Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 192 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do not know the collector I am still very new here but I wish him the best.
    Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

His nickname here is Bad Penny. Check his > 100-page collection thread. One of the good guys, for sure!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Bad Penny is the best! I wish him well and wellness, I hope I can help him out by buying something off of the Betts sale, maybe something will be left that I want come next month!

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh ok yes I have looked through Bad Penny's collection many times but obviously not close enough to recognize pieces from his collection. Wow you know it really adds value to a purchase when you have seen the collection that it came from. I did not get the chance to purchase the books I was after unfortunately but would have felt honored to own them even more if I did.
    Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    His nickname here is Bad Penny. Check his > 100-page collection thread. One of the good guys, for sure!
    Totally what Michaël said. He's a great guy and I hope things are OK with him!

We miss you round here, Grant.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

There are some really amazing pieces there that Grant is selling. I hope circumstances change for him that he can get back in the game if he chooses.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's to Penny! He was the first one to really embrace me here on the site. It all started with me selling him some remarques, ones that are now being sold on Bett's. Kinda strange to see. I wish him well.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Here's to Penny! He was the first one to really embrace me here on the site. It all started with me selling him some remarques, ones that are now being sold on Bett's. Kinda strange to see. I wish him well.
    Me too! Him and Ralph. I may be wrong and i may be speaking out of turn and heaven slap me if I am... But I only wish the best for him. He was so into collecting too... He is the reason I got into remarques!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, what a list.

In meetings all damn day and still digesting the list but managed to pick up the Remarqued McVey/Wells IT Gift Edition and the Stutzman Remarqued/King signed Duma Key....

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing list of items. Just emailed David about one of the them.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Lots of good stuff! Happy to pick up the Salem's Gift in Dolso, wishing only the best for Geant!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well...there were some deals that one just couldn't reject. I ordered a couple of items.

To the one that got the Stand S/L:

I hate you. I don't even know who are you, but I hate you anyway.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw two absolutely fantastic Doctor Sleep remarques on the Betts Books inventory that are far more detailed than any other remarque I have seen produced by Glenn Chadbourne...

I don't know if this is the right thread to pose this question, but does anyone know how much it would cost to purchase a remarque like these two to be produced in a book? I have paid between $100 - $200 for colour remarques in the past, but none of them were as detailed as the two above...

I am hoping to have something similar created for my forthcoming CD edition of Carrie. I have paid CD the $150 they were charging for Glenn Chadbourne to remarque the book, but I want to know if I need to pay more for a detailed remarque like the two above or whether it's simply a matter of luck of the draw when receiving remarques from artists?

Sorry if this question has been placed in the wrong thread, but it is kind of Betts Books related...

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I just saw two absolutely fantastic Doctor Sleep remarques on the Betts Books inventory that are far more detailed than any other remarque I have seen produced by Glenn Chadbourne...

I don't know if this is the right thread to pose this question, but does anyone know how much it would cost to purchase a remarque like these two to be produced in a book? I have paid between $100 - $200 for colour remarques in the past, but none of them were as detailed as the two above...

I am hoping to have something similar created for my forthcoming CD edition of Carrie. I have paid CD the $150 they were charging for Glenn Chadbourne to remarque the book, but I want to know if I need to pay more for a detailed remarque like the two above or whether it's simply a matter of luck of the draw when receiving remarques from artists?

Sorry if this question has been placed in the wrong thread, but it is kind of Betts Books related...
    Bad Penny could very well be GLenn Chadbourne's biggest fan and most active patron. In the WORLD.

I don't think you get pieces like that by just emailing dude up and asking what it would cost.

Without the relationship, built by many transactions, developed friendship, and constant patronage, it may be hard to get such a hero piece. But then again maybe not. I don't know Glenn or if he would be willing to go that far for a specific rate. It is my opinion that such a quality piece cant really be bought but in fact was earned. Of course you have the opportunity to buy that piece now and Heck, I'd be looking at it if I hadn't already blown my budget (and then some).

Just my 2c
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

Bad Penny could very well be GLenn Chadbourne's biggest fan and most active patron. In the WORLD.

I don't think you get pieces like that by just emailing dude up and asking what it would cost.

Without the relationship, built by many transactions, developed friendship, and constant patronage, it may be hard to get such a hero piece. But then again maybe not. I don't know Glenn or if he would be willing to go that far for a specific rate. It is my opinion that such a quality piece cant really be bought but in fact was earned. Of course you have the opportunity to buy that piece now and Heck, I'd be looking at it if I hadn't already blown my budget (and then some).

Just my 2c
    Thanks for the quick reply and clarification, Lookwhoitis. It is much appreciated.

A 'hero piece' is a very appropriate description for that artwork, as judging by my rather robust posts defending Glenn's artwork from his critics on this site in the past, he is not only my favourite artist but a personal hero too!!!

I just wish I could forge a special relationship with him like Bad Penny has and earn such awesome pieces!!!

Country
    Country Flag

I still can not figure which listing this art work goes to. and if it sold and for how much
    Looking For
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just wish I could forge a special relationship with him like Bad Penny has and earn such awesome pieces!!!
    Forging a relationship is easy, it just takes time. Buy his work, buy more of his work, try to establish direct contact with the artist (Merlin1958 may be able to help you there if you ask nicely), request to have bespoke artwork done, buy more of his work....

Eventually you may get to the stage as Grant (Bad Penny) did, where he is a prisoner in your house and is only doing artwork for you personally

Hey maybe thats whats happened to Grant!, Glenn has hit him over the head with a typewriter easel and escaped! Bill if you see Glenn, check for a limp
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen of Lud View Post
    I still can not figure which listing this art work goes to. and if it sold and for how much
    I'm guessing it's this one:

A-90 Doctor Sleep S/L "PC" - two page full color montage remarque by Glen Chadborne $750
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nothing against CD, but I don't think you get the best remarques that way. You get fairly generic ones. Remember, that $150 is divided by Glen and CD. Now if the whole $150 were going to Glen, you would get something far superior. Keep in mind that you then need to risk sending him your books. I have forged a fine relationship with Glen and I have gotten wonderful remarques from him. I love that he lets me have some input as well. Tipping him extra from time to time didn't hurt either. He is very approachable. Give it a try.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glenn is great and in saying that Grant paid a fair price for those but if you were to order something like that without the relationship... WOW the price tag would be high.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Saying that I grabbed some cool things. The IT Sewer Grate, The metal Gunslinger and a couple signed... still going over it though!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was in meetings for three hours straight yesterday, so wasn't able to take a look at the list until far too late. By that time, of course, the ones that I would really have been interested in (DT III PC, DT III Dameron Nebula, DT VI Anderson Discordia, DT IV ARC w/McKean signed plates, Duma Key flatsigned w/Stutz remarque, DT III Dameron Jake & Oy) were already gone. Went through the list, had a couple of remarque orgasms, but nothing else jumped out at me that was a whip-out-the-credit-card-I-just-have-to-have-it.

Went through the list a few times throughout the day, just to see if anything changed my mind, but nothing did. Was really hoping photos of all the original art (A282-A313) would be posted! Made mental note to mention (as if you haven't heard it enough times already, David) that it was really distracting trying to jump up and down the page from description to photos, especially with so many items and with some photos and matching description numbers missing ... and of course not knowing what was actually already sold or not ... that with such a large release of items like this the website really would have benefitted from an update to a modern sales layout. I know and completely understand that it's strictly a time and money issue ... but I swear, Betts is literally the only website that I still use (hell, that I even know about!) that is text descritptions and mail the owner for more info and to complete a transaction!

So anyway, I'd given up ... nothing from Grant's collection for me . Was awake until almost 12:30 AM this morning (couldn't sleep, and who can when the entire JAWS series is on the tube? So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb. Love it), and just before turning off the computer and going to bed, checked Betts one more time to see how the sale was going. Scanned the list, scanned the list, orgasm, and then ... it caught my eye. Holy crap, how did I miss that? How did I miss that so many times throughout the day? How did everybody else (who I would expect not to) miss that? No SOLD next to it, but that doesn't mean a lot at 12:30 am (curse you, text-only website!) so I fired off the e-mail to David as fast as I could type.

Woke up at 6 AM, checked e-mail (please be there confirmation, please ...) but nothing. Came to work, checked again ... nothing. Checked Betts ... no SOLD next to it (Argh!), but message at the top "BIG SERVER CHANGE/ISSUES AT MY OVERNIGHT JOB so I have had just 1 hour sleep since Wednesday....VERY LIMITED availability today. Sorry. emails will be tardy. will do what I can but now among the "Walking Dead".

Arghhhhh!!!!!

David, I have an idea that I hope you don't mind me putting forward ... a "gofundme.com" effort to raise the necessary capital to bring the Betts website into the 21st century. Why? Because, quite honestly, I want to be able to get on the website in the first 30 seconds of a big release, read a description, see a photo, click, pay, and know that I got it before Bob or AKC! For me it would be like an investment in building my own collection or upgrading my own website; I'll wager there are a number of people here who feel the same way, having worked with you (and Stu before you) for so long knowing they're getting top quality items at great prices to build fantastic collections. Some may say "It's a business, it's up to David to reinvest and upgrade since it's for his own financial benefit", and while I don't disagree with that I would also say, "Do you know how many times I've wanted something and had to wait because David was on a ski trip and I have no idea if I got that book or not? Arghhhh!" (I say argh a lot). I say it can't hurt to try, and you might even be pleasantly surprised. I'll even donate the first $50. Just an idea!

9:30 am now ... still don't know if I got it or not! (everybody ... ARGHHHH!)
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post

Came to work, checked again ... nothing. Checked Betts ... no SOLD next to it (Argh!), ...
    Hmmm, George...I bought that piece.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I bought it too.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's MINE, I tell you! All mine!

Bwahahahahaha!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 192 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 180 ... LastLast