Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 192 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Thread: Betts Books

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Job is mine. I signed the contract late Friday. I start Monday. Need to train on their systems for a short while. Eventually move to nights...they are now talking 2am-10am...3 days (M-W) in the city and T-F work from home. I'll go with that cause I can still do Betts on a more limited basis but during other people's "normal" business hours.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah!!!

Congratulations!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantstic! Congratulations!

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, David!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Job is mine. I signed the contract late Friday. I start Monday. Need to train on their systems for a short while. Eventually move to nights...they are now talking 2am-10am...3 days (M-W) in the city and T-F work from home. I'll go with that cause I can still do Betts on a more limited basis but during other people's "normal" business hours.
    Great that you have it!
    I did the 2am-11am shift for a year (~1979) working frozen food in a grocery store-the old days, no doors, no covers just 2 cold cold aisles.
    It was tough. I'm sure you will persevere, and fortunately you can do 2 days at home.
    Congrats!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Congratulations, David !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Job is mine. I signed the contract late Friday. I start Monday.
    Do I know what that feels like! Congratulations, David!

sk

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

I am so glad to hear of your good news. It must be a huge load off your shoulder. First day in a new job is like 1st day in school, isn't it?. Knock them dead, David!.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all.

I put a post on the Inventory page of Betts Books trying to explain to people that I will continue to run Betts as best as I can while also holding down another job. Please read it and tell me if my message is clear enough. Thank you.

And thanks again to all of you. YOU are my core customer base, so I know you will understand if it takes me awhile to respond to an email or an extra day to ship out a book. It's nice to know that my customers will support me.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good David

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just out of curiosity: why exactly are you required to work night shifts, David? If you don't mind me asking

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Just out of curiosity: why exactly are you required to work night shifts, David? If you don't mind me asking
    No problem. I am one of two Supervisory Analysts/Editors. There is a day guy and a night guy as there are 13 analysts (3 in China) that will submit reports at any time. I am the night guy to process reports that come in during the night and also to be on hand to process what happens/getspublished surrounding the Morning Meeting and quick notes the analysts put out after one of their company's announces some news.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new job, David! It sounds interesting.

Working two days (nights) from home will be nice too!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, David - I know you'll soon be an asset.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

David, first off, let me say congrats on the new job!

Secondly....dammit you didn't call me If you can, call me tonight, I want to hear all about it!!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!
    A load off of your mind for sure...

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

BETTS FALL SALES SPECTACULAR HAS BEEN LAUNCHED TONIGHT

Highlight: Knowing Darkness S/L WITH Michael Whelan ORIGINAL sketch of a zombie - $750 + S/H. Retailed at $1295

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

PM sent !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! Some of those deals are incredible!
    At the moment there's nothing I'm really interested in, but those prices are

sk

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a pretty large new consignment coming in this weekend. Guy is driving across the country to drop off all of his books...in the tens of thousands of $$. Lots of proofs, some Lettereds, some signed proofs etc. With this new job, it will take me awhile to organize it all and post it, but it's a couple hundered books easy.

Stay tuned

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a pretty large new consignment coming in this weekend. Guy is driving across the country to drop off all of his books...in the tens of thousands of $$. Lots of proofs, some Lettereds, some signed proofs etc. With this new job, it will take me awhile to organize it all and post it, but it's a couple hundered books easy.

Stay tuned
    Sounds interesting

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oohhh noooo.... it's already driving me nuts that I can't just go ahead and buy all of Alan's stuff and now David sneaks in for a full frontal temptation assault!

Oh wel... such is the life of a collector.

Country
    Country Flag

But I'm happy you got yet another consignment deal David.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

that's great news David!! Congrats!! Hey, call me when you are not busy, would love to chat about the new job!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Lots of proofs, some Lettereds, some signed proofs etc.
    Don't bother cataloging the Lettereds. Keep them boxed and send them on to me. I've got tens of thousands, but no books to buy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 192 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast