Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 192 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hoping the best for you, David!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Still safe and healthy here.... a limiting my "exposure" as much as I can...CERTAINLY less shipping and excursions to the store for "necessities." I think activity here will be even more limited next couple of weeks...For now, my "real" job continues....waiting for Japanese owner to announce earnings (fiscal year ended March 31). If they are going to close up our unit, it will be with earnings announcement I think...so next 2 weeks will have to wait and see.
    Keeping fingers crossed !
    Update needed! What did the earnings report say?
    Nomura MOVED their reporting day to May 8th, so still waiting.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fingers crossed for you. I hope all goes well.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, me too! In last 10 years, I've had two firms shut down, putting me as unemployed...not fun finding a new job....and who is hiring these days other than Walmart and Amazon?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Another random drive by question:
    (But first a little story) I recently bought a signed 1/1 Skeleton Crew and included was the original receipt from Betts when it was a brick and mortar store. Price at the time, $250. I paid a tad more than that. Anyway, it got me wondering what everyone's first purchase was from David when he took over. Just for fun!
    Mine wasn't even a book, it was an IT press kit!

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fun turn of the crank on the way back machine! For my part: a lettered Dark Forces with remarque by Alex McVey.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dolans. A PC copy with the marbled boards. We became good friends cause of that sale. Im thankful. My 40th birthday was spent with David and Whelan... my wife and David's surprise... to date... the best Bday I have ever had
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I don't remember.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I think the first book I bought was my lib version but inscribed Night Shift back in 2010.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I don't remember.
    I've seen you post a receipt from a bookstore from the early 80s - time to open each of your King books until you find a Betts one

My first purchase was not too long ago (2018 or 2019) and it was a beautiful double-signed copy of The Talisman with the cleanest, nicest book block I've ever seen and just a beauty of a jacket. I'll probably even post pictures one day!

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    (But first a little story) I recently bought a signed 1/1 Skeleton Crew and included was the original receipt from Betts when it was a brick and mortar store. Price at the time, $250. I paid a tad more than that. Anyway, it got me wondering what everyone's first purchase was from David when he took over. Just for fun!
    I'm curious about this IT press kit. Do you have a picture? Was it promotional material for the release of the hardback first edition?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    I'm curious about this IT press kit. Do you have a picture? Was it promotional material for the release of the hardback first edition?
    I have one at home. I will send pics if you need them
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent View Post
    I have one at home. I will send pics if you need them
    Thanks a lot Kris. I'd like to find out if it's something I haven't seen before, so pics are very very welcome! Is this the four-page promo pamphlet that was sent to bookstores?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine wasn't King, nor did I pay for it... my parents bought be some signed Gaiman books from his collection. I think my first King item was an Insomnia S/L.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My first was 1/1 Night Shift. Had a bookplate, but it completed my collection of 1/1 ( until my burglary, but I have since reaquired everything)
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Mine looks to be Roman numbered six stories. January 2011. Fun thread. My latest was black magic!

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I show a DTV Grant ARC in early 2010. First book was numbered Dolan's.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Eyes of the Dragon S/L #7, back in 2010.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Dolans. A PC copy with the marbled boards. We became good friends cause of that sale. Im thankful. My 40th birthday was spent with David and Whelan... my wife and David's surprise... to date... the best Bday I have ever had
    Never knew that story, Kris. Wow. I would fear the "never meet your heroes" advice being true but sounds like it was an amazing evening. Were you Nervous about asking "dumb" questions?

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Eyes of the Dragon S/L #7, back in 2010.
    What a great first purchase. Makes me envious that I cannot remember. I want to say it may have been a Buick 8 Gift Edition.

ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The IT special collectors edition paperback back in 1986. I still have it.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember accidentally stumbling over the Betts website - this little, no frills list with rarities I couldn't believe. I thought I had stumbled into the Dark Web. I bought a bunch of proofs...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Never knew that story, Kris. Wow. I would fear the "never meet your heroes" advice being true but sounds like it was an amazing evening. Were you Nervous about asking "dumb" questions?

It was the best birthday of my life. We went out for a family dinner. Everyone was there. It was just a normal bday dinner. I opened my gifts and the last one was from my wife. IT was a little booklet she made me... telling me that we are flying out in 12 hours to NYC. Spending three days seeing New York City which I had never done! I LOVED IT THERE. Then I got to go to David's and spend the day with him showing me all his artwork and every remarque. It was amazing... David's collection is far more vast than many realize. It was HOURS. I then was given a Six Stories S/L while there for a gift from her too. The trip could not get better. I talk to Audrey and Michael often as most of you know BUT TO MEET ONE'S IDOL???? That cannot happen many times in life for people. It happened for me. The next day David picked us up at our hotel. We stopped as I wanted to get flowers for Audrey and Michael loves chocolate so I wanted to bring them something. I was nervous... shaking and well.. scared. Walking into their home was like a museum. It was breathtaking. The home is beautiful and art is EVERYWHERE. I got to see my favorite paintings and Michael toured me his private studio. An honor... is not even how I felt. He told me so many insights and showed me so many things. He has a sketch book from the early 80's when he was asked to do Gunslinger. It is a priceless artifact... he rips a page out of it and gives it to me. Ill never forget it. He also laid out a bunch of DT pieces for me and David to see and we each bought one. He then had us (and my wife) arrange a dozen or more "gremlins" , he calls then' from what we felt was the most to least valuable. That was unreal fun for us. I am sure I am rambling but it was such as amazing time. I also seen a piece on the wall and Michael told me he only kept it cause he wasn't happy with some things about it and wanted to fix it. I loved it.... six months later? Audrey asks if I wanted to buy it becuase Michael wanted me to have it. I will sell my King collection before my Whalens. We asked if we could take them out for supper and we got to! We went to Michaels favorite restaurant. I got to sit with him and drive him crazy with questions. We were on a deck overlooking a lake.. it was so pretty. It was the best trip of my life. The last day David took us to some of his favorite spots, Bett's bookstore (which is a climate controlled storage unit BUT it is packed with stuff and he gave me some cool IT stuff which I still have!) and to a nice beach his family loves, his fav sandwich shop and that day was perfect. We left the next day. I have everything saved from that trip. It makes me happy to think about it and write this even now. DAVID... if you are reading this, thank you again my man. Your a great person and friend and I hope to come back someday and see your family again. Thank you.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Here is my favourite pic from the trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the piece of that sketch book Michael gave me. He told me to hide it cause Audrey hates him giving stuff away so I got David to put it into a Gunslinger he was getting signed to hide it for me. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 192 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 ... LastLast