Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Discordia: The Dark Tower Game

Gunslinger Apprentice Can-Tina is on a distinguished road Can-Tina's Avatar

You hate waiting right? Not the video? Lets hope. That video represents 6 weeks of my life and hundreds of hours of render time.

I hope that's not lost on you guys. The content in that 30 second video would take dozens of years to render on your home computer. (If not more. )

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Can-Tina View Post
    Hey everyone. Here's a teaser video for you to check out while we finish up Discordia.

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/discordia_prev2/

We'll probably leak some more content later this week.
    That was really cool! Wonderful detail!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Video is fab!

Traveler Melizerd is on a distinguished road

You hate waiting right? Not the video? Lets hope. That video represents 6 weeks of my life and hundreds of hours of render time.

I hope that's not lost on you guys. The content in that 30 second video would take dozens of years to render on your home computer. (If not more. )
    Well I hate that there's not MORE RIGHT NOW!!! (Yes I hate waiting). I know it's going to be so cool. I was amazed to see that in front of my eyes when it's been in my head a very long time.

Traveler johnny39 is on a distinguished road

The Dixie Pig looks awesome.

Looking forward to the final product.

Traveler SweetLeaf is on a distinguished road

Video looks awesome Can-Tina!!

I see what you mean by it would take dozens of years to render that on a home computer, the detail is f*ckin' crazy!

Is a lot of the stuff that we see in 'Discordia' going to be looking like this, or is there going to be more of the e-mail/pictures collage type things we saw in the first video?

Also, I don't know if anyone has posted any theories about this or anything but after watching both trailers more closely than before I've come up with a little theory.

Spoiler:
    On the main splash we know it says UR OP 19 which means 'You are Op19'. Well in the first video on of the e-mails says that it's from Op13, so my guess is that you're an 'operative' for the Tet Corporation. Also seeing as you are Op19, with 19 being an obviously important number (I'm guessing there's only 19 operatives), you are going to be the one who sabotages/brings down Sombra.

Let me know what you think.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That teaser is awesome !!!!!! Nice work

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Brian !!

That is totally awesome, man !!!

Countdown ... ONE WEEK ...

Sincerely, thanks for sharing. That looks outstanding!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLeaf View Post
    Video looks awesome Can-Tina!!

I see what you mean by it would take dozens of years to render that on a home computer, the detail is f*ckin' crazy!

Is a lot of the stuff that we see in 'Discordia' going to be looking like this, or is there going to be more of the e-mail/pictures collage type things we saw in the first video?
    Thank you.

One of the big influences that we did not mention in this thread. (going back a month or so) was "Highlights Magazine." (Of all things.) Some of you will have no idea what I'm referring to, but this is a children's magazine that has been around forever in the states. Each month they feature a highly detailed image with hidden items in the art. My point is yes, Discordia is loaded with these types of videos and 3d content. Its all about the little details. You can even go back to the books and find the parts that refer to the areas we have built and compare the two. We followed every last detail over multiple timelines to distill the Pig to its final state. We only had to take creative license when it came to lighting and some areas that Stephan did not describe. - But are needed for authenticity in a 3D world.

The credits are simply that. Credits.

Spoiler:
    So look closely and you might even see our friend Callahan's orb.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLeaf View Post
    Spoiler:
    On the main splash we know it says UR OP 19 which means 'You are Op19'. Well in the first video on of the e-mails says that it's from Op13, so my guess is that you're an 'operative' for the Tet Corporation. Also seeing as you are Op19, with 19 being an obviously important number (I'm guessing there's only 19 operatives), you are going to be the one who sabotages/brings down Sombra.
    There are over 100 Ops internationally. The credits refer to Ops in the hacker portion that I believe is #123.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Too bad you can't be a Sombra Operative. That would be an interesting perspective to play from.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Traveler SweetLeaf is on a distinguished road

That's really awesome that 'Highlights Magazine' was one of the inspirations behind this, I used to absolutely love those magazines when I was a young kid!

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

The Dixie Pig teaser looks awesome, I'm appreciating the detail and care that went into this already. Can't wait to try it, too bad it releases during finals week grrrr!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

What???? They don't reschedule finals for new DT stuff? Bastards!

THe new trailer is just amazing.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Totally off topic. Did anyone see that the new release date adds up to 19! How strange is that? Someone on SK.com pointed that out late yesterday.

We did *not* plan that. It just happened.

-B

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally off topic. Did anyone see that the new release date adds up to 19! How strange is that? Someone on SK.com pointed that out late yesterday.

-B
    Apparently, SK fans have too much free time.

That is cool, though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

-B
    Dude? Seriously. This would have been one of those times to pretend and just say "Yeah, cool, hunh."

Less than one week !!!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

-B
    I did not.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

We hit another major milestone today. Its pretty much ready to go to our focus group in the morning. I cant believe what we have created. Its sick.

I would expect a PM regarding the preview some time on Friday. Cheers everyone!

My Mood
    Gay

Congrats, Brian !
    Your milestones are our reason to celebrate!
    Closer still to launch !!

Can't wait !

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!!
    We appreciate very much what your team has been doing. I'm sure it's going to be awesome!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

We hit another major milestone today. Its pretty much ready to go to our focus group in the morning. I cant believe what we have created. Its sick.

I would expect a PM regarding the preview some time on Friday. Cheers everyone!
    YES!

Can you tell that I'm excited too?

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeahh.... I'm veeery exited about this.

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Traveler XIXubiqueLX is on a distinguished road XIXubiqueLX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

mmmmm Pig!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

dec. 7 can't come fast enough
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast