Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 165 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 4117

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love those Hitchock's. And that Ellison... And.. And... I want a library card to your library!

Hey, have you got the Charnel House S/L edition of Harlan's "Coffin Nails"? That looks like a very cool edition.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have the S/L of COFFIN NAILS, but not the lettered, because I don't have enough money and he refuses to take payments. However, his Ellison lettereds do not sell out quickly and may still be available.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I received my GWENDY'S BUTTON BOX alternate cover and coin today from jsmcmullen92, wrapped in a kerchief I never knew existed! What a nice surprise. Unfortunately, right after I took these pictures (2 angles because it's so hard to get a non-glare photo off the broad-art protective cover), I accidentally put the coin in a vending machine, then hit diet instead of regular Mountain Dew, which I threw out because I don't like drinking liquid mace. Then, I was so mad my nose started running, so I grabbed the nearest handkerchief...well, you have good days and you have bad days...

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Lol very cool, Steve.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Steve, you should really pick up a copy of Joyland. I enjoyed it and highly recommend it
    😂😂😂

I was going to say something, but this response is too perfect.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    All my ENDER'S GAMEs, excluding the Centipede Press edition, still in shrinkwrap!
    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post
    Also dig the Ender’s Game hiding behind it. One of my favorite Centipede Press editions.
    The CP Ender's Game is great - the added book with a facsimile of the original submission was genius.

And I'm glad to see that it has a prominent place in your collection!

Also I love the first editions. I have the CP and Easton Press versions myself but not the firsts. Great grabs!!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

AMAZING COLLECTION !!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool of Josh and great get, Steve! And what's wrong with Dt. Dew I drink about 5 to 6 gallons of it a day
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

I have been sprayed with mace once, and Diet Mountain Dew puts the same taste in my mouth. I can stand Diet Dr. Pepper and Vernors, but not Dew.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have been sprayed with mace once, and Diet Mountain Dew puts the same taste in my mouth. I can stand Diet Dr. Pepper and Vernors, but not Dew.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Now, all I want to know is... who/when/why were you sprayed with mace!?

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

All my ENDER'S GAMEs, excluding the Centipede Press edition, still in shrinkwrap! I never did get the proof or the UK 1st. I wish I had pursued those back then, when they were much easier to obtain:

God I loved that book (and actually the rest of the series). Never thought of collectable editions of it, might have to see what's out there...

Back when I was in high school, a couple of years ago I believe, someone thought, on a hot summer's day, it would be a fine prank to spray mace through the open windows of the school bus, packed with me and a bunch of other students. Ah, what a jolly, roly-poly fun time high school was!

I loved ENDER'S GAME and SPEAKER FOR THE DEAD, but starting with XENOCIDE, which I found almost unreadable, every succeeding Ender book got worse for me. For some reason I stuck with it for awhile before I stopped reading Card altogether, although I was actively collecting him for years at that time. My favorite books of his are the Prentice Alvin series, ALL of which I found to be some of the best books I've ever read.

My paperbacks were mixed up, and I found a 1st US paperback of ENDER'S GAME and these, all as new except the ENDER'S GAME, of course, it has a few flaws:

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

They look great! I'm officially jealous of books I hadn't even thought of collecting until this morning

Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh, I hope that person who thought that was a fun prank, also enjoyed a swift shoe deep in the plums at some point in his career...

Now, back to Harlan Ellison. I loved the short story collection, with "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream" but, not being such a sci fi fan, I'd probably not get into this side of his work. Any other dark fantasy / horror stuff of Ellison's I should read? Also, do you have any photographs up here of Coffin Nails S/L?

Here are two views of the S/L COFFIN NAILS. I hope one day I can find (afford) the lettered edition:

Country
    Country Flag

Love it, Steve, Looks like a beauty. I may have to move on this one...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Thanks for posting pics of your Card collection! Nice to see a few UK editions as well.

I've been slowly collecting a mish-mash of signed and unsigned US and UK editions of Card over the years. The UK editions are problematic because many of his works were never published there.

HBJ

I have a few Card UK editions, but not many.

SLEEPING BEAUTIES slipcase. I almost literally have SBs stacked to the ceiling:

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess you might be needing some of these then......

Spoiler:
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

I admit ignorance. Is that a custom made slipcase?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a work in progress. A new design I'm considering for Jeff to make. He's a bit inundated right now, so maybe a while before it becomes reality.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    It's a work in progress. A new design I'm considering for Jeff to make. He's a bit inundated right now, so maybe a while before it becomes reality.
    , Simon! You know I already had a ton of the SB cases made! I'll admit, those are sharp and I'd order them!

Haw, haw, you typed 'shape' instead of 'sharp'.

Snicker, snicker.

By the way, I do not like Snickers or Mars Bars or Milky Ways, yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

I guess you might be needing some of these then......

Spoiler:
    That looks fantastic. I would definitely be interested in more than one, if they are available!

Will there be a purple W H Smith variant slipcase?

HBJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 165 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast