+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 3794

Thread: Betts Books

Demon of the Prim DoctorZaius is a jewel in the rough DoctorZaius is a jewel in the rough DoctorZaius is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am pissed at myself over all this.

I had a lettered EOTD portfolio that I no longer needed. I had purchased a numbered one and a lettered one when they first went on sale at Suntup. When Paul was kind enough to later match my number to a newly purchased red numbered Philtrum Press edition of EOTD, I decided to let the lettered go. To be honest, I don't collect lettered editions - can't afford them long term. So, I reached out to a couple of dealers, and David ends up buying it for his own collection. I was glad to help a brother out! Then we both hear about the Misery edition, and how having the lettered EOTD will help secure the lettered Misery, I let Paul know that David has my copy. Low and behold David gets his rights to the lettered Misery - I want to emphasize, this is NOT the one he auctioned off on his website. Then I come to find out I could have made a $8000 profit? Ugh! That would have helped with my own collecting habits.

Let me be clear, I hold no ill will to David or Paul. They both provide great services to the collecting community. This is all my own angst. And I know that some of you will think it serves me right for trying to make a profit, but then that's how I have been able to expand my collection over the years. Enjoy your book David!
    WANTED:
    Drawing of the Three #255
    Gunslinger #255
    Charlie the Choo Choo - #255
    Colorado Kid #33 - I have Miller #33, looking to match with the other two

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I am pissed at myself over all this.

I had a lettered EOTD portfolio that I no longer needed. I had purchased a numbered one and a lettered one when they first went on sale at Suntup. When Paul was kind enough to later match my number to a newly purchased red numbered Philtrum Press edition of EOTD, I decided to let the lettered go. To be honest, I don't collect lettered editions - can't afford them long term. So, I reached out to a couple of dealers, and David ends up buying it for his own collection. I was glad to help a brother out! Then we both hear about the Misery edition, and how having the lettered EOTD will help secure the lettered Misery, I let Paul know that David has my copy. Low and behold David gets his rights to the lettered Misery - I want to emphasize, this is NOT the one he auctioned off on his website. Then I come to find out I could have made a $8000 profit? Ugh! That would have helped with my own collecting habits.

Let me be clear, I hold no ill will to David or Paul. They both provide great services to the collecting community. This is all my own angst. And I know that some of you will think it serves me right for trying to make a profit, but then that's how I have been able to expand my collection over the years. Enjoy your book David!
    Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

The Evil Empire!!!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales

My collection thread:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

CONGRATS to my daughter who just picked TEMPLE UNIVERSITY as the college she will attend in the fall.
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Rabid Billybumbler peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral is a splendid one to behold peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats David (and your daughter!) amazing stuff. What will she be studying?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow is a splendid one to behold wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Criminal Justice and Psychology double major
    Captain, Road Prison 36 : What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Criminal Justice and Psychology double major

Congrats to you and daughter!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, David!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    I'll temporarily reserve my congrats to your daughter until she gets that degree, but way to go, girl!!!!
    The Evil Empire!!!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales

My collection thread:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to you (and her), David!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all Lot guy is a name known to all

CONGRATULATIONS that GREAT David!!!!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to you and your daughter, David!!

Citizen of Gilead TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent news, kudos to her and congrats to you!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Manni Folken biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats!!!
    - MichaŽl

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is on a distinguished road

Congratulations!

Demon of the Prim Father Cody is just really nice Father Cody is just really nice Father Cody is just really nice Father Cody is just really nice Father Cody's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats David! Got a long way to go before my kid applies to colleges, but I can imagine how proud Iíll be if (hopefully I mean when) he gets into a good one like your daughter has done!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Manni Folken biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg has much to be proud of biomieg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Congrats David! Got a long way to go before my kid applies to colleges, but I can imagine how proud Iíll be if (hopefully I mean when) he gets into a good one like your daughter has done!
    Same here, my son just turned four
    - MichaŽl

Manni Folken Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats to you guys, David!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Probably be all online by that point.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Demon of the Prim Father Cody is just really nice Father Cody is just really nice Father Cody is just really nice Father Cody is just really nice Father Cody's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats to you guys, David!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Probably be all online by that point.
    And taught by algorithms.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Rabid Billybumbler ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, David. My daughter is in Florida right now on a college tour. She got accepted to 5 schools. She just has to make her choice. Very exciting time.

Citizen of Gilead Hunchback Jack is a jewel in the rough Hunchback Jack is a jewel in the rough Hunchback Jack is a jewel in the rough Hunchback Jack is a jewel in the rough Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congratulations to your daughter, David! That's very impressive. You must be very proud.

Manni Folken zelig has a brilliant future zelig has a brilliant future zelig has a brilliant future zelig has a brilliant future zelig has a brilliant future zelig has a brilliant future zelig has a brilliant future zelig has a brilliant future zelig has a brilliant future zelig has a brilliant future zelig has a brilliant future zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations David!

Demon of the Prim Beverly Marsh is a name known to all Beverly Marsh is a name known to all Beverly Marsh is a name known to all Beverly Marsh is a name known to all Beverly Marsh is a name known to all Beverly Marsh is a name known to all Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

Well done David! Congrats to your family!

Other worlds Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick has much to be proud of Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to you daughter, David. You raised a smart kid!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Funk-y! becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69 has a brilliant future becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Temple is not far from me!
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

Demon of the Prim MikeDuke has a spectacular aura about MikeDuke has a spectacular aura about

My Mood
    Cheerful

That's great David. I will be in more contact later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast