Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Stephen King in F&SF

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

More Stephen King in F&SF
    I have every issue of this magazine from FALL 1949 to DECEMBER 2005. I quit reading it because of my continuing dissatisfaction with the stories, which, in my opinion, had lessened considerably in quality and interest by then. So that means I need the OCT/NOV 2008 issue.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

GERALD'S GAME
    ABA edition
    1st US hardcover
    Book Club edition
    1st UK hardcover
    a few Overlook Connection game cards
    Quality Paperback Book Club edition

GERALD'S GAME
    "I wouldn't have had so much trouble with those cuffs!"
    1st UK paperback
    1st US paperback (2 copies)

DOLORES CLAIBORNE
    UK Hodder Special Christmas Gift Edition (1st UK hardcover)
    1st US hardcover
    Book Club edition
    1st UK trade hardcover
    Quality Paperback Book Club
    1st UK paperback

NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES
    Book Club flyer
    1st UK hardcover (15 pound, 99 pence version)
    US Book Club edition (as far as I know this preceded the US trade hardcover)
    1st US trade hardcover
    Hodder Special Christmas Gift edition
    1st US paperback (hard to see but 2 copies)
    1st UK paperback
    1st Pocket Books paperback

NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES
    UK 16 pound 99 pence version hardcover (I forget the story behind the two different prices)
    Buffy's red leather pants
    Quality Paperback Book Club edition

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very, very impressive indeed!

sk

INSOMNIA
    Zeising (yawn!) signed & numbered edition
    Zeising (huh? Damn, can't keep my eyes open!) Gift Edition
    Very extremely incredibly rare UPN Network promo popcorn packet for STAR TREK VOYAGER premier in 1995, never opened, popcorn not guaranteed fresh)

INSOMNIA
    1st US hardcover (2 copies; red-white, white-red)
    Book Club edition (with Book Club flyer)
    Hodder UK 1 0f 200 signed numbered copies
    Hodder Special Limited Edition with facsimile signed bookplate (The Collector site states there is a sticker on the slipcase indicating the signature is a facsimile, but my slipcase has no such sticker, and the signature is blue on an otherwise black lettered bookplate. What this means I have no idea.)

INSOMNIA
    1st UK trade hardcover (2 copies)
    1st UK paperback

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Hodder Special Limited Edition with facsimile signed bookplate (The Collector site states there is a sticker on the slipcase indicating the signature is a facsimile, but my slipcase has no such sticker, and the signature is blue on an otherwise black lettered bookplate. What this means I have no idea.)
    It should have a large sticker similar to the Nightmares & Dreamscapes one.

All the Hodder & Stoughton facsimile bookplate "signatures" were done in blue ink. If you compare the Insomnia / Nightmares & Dreamscapes / Dolores Claibourne bookplates together, you will see that the "blue signature" is exactly the same. It's a "stock" signature.

I wonder why mine doesn't have the label. No sign of one ever being there either. I don't remember who I bought the book from, but it was at publication from a UK book dealer as I recall. Does that make mine less valuable?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say it makes it less 'complete' but less valuable... I don't know. My opinion of course. I have seen copies for sale where you could clearly see the glue residue of the removed label on the slipcase and that does make it less valuable. Again, my opinion. But if there's no sign of there ever being a label in the first place?

Some easy to get items:
    MID-LIFE CONFIDENTIAL
    UMNEY'S LAST CASE (I believe there is a limited edition of this, I hope one day to have one)
    Iron Man (Stephen King's most metallic fan)

ROSE MADDER
    US proof (ARC)
    1st US hardcover
    Book Club edition
    1st UK harcover; Rose decorated end papers and ribbon
    1st UK hardcover; 2nd state black endpapers no ribbon
    1st US paperback
    (I'm still looking for a 1st UK paperback, missed that one somehow)

DESPERATION
    Grant signed & numbered edition
    Grant Gift Edition
    1st US trade hardcover
    1st UK hardcover
    1st US paperback
    1st UK paperback

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Some easy to get items:
    MID-LIFE CONFIDENTIAL
    UMNEY'S LAST CASE (I believe there is a limited edition of this, I hope one day to have one)
    Iron Man (Stephen King's most metallic fan)

I've never heard of a limited edition of Umney. There is, however a UK edition that is almost identical to the US version except that the cover is black and not white. That one's a little more scarce.

John

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing Collection !!! Especially the IT - ES German Edition Phantasia World FIRST

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Buffy could "Slay" me any day!!!! LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of which...what exactly is that Buffy picture in the background in all your pics?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Speaking of which...what exactly is that Buffy picture in the background in all your pics?
    It's a poster sent if you joined the fan club. I'm not a member and I have no idea where I got it, probably from Ebay. It won't be there much longer since I need another bookshelf and that's the only space I have left.

THE REGULATORS
    US proof (ARC) - 1st state no letter A on spine
    The scariest year EVER calendar
    1st US hardcover
    1st UK hardcover
    still working on the UK paperback

THE GREEN MILE
    1st US trade paperback
    Book of the Month Club edition in green box
    BOMC flyer
    1st US hardcover
    1st UK trade paperback
    a whole heckofalota US and UK 1st paperbacks
    I passed up all the proofs when offered to me when the books were published. Please form another line to kick me at this time.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

<----------------------KICKS you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast