Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Discordia: The Dark Tower Game

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I just noticed on the news section of Stephen King's Dark tower site (Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere):

Discordia Chapter II in Development
    Posted on: 9.22.10

The much anticipated second chapter of Discordia is currently in development and is scheduled for release in Q2 of 2011. Robin Furth and the team that produced the original browser-based adventure return with an explosive sequel that will both shock and awe the constant reader. Be prepared for anything... "and drop anything that moves."

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Okay, I just noticed on the news section of Stephen King's Dark tower site (Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere):

Discordia Chapter II in Development
    Posted on: 9.22.10

The much anticipated second chapter of Discordia is currently in development and is scheduled for release in Q2 of 2011. Robin Furth and the team that produced the original browser-based adventure return with an explosive sequel that will both shock and awe the constant reader. Be prepared for anything... "and drop anything that moves."
    Oh, cool beans !! Awesome !!! And... looks like we're gonna get to shoot some stuff !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Traveler corey7sl is on a distinguished road

Ok so I'm very behind but I just started Discordia today....I guess I'm going to have to play catch up.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally!!
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Traveler aria is on a distinguished road

I can't find one of the orbs...I'm guessing it's Eddie's. Anyone know where it is???

Traveler SweetLeaf is on a distinguished road

Been awhile since I posted on these forums, but I recently read about Part 2 of Discordia being in development and it reminded me of posting on here and getting extremely excited for the first one, haha! Can't wait for Part 2!

Traveler XIXubiqueLX is on a distinguished road XIXubiqueLX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ahem!it is the 3rd Quarter already -. Must be getting close. Cannot wait, but i suppose i am gonna havta.

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm so excited by that!! I remember being on here when it first came out and the buzz was massive (and this thread was busssssssssssy! lol)
    I'm a bit dissapointed that it's taken this long for a 2nd version to come out though, but I have no doubt that it will live upto the hype of the first one

Gunslinger Apprentice JameseyLefebure is on a distinguished road JameseyLefebure's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW I was the last person to post in here!!

And the bloody game *still* hasn't come out!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's in the works. I've spoken with Brian about it at great length. Prepare to be dazzled by the direction they're taking!

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is there any kind of "walkthrough" for Discordia? In these types of games, I enjoy the experience, but hate the endless, pointless searching.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Is there any kind of "walkthrough" for Discordia? In these types of games, I enjoy the experience, but hate the endless, pointless searching.
    I've enjoyed watching many games that I couldn't beat... Myst comes to mind.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, there is no walk through though some of us might be able to help should you get stuck.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, I guess I'll have to do my best and search here, and then I'll ask if I need to.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like a plan. I (along with a couple other members) helped a little playtesting it (more like we got to play a little and they added our names to the credits). I'm not sure what I remember, but if I can help I'll be happy to.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I've enjoyed watching many games that I couldn't beat... Myst comes to mind.
    Oh yes. Myst is a classic in the genre of "how the **** do I beat this?", beaten only by Riven. Love both those games, but Riven especially for being thrown into a civilization that has been given so much detail, you have to work out what the numbering system is.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Traveler curt1521 is on a distinguished road

Has any heard any update on this? SK.com says early 2013. Hopefully it doesn't keep getting pushed back.

I pretty much gave up on the movie, so I'm looking forward this this.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I interviewed Brian Stark at length about the next phase in The Dark Tower Companion -- it should be really, really, cool.

Traveler curt1521 is on a distinguished road

Did he have an estimated release date?

Back then it was late 2012, but now it's in early 2013. They are working on it, but other things get in the way, too.

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Still nothing on this?

Hopefully when Chapter 2 is released (if ever, I'm starting to have my doubts), it will be waaaaaaaay longer than Chapter 1 was.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower is just begging for an officially licensed high quality pencil-and-paper RPG.

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Discordia is back, with new content: http://stephenking.com/news_archive/article604.html
    Awesome, it's about time. But of course, I find out about this a few days AFTER my computer went to an early grave, and I can't get the game to do squat on my iPad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast