Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 192 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"The Talisman Lettered "K" - 70 copies : lettered, 70 copies? how come?

Loads of lettered. Did MrRabbitTrick grabbed any?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

I grabbed that one. I believe there are only 26 copies but uses the same limitation page as the presentation copies (also signed by all artists) which is limited to 70 copies.

Jon

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am very sad I did not get a chance to buy the Dolso Carrie case...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I doubt it, as he already has one (Talisman lettered).

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm pleased I was able to snag two items off the scrap heap after the major pick-through was completed.

I'm being a bit disingenuous; I got two items I've wanted (one I've really wanted). Even got a 15% discount off one item.

Great deal all around for everyone I think (buyers, seller, Betts). If I ever need to liquidate my collection, this seems like quite the method!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If I ever need to liquidate my collection, this seems like quite the method!
    You've got that right; I've already left instructions with my wife on how to do it in case the proverbial bus decides to target me. Nothing from this sale jumped out at me as a "must have" that was within budget; would like The Dark Man #9 (to go with my other single digit S/Ls) but just can't justify it when I've got a shed to build and $1K worth of trees and bushes that I need to clear this summer. Oh well; everything comes up for sale again, just a matter of when and how much.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    ...would like The Dark Man #9 (to go with my other single digit S/Ls) but just can't justify it when I've got a shed to build and $1K worth of trees and bushes that I need to clear this summer. Oh well; everything comes up for sale again, just a matter of when and how much.
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post

I'm being a bit disingenuous; I got two items I've wanted...
    If you ever get a copy of The Dark Man S/L and want to swap, let me know. I don't care about one particular number over another.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

There's nothing I didn't have already.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats guys! There was a lot I really wanted... think I went for 13 but I was slow... I had a customer and by the time I got off the emails... I was too late. I asked for 13... ended up with 4 I think. I really wanted that IT GE... , the Green Mile S/L, Firestarter, and Danse... to name a few! So congrats to you guys that got them faster than me! haha I am waiting on a final from David... he is looking into something for me for the ones I missed. I will ask you all here though. That other IT GE he has (The one from Erin I REALLY wanted)... it is signed "Amanda" David thinks... I cannot quite tell. Who the hell is that? I would not want it if it wasn't an artist who worked on the book... thoughts? He is asking the seller now if they know... thought someone here might have some insight. He is holding if for me. thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

If you ever get a copy of The Dark Man S/L and want to swap, let me know. I don't care about one particular number over another.
    Thanks. I've already got #186 (my matching number), which is why I really couldn't justify getting #9 as well just because ... admirable restraint on my part, as my former boss would say. I've got my addiction under control, see? See?!!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Congrats guys! There was a lot I really wanted... think I went for 13 but I was slow... I had a customer and by the time I got off the emails... I was too late. I asked for 13... ended up with 4 I think. I really wanted that IT GE... , the Green Mile S/L, Firestarter, and Danse... to name a few! So congrats to you guys that got them faster than me! haha I am waiting on a final from David... he is looking into something for me for the ones I missed. I will ask you all here though. That other IT GE he has (The one from Erin I REALLY wanted)... it is signed "Amanda" David thinks... I cannot quite tell. Who the hell is that? I would not want it if it wasn't an artist who worked on the book... thoughts? He is asking the seller now if they know... thought someone here might have some insight. He is holding if for me. thanks!
    It's by someone who was NOT ON the book - looks to be from ebay seller deanima - they have another signed by Amanda Rachels (same sig as the one at betts) who is apparently a comic artist according to the auction, for sale now - saw these pop up a few times so that's how I knew

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IT-Stephen-K...item2ed19a75b1

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    It's by someone who was NOT ON the book - looks to be from ebay seller deanima - they have another signed by Amanda Rachels (same sig as the one at betts) who is apparently a comic artist according to the auction, for sale now - saw these pop up a few times so that's how I knew

Thanks for the info Kingfan. Very appreciated. I am NOT in for this book and if you ask me.... that book just went down to what the DJ and Slipcase is worth. HAS to be the artist who did the book... don't you agree?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Thanks for the info Kingfan. Very appreciated. I am NOT in for this book and if you ask me.... that book just went down to what the DJ and Slipcase is worth. HAS to be the artist who did the book... don't you agree?
    100 percent agree.

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

How is the desirability affected by a remarque done by someone not involved with the book? It's probably a personal preference but I was thinking about this with the Chadbourne remarques on the new CD Doubleday Years series. Yes, he is doing the art for the signature pages but that's a rather minor contribution as an artist to say that he's the artist on the book. I would think that a remarque done by the main art contributor would be more desirable. With Tomislav being in Croatia, that probably isn't very feasible to do them.

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    How is the desirability affected by a remarque done by someone not involved with the book? It's probably a personal preference but I was thinking about this with the Chadbourne remarques on the new CD Doubleday Years series. Yes, he is doing the art for the signature pages but that's a rather minor contribution as an artist to say that he's the artist on the book. I would think that a remarque done by the main art contributor would be more desirable. With Tomislav being in Croatia, that probably isn't very feasible to do them.
    Because the person has literally nothing to do with a book. That's like me remarquing secretary of dreams and trying to sell it for more than its worth. I had nothing to do with the project, no relation to king, etc. basically the value is not increased from my personal art.

