Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Discordia: The Dark Tower Game

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Honestly though, I doubt it's going to be anything like that. They're supposed to be having a interactive Dark Tower experience sometime this year or next and I'm thinking this might be reference to that. But why "Ka is a Wheel"? That's still got me mystified.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw the link from Lija's so I came here to see if there was a thread. Cool to see that CK started it.

I am very interested in finding out about this...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well well well, is THAT what it takes to bring you out of the woodwork?

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

"Anyone want to talk Dark Tower? No? " What?? Do you think this is a Dark Tower message board or something??
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

This from Ms. Mod on the SK Message Board about this topic - " Keep watching. There should be another teaser out in mid-October. "

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....okaaaaaaaaay. Now I'm REALLY interested!

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I think it means SK is planning to write 7 more books about Roland and his ka-tet.

Spoiler:
    Letti, stop dreaming please.
    Spoiler:
    Awwww you started me dreaming!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    This from Ms. Mod on the SK Message Board about this topic - " Keep watching. There should be another teaser out in mid-October. "

Awesome!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly though, I doubt it's going to be anything like that. They're supposed to be having a interactive Dark Tower experience sometime this year or next and I'm thinking this might be reference to that. But why "Ka is a Wheel"? That's still got me mystified.
    Now that you mention it, I am pretty sure that last summer a dark tower interactive game or something like this was mentionned in a newsletter from the official website in which they were mentionning the new website (?) as well as the "office"

but i may be confused
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, you are not.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Great. Many DT junkies (me the first one) will get a heart-attack during the tease but I hope they won't stop.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

It's got to be the interactive game.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What was the codename mentionned in the newsletter? (i dont find it on the archive of sk.com)
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not too enthused about a game, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Not too enthused about a game, to be honest.
    From what I understand the whole site is going to changed to be a virtual experience thing. It's not necessarily going to be a game exactly.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Was just catching up on threads and this is freaking me out!

I have a while yet to hope that it's a whole new Dark Tower book...I saw an article where King said that he's planning another one, but that was from March so it's probably been discussed plenty here. And that's the only place I've seen that info so far, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    Was just catching up on threads and this is freaking me out!

I have a while yet to hope that it's a whole new Dark Tower book...I saw an article where King said that he's planning another one, but that was from March so it's probably been discussed plenty here. And that's the only place I've seen that info so far, anyway.
    I have not heard of this. If you could find a link to this article that would be great. I wouldn't get your hopes up about a new book, but the most likely thing is the Dark Tower Interactive Experience that we've been talking about.

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

I wouldn't get your hopes up about a new book, but the most likely thing is the Dark Tower Interactive Experience that we've been talking about.
    Yeah, I know... :/

It was this: http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_new...n-king-no.html
    I think it's a USA Today supplement blog (?)

When we were chatting about his upcoming book Under the Dome, a novel with political subtext out in November, King said he had recently had an idea for a short story. “And then I thought, ‘Well, why don’t I find three more like this and do a book that would be almost like modern fairy tales?’ Then this thing started to add on bits and pieces so I guess it will be a novel.” That idea, according to King, is for a new Dark Tower novel, a continuation of his epic seven-part fantasy/sci-fi/Western series about a lone gunslinger named Roland and his ongoing hunt for the Man in Black. “It’s not really done yet,” King admits of his magnum opus. “Those seven books are really sections of one long uber-novel.”

Traveler gun63 is on a distinguished road gun63's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

is that Roland in the new drawing or could that be Flagg ?

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Another DT story

EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll believe it when I see it. I guess I'm just a pessamist!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

These is no way a second book will be released in November. But maybe they are announcing a new one - if I'm correct, we don't know what the next release from SK will be.

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up about a new book, but the most likely thing is the Dark Tower Interactive Experience that we've been talking about.
    Yeah, I know... :/

It was this: http://blogs.usaweekend.com/whos_new...n-king-no.html
    I think it's a USA Today supplement blog (?)

When we were chatting about his upcoming book Under the Dome, a novel with political subtext out in November, King said he had recently had an idea for a short story. “And then I thought, ‘Well, why don’t I find three more like this and do a book that would be almost like modern fairy tales?’ Then this thing started to add on bits and pieces so I guess it will be a novel.” That idea, according to King, is for a new Dark Tower novel, a continuation of his epic seven-part fantasy/sci-fi/Western series about a lone gunslinger named Roland and his ongoing hunt for the Man in Black. “It’s not really done yet,” King admits of his magnum opus. “Those seven books are really sections of one long uber-novel.”
    This has blown my mind. Thanks so much for sharing, I can't believe I didn't know about this until now! I doubt November will be about the new DT book though. It's still all exciting.

Traveler gun63 is on a distinguished road gun63's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At least its something i guess . Maybe the comic series rekindled the fire for King. I certainly hope so cause i miss the slinger.

Who knows? Maybe it won't be directly about Roland? Or maybe it will, and this will be the novelization of the prequel comic series that he was thinking of doing. Doesn't sound like it from the interview though. Sounds like it might be a closely related story taking place in Mid-World.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast