Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 165 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 4115

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Great movie. Reminds of old western soundtracks that have electric guitars in them. I always wondered where they plugged them in, unless maybe Back to the Future 3 had something to do with it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Great movie. Reminds of old western soundtracks that have electric guitars in them. I always wondered where they plugged them in, unless maybe Back to the Future 3 had something to do with it.
    Where else but in a...
    Spoiler:
    CURRANT BUSH!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

A LIT FUSE (this book is potential dynamite! Get it? Lit fuse...oh, never mind...)
    S/L numbered slipcased edition (top)
    Trade edition (bottom):

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

I ordered these two books from The Strand bookstore back in 2013, and PULLING THE TRAIN indicated a 2nd printing. I e-mailed the publisher asking if this was still a 1st, with the 2nd meaning it was a reprint of SEX GANG, and received no response.

Recently, I saw this boxed set on E-Bay, which includes a signed card from Ellison (which I forgot to photograph!), the post cards and the comb switchblade. The book is the first printing, with no mention of it being a 2nd impression. That's the good news. The bad news is I jumped on this for $150, then thought to check the publisher's website, to find it, and the second book, both still available as limited editions for $50 each!

However, the book was probably the best wrapped package I have ever received from E-bay, so it was (almost but not quite) worth the $100 I lost ordering it.

I have the second volume coming from the publisher, Kicks Books:

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow, some nice Ellison adds, there! Congrats!

Edited to add: are you aware of the Limited Trade of "Blood's a Rover" that SubPress just announced?

HBJ

I'm still seething over that one...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff. I'm just properly discovering Harlan, now...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool stuff, Steve.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

A strange thing happened today. There was a package in my mailbox which contained a book club edition (with a full number line) of FROM A BUICK 8, sent from Amazon Marketplace. The price of the book was 85 cents, and the postage was $5.22. The book was sent to me from a person I never heard of, and I did not order the book. I contacted Amazon and they told me they'd take care of it and not to send it back. I told them the book is just about worthless. Then, for some reason, I flipped through the pages and found this train ticket on page 333. If this means something, I have no idea what it is.

Now the really strange thing is, I DID order a red leather library edition of BUICK 8 from E-Bay, which has not arrived yet. Could these two orders be related somehow? Possibly...

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My guess, and I hope I'm wrong about this, is that the eBay seller is one of the increasing number of sellers who don't carry an inventory, but rather take advantage of price differences between eBay and Amazon to sell things on eBay and ship them directly from Amazon.

For lots of goods, this isn't a problem. I bought some kitchen-related stuff from eBay that arrived from Amazon and everything was fine, I just felt like a dummy when I realized what had happened and that I would have saved the $20 difference if I would have bothered to check Amazon first.

However, for collectible books it is definitely a problem because no one involved in the transaction has actually checked to see if the book listed was correct.

"Zuber" is an eBay seller like this that at least one member is currently having an issue with (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1092813) though his story is somewhat funnier (but probably not for him) because instead of S/L books he got eyeliner...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You must have opened the trunk, Steve
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would tend to say that this is a probably a good guess.

As for the eurostar ticket : maybe used by the previous owner as a bookmark?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Damn, I did order the red leather book from Zuber. I have a feeling I may not get it now.

Wait, I'm still here so I think the trunk is still closed. I wonder if that red book is in it though.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I also ordered a book from Zuber - advertised as a fine UK trade copy of The Gunslinger - and received a not-fine Plume edition. Contacted the seller directly through eBay and received a refund, with no request to return.

So yes, don't trust this seller for collectible books, but at least they don't seem to be trying to steal your money.

HBJ

The red leather was tagged as delivered and it never came, so I contacted the seller to send it to me. If I don't get it in a few days E-Bay will step in.

I have put Zuber on my never buy from again list.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, awesome collection! Love those old Ellison paperbacks! Sex Gang is super rare and expensive. One of this first books. Great score!

Thanks. Hidden somewhere in this picture is an original SEX GANG:

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! And it's in great condition, too. That's a couple hundred dollars paperback right there. And you also have Rumble. Wow! Do you have any Jim Thompson, David Goodis, Charles Willeford, Cornell Woolrich or Chester Himes PBO's?

Yeah, the SEX GANG is in Very Fine condition. I think there are two states of the first paperback edition, I forget the details. I don't know if the copy I have is the first or second. I have the new Ellison bibliography but I haven't cracked it open yet.

As far as those other authors, that's easy - nope! Always meant to read Jim Thompson, but never got around to it. I do have a lot of Robert Bloch paperbacks though, among some other authors.

By the way - nice dog!

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like you have the first state. The later printings have "A Reed Nightstand Book" at the top. Looks like you have the original Pyramid Books Rumble, too!

Cool man, love Bloch as well! Thanks for the dog love. He's my buddy, an awesome rat terrier-mix! He's five now and looking a little more portly than the pic.

If I remember I'll post a pic of my dog eating one of my first editions. She's also half Jack Russel Terrier.

My latest acquisitions:

Boxed set of GETTING IN THE WIND by Harlan Ellison, with postcard, pair of dice and signed card, far view:

Same as above, close view:

New PS Publishing COLORADO KID, far view, still waiting for the limited:

CD SLEEPING BEAUTIES ARCS, far view:

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Steve!

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on the pickups. I love your set up/display of your collection, too. Nicely done!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    Congratulations on the pickups. I love your set up/display of your collection, too. Nicely done!
    Seconded! I dig the glass shelves

+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 165 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 78 86 126 ... LastLast