Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 166 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 4139

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay he’s a keeper then.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Steve, I'm way behind on threads (due to travel and illness, in that order) so all I'll say is Wow. Love your recent acquisitions and your library. Congrats, man.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

After three days suffering from migraine headaches that kept me bedridden most of the time, I feel fine today and went to see THE EQUALIZER 2 in Dolby Atmos. It had the best sound in a theater I have ever heard, and I also enjoyed the movie, which I found MUCH better than the first one. Then when I got home I found that Sub Press had sent me the bookmark I ordered, and they threw in a lettered copy of ARTEMIS for packaging purposes:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I like The Equalizer 2 as well and really liked it. A different vibe then the first one, but I liked that one as well. Good stuff about the new books as well

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Steve!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Duplicate copies of Ketchum books and now a free lettered? Please tell me your secret.

(I know you’re kidding)
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

My secret is I used my credit card with a very large grimace.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Lettered Artemis? SWEET!

SubPress had a handful of those left over for sale this morning, but I saw the email too late. Congrats for getting in on it the first time around. It looks like a fine edition.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Sorry you missed the ARTEMIS lettered. I was surprised they had 5 left.

I got this today from the enigmatic Caretaker of Room 17, who I believe lives in an underground heavily armed bunker in an undisclosed location, possibly not even in this particular dimension. It plays a nifty tune when opened. He also included a nice Emmy magazine which has some disturbing (to me at least) images in it that makes me lament the current state of some TV shows. He only charged me $900 for it, so it was a real steal. I still owe him $11.95 postage though. It is displayed in the middle of my million dollar William Shatner (he writes his books all by himself, really he does!) paperback collection.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Steve. I too receive items from this Caretaker from time to time.........
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Richard Matheson's A STIR OF ECHOES, now a major motion picture! Starring Kevin Bacon (sometimes served with eggs):

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just about to finish my listen to this and I've been underwhelmed. Too dated perhaps and the communication between the husband and wife is over the top formal. I don't know of any married couple that speaks that way to each other. I enjoyed the movie though . I think there might have even been a sequel?

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I have to read this. Saw the Kevin Bacon movie and liked it. It was long ago enough that I’ve probably forgotten enough of it to enjoy the book.

What are these two?

It was written in 1958. Back then people talked and acted differently, or so I've been told, and I know Matheson based many of his scenarios on him and his wife Ruth, so maybe that's how they talked to each other. He was a great believer in metaphysics, which may also explain some conversation peculiarities. It's been a long time since I've read the book.

Adam, the circled book is the lettered edition from Gauntlet (they still have a PC lettered copy for sale without the slipcase for $150 which I would buy if I had the extra cash), and it contains a CD of Matheson reading - something, I don't know what and their website doesn't say. I may even have listened to it, I don't remember. Matheson, and he freely admitted this himself, was a very boring speaker when recorded, which is why I probably don't remember anything about the CD.

He remains one of my all-time favorite authors.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It was written in 1958. Back then people talked and acted differently, or so I've been told, and I know Matheson based many of his scenarios on him and his wife Ruth, so maybe that's how they talked to each other. He was a great believer in metaphysics, which may also explain some conversation peculiarities. It's been a long time since I've read the book.

Adam, the circled book is the lettered edition from Gauntlet (they still have a PC lettered copy for sale without the slipcase for $150 which I would buy if I had the extra cash), and it contains a CD of Matheson reading - something, I don't know what and their website doesn't say. I may even have listened to it, I don't remember. Matheson, and he freely admitted this himself, was a very boring speaker when recorded, which is why I probably don't remember anything about the CD.

He remains one of my all-time favorite authors.
    I also recently listened to I Am Legend and didn't really care for it til right at the end. I loved the twist if you will. I guess his writing just isn't for me. Although, I'd like to see a reboot of the movie that actually follows the novel more closely.

I don't care for Bradbury nor Lovecraft either. Maybe I just don't have any literary taste lol.

Country
    Country Flag

I highly enjoy and appreciate your sense of humor, Steve. World would be a better place if more folks had one.

It's the Grudge Match of the century! Ray Bradbury

VS.
    H.P. (Howie to his friends) Lovecraft!

Who will become the next undisputed MMA champion?
    The man who can't spell color - or -
    The man who thinks there are canals on Mars?
    Pay Per View only - VISA, MASTERCARD and (I hope I never read another post about this for the rest of my life!) PayPal accepted.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are some awesome covers!
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

My Mood
    Chatty

Wow! Amazing man. Are those Lovecrafts all first printings?

I think a few of them are first as issued, but they're not rare as far as I know.

This picture came out better than I expected so what the heck, I'll put it here:

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

duh (I wrote something dumb and then deleted)
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Barnes & Noble had some new paperback editions, and for some reason I bought them:

Darn glare!

And the books behind the books:

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And for some reason I keep liking them!

Me too!

Some Vonneguts:

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice stuff !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 166 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast