Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 167 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 4157

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a hell of a 2001 collection! Very nice. Are your movie collectibles on display in your home, Steve, or tucked away?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    That is a hell of a 2001 collection! Very nice. Are your movie collectibles on display in your home, Steve, or tucked away?
    Mostly tucked away, although every wall space has something hanging on it, posters, lobby cards, etc.
    My collection is paltry compared to others on here, but I do have a lot of James Bond posters. I have a couple of 8 sheets (I think they're 8 sheets anyway, billboard size) I've never been able to unfold all the way.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I am hoping for a really nice 4k version of 2001 for the home.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I can not afford a new 4K player or TV set at this time, alas!

I was rearranging my F&SFs to get more room, and came across this letter stuffed between some issues:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are awesome! I've never seen them before even though I had a subscription. Neat!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Any chance of a higher resolution?

It's only one letter. I posted it twice. If you look at the picture in my photos page here, it is much larger and you can read it easily.

I put my entire run of F&SFs (Fall 1949 to NOV/DEC 2017) on two long shelves near the ceiling, stacking them on top horizontally to clear a bookshelf off.

Both shelves before horizontal stacking:

Both shelves after horizontal stacking:

These are the cleared shelves rearranged:

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW! Must have felt nice to have some spare shelving - albeit, briefly!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great now I want F&SF shelves. Thanks a lot, Steve.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Hey, like, anytime!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's a lot of freakin mags!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That's a lot of freakin mags!
    According to the index, 734. But they've been doing double issues for the last few years, and they may count one issue as two whole numbers, so the count could be a little less.

Various incarnations of the late great Philip Jose Farmer's (I met him!) more adult books:

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Awesome! I just saw something like this on eBay...

Whoa I tried to upload the screenshot and the Tapatalk app actually rejected it! These image recognition filters are insane nowadays.

Country
    Country Flag

These are great. The "Feast Unknown" copies wth the disproportionate guy with the machine gun crack me up..

That's MISTER disproportionate guy with a machine gun to you!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Oh, man, those are great! I particularly like the Grafton/Granada paperback editions. I remember seeing those as a kid.

You appear to have ones in pristine condition. Congrats!

HBJ

Today I went to the movies, and when no one was looking I snatched these posters off the counter in the lobby:
    I threw a rare Stephen King book in because this is a book thread.

My Mood
    Chatty

Haha nice work! I’m going tonight to see Hereditary. Maybe I’ll get lucky, too!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I should go see Solo today. Otherwise, I'll probably never get the chance....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

It's WAAAAAAYYYYY better than the last Stars Wars movie.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    It's WAAAAAAYYYYY better than the last Stars Wars movie.
    Agreed! Rogue One remains my favorite of the newest releases. I also enjoyed episodes I-III, with the exception of Jar-Jar, which I guess a lot of people didn't care for.

I am currently reading this book:

On pages 236 and 237 is a picture of some of the books found on the shelves in the Bookhouse. The King was put there by Lucy:

Country
    Country Flag

That Lynch book is on my to-read pile, how's ti going? I was hoping to have it read before watching Season 3 but didn't get to it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 167 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 135 ... LastLast