Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Discordia: The Dark Tower Game

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Ford Ka is generally regarded here (UK), as a car for gays...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Hey, welcome to the site!

Ford Ka - is that a car?
    Actually, I think Ari just bought a Ka car not too long ago.
    That's what I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    So, "Ka" actually is more than just a wheel..it's four of them!
    Exactly!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here it's one of the most common cars you see in the street. Cheap, doesn't consume too much gas, and easy to repair.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like I said in another thread, I'm really surprised this USA Today revelation flew under the radar for half a year. Amazing! And it's such humongous news.

Traveler Vespalad is on a distinguished road

This is indeed exciting.

Spoiler:
    When I finished book 7 I kind of felt King was setting up the opportunity for more DT books. After all, Roland had the horn, so everything that lay in front of him from that point would be different than what we had already read.

Gunslinger Apprentice lowdown is on a distinguished road lowdown's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vespalad View Post
    This is indeed exciting.

Spoiler:
    When I finished book 7 I kind of felt King was setting up the opportunity for more DT books. After all, Roland had the horn, so everything that lay in front of him from that point would be different than what we had already read.
    my hopes but sill I believe it when i see it

I'm nonviolent with those who are nonviolent with me. But when you drop that violence on me, then you've made me go INSANE, and I'm not responsible for what I do

Malcolm X

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think their is room for more, and I hope I'm not just getting my hopes up for this to be released, only to have an interactive website be announced.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Wow, I can't believe I almost didn't mention that article assuming it was old news...I joined in June so I wasn't sure what I'd missed here. It was really buried though, I don't even remember exactly how I found it, so I can see why nobody ever ran across it.

I'm definitely not expecting a release in November - an announcement, however...let's hope!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Ms. Mod's latest comments I'm getting the feeling we're talking about the interactive DT blah-thing.

It will be a feast for your eyes.
    I'm just excited (and a little nervous) about it after having been involved with the production end for the past 10 months or so and am hoping that all of you will be equally excited.
    But I don't think this negates what King told USA Today about continuing the DT series.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    From Ms. Mod's latest comments I'm getting the feeling we're talking about the interactive DT blah-thing.

I'm just excited (and a little nervous) about it after having been involved with the production end for the past 10 months or so and am hoping that all of you will be equally excited.
    But I don't think this negates what King told USA Today about continuing the DT series.
    It doesn't negate the interview at all. It's just another cool Dark Tower thing coming. I'm really looking forward to the Dark Tower Interactive Experience.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ms Mod also posted this:

And yet another exciting project that we should be announcing somewhere around the middle of this month.
    and

It's something he's never done before!!
    John

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Ms Mod also posted this:

And yet another exciting project that we should be announcing somewhere around the middle of this month.
    and

John
    *HEAD EXPLODES KILLING EVERYONE IN A FIFTY FOOT RADIUS*
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yesst another hint from Ms Mod:

She's really enjoying this!

John

Yesst another hint from Ms Mod:

She's really enjoying this!

John
    Check Pablo's post above

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Ms Mod also posted this:

and

John
    He has never done before? Maybe he is making an interview with Roland.

Roland would have understood.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just found out about this yesterday from Liljas's site. That's what I get for sticking mainly to the Comics and (occasionally) book discussion.

Reading everything I doubt it will be a new book, although I hope there is one in future if dealt with in the right way. I'm not sure it should be set 'after' book 7
    Spoiler:
    considering the way it ended. Actually, part of me would love a continuation, even if only a small portion of that life, but in other ways it seems perfect as is, if that makes sense. A chapter within the journey maybe without revealing Roland's final fate, maybe? I'd prefer that be kept ambiguous.

'Feast for their eyes' certainly suggests web content. However that 'ka is a wheel' also suggests some kind of continuation. Would an interactive 'fact-file' constitute that (if that's what the content will be)? I hope it's more than just an exposure of fact we already know in an interesting way though... although I'll certainly peruse it.

All good news though.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, wow, can you imagine a DT themed MMOG?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

MMOG???

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    MMOG???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massive...er_online_game

if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Imagine finding a freestanding door on a beach...

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

gods, they don't even have to make it based on the direct actions of rolands ka tet, an MMOG where you get to be a mani or a gunslinger or dark wizard or breaker, etc and form your own ka-tet and travel the multiverse makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I would be totally thrilled with a Dark Tower themed MMOG... gosh, the possibilties are endless.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

wow. IDK how to feel. Many thanks to ola, fro bringing something to our collective attention. I can't believe it went unknown by us for so long, but I guess people were busy.

In my mind, the only way I think it could be great would be a HIA style short story/novella collection playing six degrees of separation with our favorite ka-tet and friends.

TBH, I am kinda weirded out by this and don't know how to feel.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

'til the end of the world rosie real is on a distinguished road rosie real's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

a game - meh. i don't really play them so. . . .

a new dark tower novel? i have to say this would hurt. it's over. he said it himself. i wrapped my head around it. cried with everyone. mourned everyone. said my goodbyes. i don't think i could read another dark tower novel. it would seem like a cheat somehow.

i mean, i hate to play the annie wilkes card here but. . . . anyone remember the old serial shorts she was bitching about in misery? and how it always pissed her off that the hero got out of the jam in the next week's reel somehow even though that wasn't how the previous week's reel had ended?

. . . but i'm paralyzed with not caring very much.
    ~ spike

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Ms Mod also posted this:

and

John
    interview with a gunslinger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast