Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jericho Hill - who betrayed the gunslingers? *spoilers*

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    i just read this scene tonite. & maybe Roland said he played the betrayer cuz him & Cuthbert killed Alain. even though it wasn't on purpose you understand. i also am curious who was the one who betrayed them. i don't think it was sheemie either. intentional or not. the guy isn't as dumb as people think he is.
    He has his moments certainly. As I said above, I know who it was, (if you count the comics),
    Spoiler:
    and Sheemie had his part to play in those events. (I'm not saying he was the betrayer though.)

i never thought of him as perfect either. i am curious how old the Roland & Alain & Cuthert actually were when they were killed on Jerico Hill. it really didn't say.
    I think they were in their early twenties.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

who was it though ? i mean at some point i'll prolly buy the comics anyways. the DT books are kinda like the Buffy Comics. season 8 or Season 9 when it comes to buffy i mean., a LOT of people don't consider them as part of the show. & others do. i think that pretty much goes the same way for the comics for the DT series. this is of course me just guessing. but you see my point i'm trying to make i'm sure. well i hope.

& i guess it's a good thing that iF Jerico Hill happen when they were in their 20's. at least it happend when they were out of their teens.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

In "Battle of Jericho Hill"
    Spoiler:
    Farson captures the wife and son of a gunslinger named Randolph. He then forces Randolph to betray the other gunslingers, in order to save his sons life.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

thankee sai. this was in the comic's right? it's actually pretty damn good that it wasn't any of Roland's doing or his Ka-Tet. or his family either. or theirs. well it's a relief i meant to say. was this dude mentioned in the series? outside of the comic's i can't remember to be honest.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it was in the comics. I don't remember hearing anything about him in the novels, don't even know his last name.
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i think it would be interesting if Sai King wrote another series of DT books. in comic book form anyways. since the novels wouldn't make sense to write them again. & by the time the series ends. maybe Roland well you know how the series ends. i think that would be interesting if they did that in comic book form.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

let me further add what i mean. he will have the horn of eld. i wasn't sure if that needed a spoiler tag or not to be honest. well at the start of issue #1.

so it will be a continuation of the original series. what do you guys & gals think?

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I am not mistaken, it says ten years after Mejis somewhere in the novels. That would make them around 25.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i dunno you maybe right. wasn't the fall of Gilead when Roland was 18? at least in the original version i think that was what was said?

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland was 14 in W&G, and at the end of his long night of story, he tells his little katet that the work they did in Majis only delayed the eventual fall of Gilead by 20 months. That would put Roland at 16 or 17 at the fall.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

so from 17 to middle age roland was in the desert chasing after the man in black
    i never realized he'd been at it so long
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

According to Robin Furth's Concordance, Cuthbert and Roland were 24 years old during the Battle of Jerico

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    so from 17 to middle age roland was in the desert chasing after the man in black
    i never realized he'd been at it so long
    Roland's world isn't all desert.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2