Gunslinger Apprentice MandaBunny will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

It seems like a lot of people have artist remarques that aren't involved in a book. Looking at skcollector's remarques section, there's a lot of Chadbourne remarques for books like Firestarter, Cujo, The Stand, etc. So for those that do get a remarque of this nature, what makes the mishmash of unrelated artists and books desirable?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBunny View Post
    It seems like a lot of people have artist remarques that aren't involved in a book. Looking at skcollector's remarques section, there's a lot of Chadbourne remarques for books like Firestarter, Cujo, The Stand, etc. So for those that do get a remarque of this nature, what makes the mishmash of unrelated artists and books desirable?
    If the artist had NOTHING to do with the S/L of GE edition of the book and draws in it? Sorry... worthless. Send your books to me and I will doodle in them for a hundy a pop no problem. It is as bad as someone who owned the book in the past drawing in it. This may not be the case with everyone here... but I bet it is the majority. Some people do not want ANY writing in the books. THE ONLY writing I would allow are the signatures, number/letter, and a remarque (original art in my eyes) by the or one of the artists who worked on it. That is it...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's all a matter of taste. If someone's child scribbles in a "Valuable" book and the owner is thrilled, great. It does however limit your price potential if they ever tied to sell the book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's all a matter of taste. If someone's child scribbles in a "Valuable" book and the owner is thrilled, great. It does however limit your price potential if they ever tied to sell the book.
    If one of my kids did that... Adoption. Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If one of my kids did that... Adoption. Lol
    Lol. My baby's 5 months old. She likes to look at my books (on the shelf) Think she likes the bright colours. Looking will be as close as she gets until she's around 30 (years not months)

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey guys .. Yeah, I'm still around, although, unfortunately, as happens from time to time, life bites one on the arse and adjustments need to be made to accommodate a change in circumstances (hence me not being on the boards anywhere as often as I'd like in recent months)

Hopefully, things will turn around in the future and I can get back to what I love - collecting, posting and sharing with you guys.

As to the recent sale of some of my collection through David, a couple of things, if I may

1) the sale isn't motivated by any collectors burn out. When all is said and done (or sold and done, as is the case in point with the items David has listed) and given that the arse bite referred to above resolves itself positively (nah, I'm not selling because my cat needs a vasectomy, so the pity factor is negligible) I'll continue to add to the collection, albeit from a different angle (which is why there isn't a preponderance of remarques, art of Dolso cases up for grabs - some are, yes, however; these are mostly mass produced remarques al la FDNS or where I have multiple items that are pretty much a common theme) and recommence participating here on the forum in a normal capacity.

2) There will be another listing on Betts at some point in the near future (the current consignment represents maybe 50% of those items earmarked for .... redistribution ... ... so stay tuned on that one). There's also a whole bunch of stuff that isn't listed, and probably won't be, as they're outside David's focus at Betts. Whilst a significant percentage of this stuff relates to Koontz, Lee and Ketchum Limited Edition for which I've yet to find a market, there's also also a bunch of King related ephemera. Basically, if there's an interest in a particular item that I've posted on my thread over the past couple of years (and it isn't a King 1st, Limited, Lettered or other item that would normally be found at Betts) feel free to drop me a PM.

3) I see that several of the guys here will be recipients of some of my former prizes which is nothing short of fantastic, as I know that, for the most part, these will become treasured parts of their collections. For those that were able to grab a prize for their collection, congratz (and thanks) !!!! For anyone thinking of grabbing an item from what remains (as well as those that have already had their name inked on the dotted line pending shipping from Australia mid next week) if you've any questions about an item, please feel free to PM me for information, pix, etc. Because many of these items are going to people that I consider to be friends, I want to ensure that any given transaction results in a happy acquisition.

4) Amanda / Remarques ... Yep, I tend to agree with the point of view that a remarque in a book only has dollar value if the remarque is done by an artist associated with the book, however; honestly, when I acquire a remarqued item, I've always gone for the intrinsic appeal it had to me as a collector rather than what I could sell it for at some future point. The Amanda's, admittedly, will not appeal to many collectors (I still have one in the collection, although this copy has appeal as it's flat signed by King, which is rare for the 25th anniversary edition).

Anyway, that's about it (except to thank those guys that have reached out in recent times - your thoughts have been appreciated)
    We all float down here!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Grant! Nice sale man! I don't think anyone guessed it was you...
    Good to hear everything's ok.

"After a while, crocodile. Don't forget to write..."
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Hey Grant!!!! We thought it was you and speaking for myself... I was sad to think you may not return. Your positivity and remarques quite frankly meant a lot to me and you have given me a bug that is a constant itch. I want more remarques!!! Working on getting a IT GE with one as you know from the earlier thread lol I was too slow to grab that Erin one. So thanks... And do not be a stranger mate!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Grant! It really bothered me that you disappeared. Sorry about the circumstance that caused the arse kicking, but glad to still have you around to make your funny, but genuine, comments.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Thanks, Grant! It really bothered me that you disappeared. Sorry about the circumstance that caused the arse kicking, but glad to still have you around to make your funny, but genuine, comments.
    Just the way I feel too, Grant. Please stop by regularly!

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 192 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast