Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    SONGS OF THE DYING EARTH:

Sub Press trade
    Sub Press S/N
    Sub Press lettered
    First UK trade hardcover
    First US trade hardcover (well, 2nd counting the Sub Press trade)
    UK trade paperback (AmazonUK sent me a 2nd printing, grrrrrrr! after holding my order for almost 2 months!)

I really like this book. Hey, where's your proof copy?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've never seen one for sale, but I WANT one (or two...or three...)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ... I really like this book. Hey, where's your proof copy?
    So you know what to look for
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Aha! That's beautiful! I used to have a source for proofs, but unfortunately his contact(s) dried up and he doesn't get them any more. And I now realize I've never looked through your collection thread either! So much to do, so little time!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Richard Matheson's NIGHTMARE AT 20000 FEET:

trade hardcover
    S/L hardcover
    lettered hardcover
    ARC

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's the episode from The Twilight Zone, right? The one with the ape-man on the airplane wing?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Yes, the lettered edition is the only one signed by Shatner, who played the nervous fellow on the plane.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! Love it. Any chance of posting a photo of the limitation/signature page of the Lettered?

Thanks for the request, I took the book out of the traycase and discovered the dust jacket was damaged. I'd never have looked otherwise!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

Ha ha!

Here's my "awesome" William Shatner collection:

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea Shatner wrote that much.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

http://cgi.ebay.com/Songs-Dying-Eart...item3a63519d5b

there you go man. good luck

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! And that looks like an actual proof whereas Patrick's is more of an ARC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I had no idea Shatner wrote that much.
    Neither did he, I think. Speculation has it most, if not all of these books are ghost-written.

Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan

http://cgi.ebay.com/Songs-Dying-Eart...item3a63519d5b

there you go man. good luck

Damn! I missed the auction! I'm not here so much anymore so that one slipped by me, grrrrrr!

King related material:

The numberline on the book starts at 2, so I assume it's a 2nd printing. Ordered it from CD, so I assumed it was a 1st thus, maybe not though.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My copy's number line starts with a "1".

John

Finally found a first printing of the UK paperback:

THE PASSAGE:
    US ARC
    Waterstone freebie newspaper
    signed US 1st (no errors)
    US 1st hardcover (no errors, so technically 2nd state of 1st edition)
    CD S/L

1st UK hardcover
    UK Waterstones signed edition (5000 copies?)
    1st UK trade paperback
    some vinyl 45s

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And once again, I am kicking myself for not ordering the CD limited.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

"Hey there Godzilla, old buddy, old pal! Have you seen my little buddy Hogarth lately?"
    "Uh (urp!) nope, can't say I have! Been busy reading this proof copy of the uncut THE STAND by Stephen something or other."
    "...heeeeelllp....!"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Hey there Godzilla, old buddy, old pal! Have you seen my little buddy Hogarth lately?"
    "Uh (urp!) nope, can't say I have! Been busy reading this proof copy of the uncut THE STAND by Stephen something or other."
    "...heeeeelllp....!"

LOL I have the exact same "Godzilla" I bought when they were shooting the movie by my old office (23rd St) and the Yanks had just signed Matsui (Godzilla) LOL LOL LOL He has a great roar, right? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

I don't care what the critics say, I love that movie. Here is my pack of Godzillas guarding my copy of ES.
    Merlin, I hope you asked Godzilla for an autograph when he took a stroll down your street.
    The top, right and bottom right Godzillas have battery powered roars (the bottom right one is a bank which I think is hard to find now). The big top one can actually 'eat' the action figures that came with it, and there is a door on it's stomach you open to get them out. The bottom middle one has a spring activated kick. I'd say I'm in my 2nd childhood, but I never outgrew the first one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast