Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 165 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 4116

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

About time we got some "Slayer" action!!! LOL Congrats!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! And love the Buffy stuff!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! Buffy! Oh, and by the way congratulations on the Finder Keepers.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    She can "slay" me anytime!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    She can "slay" me anytime!!! LOL
    As for me, remove the 's'.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Got these two books in the mail today. I now have both PS THINNER jackets/cases but alas, not the lettered edition. Also put my Hayley Atwell (agent Carter) autograph in the picture:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

I got this 'airport edition' of FINDERS KEEPERS from Simon, which arrived today in great condition. Many thanks!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice one Steve. Mine's on the way.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got around to picking up the Australian version for you Steve (and Revival for you Paul) and will get it shipped off next week....

I finally received my invitation to the 15th Annual Los Angeles Public Library Awards dinner on March 26, 2010. I'd go, but my temporal transfer machine just broke down and I just don't have the time to fix it.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate when that happens!

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I finally received my invitation to the 15th Annual Los Angeles Public Library Awards dinner on March 26, 2010. I'd go, but my temporal transfer machine just broke down and I just don't have the time to fix it.
    Very nice. Have you tried unplugging it and turning it back on. Usually works for me.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's really nice. I like it. Bummer you're late for the dinner.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I got this 'airport edition' of FINDERS KEEPERS from Simon, which arrived today in great condition. Many thanks!
    Glad the book arrived safely!

It's a common problem - don't leave it too long or you will be stuck waiting for a lightning storm to jump start it again.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

I've been looking at the Easton Press catalog again. Couldn't resist. So, Anyway... by John Cleese, The Silence of the Lambs and All the Songs The Story Behind Every Beatles Release:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Great ensemble as usual! And yay John Cleese.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That Bronson! book looks amazing.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice copy of Silence of the Lambs!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Nice copy of Silence of the Lambs!
    I totally agree~!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

For those who haven't seen it, the image of Cleese on the spine of the book is from The Ministry of Silly Walks sketch. I laugh every time I watch it.

https://youtu.be/aOqHNNmTz68

I haven't posted much lately; tightening finances have put a dent in my collecting Jones, but I just couldn't resist when Pekka (AKA Rooster), graciously offered to sell me his lettered edition of VENUS ON THE HALF SHELL AND OTHERS by Philip Jose Farmer at a very reasonable price. And not only that, he had letter 'A'!. I have been looking for this book ever since I (very stupidly) neglected to order it from Sub Press when it was initially offered, and it has been on my mind ever since, gnawing a rather nicely rounded hole in my brain. So, I re-mortgaged my house, sent Pekka his money in gold ingots by private jet, and he mailed the book to me on November 30, 2016. It arrived today, a mere month and ten days later, with the top and sides of the box soaking wet. (We had about 6" of snow last night, but that's no excuse). Luckily, Pekka knows his stuff when wrapping books and it arrived in mint condition. I sent the mobsters away who wanted to break my legs for non-payment of the Mafia loan I also had to take out to pay for the book so I could take some pictures:

Shelf without VENUS

Shelf with Venus. Traycase on upper right, lettered book lower left. I have the proof, lettered, signed/numbered and trade now:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So I take it you're a fan of the book?

Nice add!

Farmer is one of my two top favorite authors and I've been collecting his stuff for a long time. He's also one of the few authors I've met.

VENUS on the shelf where it belongs with robots, etc.

VENUS without robots, etc. and other Farmer lettereds:

Shelf below Farmer books. Lousy picture but it's tight between the bookshelves:

Ok, that's it for another 6 months or so I guess
    Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan; 01-10-2017 at 11:42 AM. Reason: grammer change

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

Fantastic! This is a pretty accurate description of myself when I realized that a package that should take about 6 working days had already been on its way for over a month.

I just wish there'd been more leg-breaking involved. I gave strict instructions to those goons! Bah, you can never get good help when you need it...

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Always enjoy looking at your bookshelves. They look like some of my shelves with all the variants. Congratulations on the new Farmer books!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 165 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 ... LastLast