Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4099

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks everyone.

Ellison is far better known for his short fiction and his essays and opinions than his novels, which are very few. Try 'A Boy and His Dog' or 'I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream'. If you hate those, you won't like Ellison. I disagreed with some of his stuff, but not much. He was very intelligent and a whiz at writing, never used a computer and always typed everything on, I believe, an Olympia typewriter. I think Asimov always used a typewriter too. THE GLASS TEAT and THE OTHER GLASS TEAT are great jibes at television. Not as relevant as when they were written, but highly readable.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

CONGRATS !!!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks Frank.

And now, JUST when you thought it was safe to enter the library again, Hodder & Stoughton terrifies you with yet ANOTHER edition of THE OUTSIDER (the one in the middle), the only edition with the scary (shiver!) entity on the page edges:

EDIT - Except the proof, of course. I knew that though, really! Why doesn't anyone believe me!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL, nothing like a little overkill
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    And now, JUST when you thought it was safe to enter the library again, Hodder & Stoughton terrifies you with yet ANOTHER edition of THE OUTSIDER (the one in the middle), the only edition with the scary (shiver!) entity on the page edges:
    Well... technically, the proof already had that
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Well... technically, the proof already had that
    Well, gosh darn it, gee whiz all to heck! I don't have the proof, but I want one!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had one... sorry.
    Maybe Ari will be able to help you out
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I am not mistaken, Mike P. also has or had one.

Great picture, Steve, I always enjoy seeing a lot of editions of the same book together.

As soon as the price of the proofs (US and UK) come down to ten bucks or so, I'm all over them!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Frank.

EDIT - Except the proof, of course. I knew that though, really! Why doesn't anyone believe me!

Great group!!

Do you mind sharing the ISBN of the Hodder & Stoughton in the middle?

I've been looking for the proof with the silhouette on the page edge since someone first posted it here but haven't been able to find a copy. I only know about it because of this site and have never seen it available anywhere... I know it's numbered and limited to I think 300(?) copies. If I'm not going to be able to find the proof I'd like to have the Hodder & Stoughton version at least!

Like, no way am I going to tell you the ISBN number is 978-1-473-67639-8 and that it's available from The Book Depository for $9.44, free shipping. So just forget about it, okay?

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well even if you did, I definitely wouldn't have just ordered one right now, so there

Mine came in a ripped mailer, but the book was still good. That usually does NOT happen with The Book Depository. I've always (except once but they made good on it) had good luck with them.

Oh, why oh why don't I have yet another edition of THE COLORADO KID by that obscure author, Stephen King!?!

But...WAIT! I do, I DO have another edition of THE COLORADO KID by Sting, I mean King! The brand new, lavishly illustrated even BETTER edition of THE COLORADO KID. My quest is almost over!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

At the bottom of your first picture, the two without jackets.

Did they release the three without jackets?

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

There are all 3 with no jackets (spring came and they took off their jackets!). If memory serves, these were done in 2010 in an edition of 100 copies each.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

There are all 3 with no jackets (spring came and they took off their jackets!). If memory serves, these were done in 2010 in an edition of 100 copies each.
    Ahhhh....thanks.

Ralph
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Got some more peachy-keen Ellison stuff.
    This is an unnumbered Broken Glass broadside:

More Ellison, posters from his two Kicks Books releases:

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Great posters!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY NICE NEW STUFF !!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Really cool posters
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Thank U awl 4 the comments.

CARI MORA is out in the UK from Heinemann in trade paperback already. I don't know if this is the true first printing as it is not due out in the US until next Tuesday, as I haven't been to a bookstore:

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!!!! Can't wait to get my copy
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank U awl 4 the comments.

CARI MORA is out in the UK from Heinemann in trade paperback already. I don't know if this is the true first printing as it is not due out in the US until next Tuesday, as I haven't been to a bookstore:

Hopefully Harris rebounds nicely from Hannibal Rising. He is so good. Usually worth the wait.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast