great way to do business, but it is the truth. Every day that goes past, I keep telling myself, I MUST PUT ALL ELSE ASIDE AND GO ADDRESS THOSE emails but it seems I have failed to do that. Every day, I wake up and tell myself TODAY is the day to start addressing old emails but things happen during my day that distract me etc (like writing this post, rather than addressing old mails!). I also have a gazillion new items to list, some prices to modify etc. and all of it seems to get pushed.

My apologies for my bad business practices of late! I am a human and FAR from perfect, I do have another job 5pm to 2am (and it is the busy season...for 6 weeks, 4x a year it is crazy busy), I try to be both a husband and father BEFORE my other jobs. Oh, I have a multitude of excuses, but I really hate it when I fall behind and don't catch up because it is some of YOU that suffer. I apologize and will make more of a concerted effort to address some of the things I am late on.

Thanks for listening.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    CONFESSION: HANGING HEAD WITH SHAME, as I have slipped quite badly on my response/customer service with some of you:

I am in a bad way here in all honesty….I got (am) WAY behind on emails (some going back to June, SIGH) with the intention that I’d finally find time to go back and answer them, but I keep getting pushed forward with new things. I admit to having filled some orders on more recent mails because it was 1) easy, 2) on the front burner 3) other lame excuses. Mails in "arrears" are in truth JUST as important as recent mails, but some ask for pictures etc. that get more involved and I tell myself that I will "come back" to do it later...My wife tells me CONSTANTLY...later is never better and she is right! Now, people have every RIGHT to ask for pictures of items, but let me tell you it is an involved process. I take pictures on my camera, need to download them to the computer, then resize each one, then attach them to an email response.....not super hard, no, but involved, so some of these requests I leave BOLDED in my inbox as unread and then I do "easier" responses. Totally my bad.

I know I have MANY orders/inquiries for things that I have for whatever reason failed to go back and address. Some of you are among those and for that I apologize. Not a very great way to do business, but it is the truth. Every day that goes past, I keep telling myself, I MUST PUT ALL ELSE ASIDE AND GO ADDRESS THOSE emails but it seems I have failed to do that. Every day, I wake up and tell myself TODAY is the day to start addressing old emails but things happen during my day that distract me etc (like writing this post, rather than addressing old mails!). I also have a gazillion new items to list, some prices to modify etc. and all of it seems to get pushed.

My apologies for my bad business practices of late! I am a human and FAR from perfect, I do have another job 5pm to 2am (and it is the busy season...for 6 weeks, 4x a year it is crazy busy), I try to be both a husband and father BEFORE my other jobs. Oh, I have a multitude of excuses, but I really hate it when I fall behind and don't catch up because it is some of YOU that suffer. I apologize and will make more of a concerted effort to address some of the things I am late on.

Thanks for listening.
    This is precisely why so many deal with you David. You’re a true gent, and we all appreciate your busy schedule, and know that we will get responses/pictures/mail in due course, so take some pressure off yourself sir.

You could have taken the NRB route, and just completely lost it with everyone 😂😂😂
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

No need to fret David. As Andy said, that is why we (I) deal with you. You ALWAYS steer me in the right direction. It must be incredibly hard doing a job and then doing Betts. 5PM to 2AM. When do you sleep man. Don't worry. I don't think anybody has any ill will to you. I know I am guilty of saying just hello to see how you are doing but I try not to do it too often now because I know you are so busy. So just relax, take a deep breath, and know that people have your back here.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the honest update, Mr. David.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi David - you are the best in the business and we are lucky to have you! Paul

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for listening.
    Still sounds like a better customer services than the NBR ;-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

So, if you feel the desire to disclose, RT, enquiring minds would love to know what's been added to the collection.
    Today's purchase off ebay was Wheelan S/L print "Gunslinger on the Beach" for £50, but ebay had a promotion giving £10 off, so I got it for £40. ($51)

I think the original list price was $185. (I think)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Today's purchase off ebay was Wheelan S/L print "Gunslinger on the Beach" for £50, but ebay had a promotion giving £10 off, so I got it for £40. ($51)

I think the original list price was $185. (I think)
    I sell them for Michael and Audrey (though plenty of resales out there too)....I charge $195 each....I pay them a little less but you got a VERY good deal Alan.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still so far behind it is a crime...sorry folks.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still so far behind it is a crime...sorry folks.

-------Misdemeanor charges to be filed.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Free book for everyone!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Kidding of course.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Free book for everyone!
    LOL LOL

Actually, maybe he has an idea, David? perhaps a "Gotta catch up" sale. Incremental discounts for number of editions purchased? Might be good if you're looking to clear some stuff out of inventory. Just a thought. I think I speak for most when I say that you, my friend are worth waiting for so don't get all stressy". We know you're behind for a damn good reason and will right the ship as soon as you are physically able. Hang in there, buddy!!! We got your back (log) LOL LOL!!!

Spoiler:
    See what I did there? Back(log)????? Man, I just crack myself up!!!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Free book for everyone!
    LOL LOL

Actually, maybe he has an idea, David? perhaps a "Gotta catch up" sale. Incremental discounts for number of editions purchased? Might be good if you're looking to clear some stuff out of inventory. Just a thought. I think I speak for most when I say that you, my friend are worth waiting for so don't get all stressy". We know you're behind for a damn good reason and will right the ship as soon as you are physically able. Hang in there, buddy!!! We got your back (log) LOL LOL!!!

Spoiler:
    So ... you're suggesting that David should do something that will result in an avalanche of new emails?

What did David ever do to you?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Free book for everyone!
    LOL LOL

Spoiler:
    So ... you're suggesting that David should do something that will result in an avalanche of new emails?

HBJ
    Well, when you put it that way............................................... .................................................. ......................lol lol lol

Spoiler:
    So, I guess you didn't like my "Back(log) joke? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Chatty

Free book for everyone!
    LOL LOL

Spoiler:

HBJ
    Well, when you put it that way............................................... .................................................. ......................lol lol lol

Spoiler:
    Hey I gave you a rep point for that one! Made me laugh.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Free book for everyone!
    LOL LOL

Spoiler:

HBJ

Spoiler:
    Hey I gave you a rep point for that one! Made me laugh.
    Okay, I saw. Least I gave someone a chuckle!!! lol

Wish there was a way I (or we) could pitch in and lend, David a hand. I know there isn't, but I also know that I sure do owe him a helping hand for all the times he has helped me out!!! Just wish thee was a way to reciprocate is all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My cry and whine.....

I sold on consignment a Gunslinger S/L labeled "Special". Customer bought it for $7500 in June. Guy asked for tracking number. I double boxed, padded, and generated label for Express shipping (my treat). emailed guy the tracking so he knew it was being delivered next day....PO delivered package to guy's door next day at 12:23pm....all good right? WRONG....In middle of August, I get email from my Quickbooks people saying guy is contesting the $7500 charge. Policy states that they take $7500 out of my checking account and then it is up to me to defend myself to try to get my $$ back. I call customer the next day and he says package was stolen from his porch and that he was unaware that they would take $7500 from me. He felt I did nothing wrong and he was trying to get the Post Office to reimburse him but PO said package was delivered as promised (it was, tracking states delivered!). So I had a week to file my rebuttal...I sent in 23 pages of emails/delivery confirmation/the purchase order/the shipping label...everything. Quickbooks sends email thanking me for my input and that my documents would be forwarded to his credit card company. I hear nothing for 2 weeks so I call Quickbooks. They tell me his credit card company has 60 days to respond to my rebuttal...worst case is his bank escalates the rift to credit card corporate and then VISA charges me an additional $500 to get involved. I call the guy again and tell him to NOT contest the charge. He again says sorry, his beef not with me but with Post Office....still nothing....I feel like I have total documented proof I did nothing wrong, but for now I'm still out $7500...not something I can afford to just ignore. it has hurt my ability to pay people etc. But the waiting game appears destined to continue. And right now I am out $7500.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OH god...that sucks! Hope you get the money back!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Ugh, that's awful, David. I hope this all gets resolved so you're not out of pocket.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

<sarcasm> one of the lovely perks of being a small business owner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 192 FirstFirst ... 55 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 165 ... LastLast