Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

CHRISTINE
    Grant signed & numbered edition
    2 Book Club editions (why I have these I don't know!)
    1st US paperback
    2nd US paperback - (also movie tie-in edition with 6 exciting pages of B&W photos)
    1st UK paperback
    CHRISTINE's boy friend, Tow Mater

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see the full picture of the 1st/1st Salem's Lot jacket.

By the way, your collection is AWESOME! WOW!

John

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It is an awesome collection, and I'm glad you're taking the time to make all these photos and share them with us.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF 1st US trade paperback
    (I don't want a pickle, I just want a copy of Stephen King's motor - ) CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF 1st UK trade paperback
    THE PLANT PART 1 Designer's Proof
    THE PLANT PART 2 Designer's Proof
    Alas, never got Part 3, sigh...

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

PET SEMATARY
    Typset proof
    Redone proof
    1st US hardcover
    2 different Book Club editions
    1st UK hardcover
    1st US paperback
    1st UK paperback
    Nice kitty kitty - Eyarghhhhhhh!

THINNER
    ABA advance edition
    1st US hardcover
    Book Club edition
    1st UK hardcover
    1st US paperback
    1st UK paperback (3 copies because I wanted to fatten up my bookshelves)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

SALEM'S LOT 1st state dust wrapper. There is a tiny tear above the price (figures, doesn't it?) but the rest of it is in great shape. As far as I know all of them were folded where the black meets the white between the spine and back cover. The fold is very hard to see though. I left these pictures at a higher resolution so they are easier to see. How many exist? I don't know. I have heard 3, 5, as many as 12.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful! Congratulations!

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just great! Hope you'll keep posting here for a while longer!

sk

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection!

How did you get your copy of that 1st/1st/1st Salem's Lot?
    Just got it before they discovered the errors, or in another way?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful collection!

I'm sure that tear on the 'Salem's Lot dustjacket is blemishing your otherwise stunning collection. I hate to see it be a burden to you. I'll send you the $8.95 for the book and take it off your hands.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Way back in the last century I just happened to be talking to a bookdealer, and we were discussing the Salem's Lot dust jackets. I had known at the time that there were 2 states, the unclipped and the clipped, and he pulled out an unclipped F dust jacket on a VG + book. Remember, this was only a few years after the book had first been published and I doubt either of us knew at the time what a rarity we had. So I bought it from him for around $250, thinking it would be easy enough to get a better copy of the book later on. 25 or so years later, I had never bought the 2nd or 3rd state jacket, and I was discussing SK with the same bookdealer. Just making conversation, I asked him what is the most expensive SK book out there and when he told me, I thought for a few seconds and then said "I think I've got that! Let me check." I had no idea it was so rare until then.

Brice, I'll take the $8.95, but must adjust for inflation and other economic factors. That comes to, let me see, how does $89,500 sound to you? The 8, 9 and 5 are still there.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, we're gonna' have to negotiate here...can I at least have free S&H?
    The really bad part is if I had $89,500 (and only that) I probably REALLY would buy the book if it was for sale.

Amazing...and a great story too. Do you frequently remind that bookdealer that he sold that to you for $250? I would.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels has a spectacular aura about Niels's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Always love those collecting-stories! I think the seller also thought he had a great sell (back then).

@Brice : You know there is one for sale at abebooks?

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

THE TALISMAN
    US proof (ARC)
    UK proof (ARC)
    1st UK hardcover (2 copies)
    1st UK paperback
    1st Berkley International Edition
    1st US paperback
    1st Ballantine US paperback (August 2001)

THE TALISMAN
    1st US hardcover
    Grant signed & numbered edition
    Grant trade edition

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Always love those collecting-stories! I think the seller also thought he had a great sell (back then).

@Brice : You know there is one for sale at abebooks?
    Alas, I'm a little bit short...like about 85 grand.

If you rescue me

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Is it perhaps the same seller that sold ur2nd his copy? He's saying he sold three of them in the past, for 'considerably less'.

Country
    Country Flag

There's a some extra info from the seller of the copy at abe's.

http://www.abebooks.com/books/jerusa...hen-king.shtml

Four years ago someone offered $40,000 for his copy.

THE EYES OF THE DRAGON
    US proof (ARC)
    1st US hardcover (3 copies from the 3 different publishing houses)
    Book Club Edition
    1st UK hardcover
    Large Print Edition

THE EYES OF THE DRAGON
    1st US paperback (2 different colors!)
    1st UK paperback
    3 actors show up for the casting call

SKELETON CREW
    yellow proof (ARC)
    1st US hardcover
    1st UK hardcover
    1st US paperback ( 3 copies, 2 different colors)
    1st UK paperback

THE BACHMAN BOOKS
    dust jacket that came with the proof
    Literary Guild flyer for Book Club Edition
    US proof (ARC)
    1st US hardcover
    1st US trade paperback
    Book Club Edition
    1st UK hardcover
    1st US paperback (2 copies)
    1st UK paperback

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast