Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 192 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

"Preachy"

Well he IS Father Callaghan!

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

David is a MARVELLOUS father with high good healthy values to follow up. Reading for my grandchild is done on a daily basis which explains his pretty developing intelligence.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I did much the same as what David recommends when my kids were growing up (they are now 44 and 43). My daughter loves to read. My son (the younger of the two) wouldn't be caught dead with a book. A lot depends on the kid.

John

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

"Preaching" to the choir here. I am a high school English teacher/Drama instructor and have been reading to my daughters since they were in the womb, and I will continue to do so as long as they will let me. Things really kicked into gear with the Magic Tree House series, all 50 of them! Eventually reading those morphed in a dual reading, where I would take on the male roles and the girls would read the girl/female roles. The rule of our house is if you want to see the movie, then we read the book first. Read all seven Harry Potter books them (so many voices to create), the Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit were some of our recents. Now they are off an running in different directions. One loves fantasy and is immersed in the both Percy Jackson series, while the other is more of a nature lover and she reads the Seekers series about bears. They are voracious readers! The best thing we did was buy Kindle fires for both of them. Who knows, maybe in 10 years time one of them may make their way here - one can only hope.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

David kindly let me do a layaway deal for The Green Mile S/L #15. It's the last "biggie" on my want list and will be with me in the new year.

Thanks David! 8)

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    David kindly let me do a layaway deal for The Green Mile S/L #15. It's the last "biggie" on my want list and will be with me in the new year.

Thanks David! 8)

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was going to try for that GREEN MILE, but couldn't quite afford it, so I opted to make payments on a less expensive book instead. I'm glad it's going to good hands!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post

Thanks David! 8)
    Brilliant news Alan - congratulations mate, it's an awesome set of books
    We all float down here!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys. I'm excited

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Before I annoy David, I thought I'd annoy you lot instead

Has anyone Pre-ordered Doctor Sleep and/or The Shining gift editions through Betts heard from him as to when he will require payment etc? I'm assuming he won't know what shipping is until he has them, but curious if he has been in touch with anyone yet. (I'm not expecting an email, just wondering what the norm is for Pre-ordes through Betts)

Thank you

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

David probably won't require payment until he has the books in hand. This is the way he's always been.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyface View Post

Has anyone Pre-ordered Doctor Sleep and/or The Shining gift editions through Betts heard from him as to when he will require payment etc? I'm assuming he won't know what shipping is until he has them, but curious if he has been in touch with anyone yet. (I'm not expecting an email, just wondering what the norm is for Pre-ordes through Betts)

Thank you

I paid him in advance, which is my preferred method, so that I could do installments. I have been looking to Sub Press more for updates as, David will be getting them maybe only a little earlier than everyone else from them. At least, that's MHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Contact David if you need a signed copy of dr sleep

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

EARLY BIRD BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS

56 Early Bird Black Friday Specials just posted at Betts!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you guys think that David would allow me to do a lay away with like $300 down on the Lettered IT he has for sale??
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Do you guys think that David would allow me to do a lay away with like $300 down on the Lettered IT he has for sale??
    More than likely. Especially if it is the one he owns outright.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    More than likely. Especially if it is the one he owns outright.
    He does... It is in his collection. I have bought off him before and quite like him but I want that book.... haha I just cannot afford it before Xmas... hate to ask him that and put him in a position if he is not into that...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Im not going to look.
    I know Ill see over a dozen things I want (at great prices) but holy crap this year has been PRICEY.
    Nope - not going to look.
    Not going to do it.
    I swear Im not..

OK maybe just a peek... (I have no willpower whatsoever)
    reality continues to ruin my life

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Im not going to look.
    I know Ill see over a dozen things I want (at great prices) but holy crap this year has been PRICEY.
    Not going to do it.
    I swear Im not..

It's a sickness. I tried not to look either. Now I'm trying to tell myself not to buy. I don't know if I can do it. If only I hadn't totaled what I already spent for the year!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Im not going to look.
    Not going to do it.
    I swear Im not..

It's a sickness. I tried not to look either. Now I'm trying to tell myself not to buy. I don't know if I can do it. If only I hadn't totaled what I already spent for the year!
    Yes well as far as what Ive already spent this year:
    "Im not going to look.
    Not going to do it..."

If I do Ill cry but will still keep buying - just more guiltily
    reality continues to ruin my life

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post

Thank you
    Takes quite a lot to annoy me...lol...I just got email that my copies have shipped today from CD...I should get them in a couple days. I will then be contacting people for payment and let them know what shipping is.

You all are making out like bandits as I took preorders at $95...books selling at $150 in secondary market...Congrats your investment has gone up by 50% even before you receive your book!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

IT Lettered was sold to another member here

Country
    Country Flag

this is a F@#)^*%^()* disease! I have spent over 9 grand in the last 2 months... I am currently THIS CLOSE to being cut off by the wife. I cannot hellllllllllllllllllllllp it. So many I want!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wholeheartedly agree....this has been quite a year for King limiteds etc. The amount of $$ I have spent on my own personal collection makes me shudder....a delicious shudder mind you, but holy crap people, I understand that many of you ponied up big dollars with various publishers for King books this year, leaving you little if any fire power to buy other things. So those of you who have been loyal Betts customers in the past...no worries people....I'll still be here and I do not begrudge ANY of you the fact that you got books at list price from publishers...THAT'S WHAT ALL OF US TRY TO DO. Am happy for those of you who succeeded...For those who did not, I always try to offer books at fair prices.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

this is a F@#)^*%^()* disease! I have spent over 9 grand in the last 2 months... I am currently THIS CLOSE to being cut off by the wife. I cannot hellllllllllllllllllllllp it. So many I want!
    LMFAO....When I started collecting King (personally) many many years ago, I did it from work and had books shipped to my office where I spent 14 hours a day so I could look at them...I thought I'd stay fairly small, but collecting is indeed a slippery slope and before I knew it, I had sunk quite a few dollars into my "addiction." Then it took me a long time to admit to my wife what I had been doing...not a conversation or situation I ever want to repeat, let me tell you...all worked out in the end, but I know the furrowed brow look from my wife pretty damned well!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 192 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 165 ... LastLast