Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 165 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 4115

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I have a few Card UK editions, but not many.

SLEEPING BEAUTIES slipcase. I almost literally have SBs stacked to the ceiling:
    I guess you might be needing some of these then......

Spoiler:
    That looks fantastic. I would definitely be interested in more than one, if they are available!

Will there be a purple W H Smith variant slipcase?

HBJ
    not sure on when they will be available, Jeff has a lot on his plate right now. Purple variant is possible but would depend on Jeff obtaining the right colour materials. (not even sure he can do the blue yet!)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Haw, haw, you typed 'shape' instead of 'sharp'.

Snicker, snicker.

By the way, I do not like Snickers or Mars Bars or Milky Ways, yuck.
    Edited.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I have a few Card UK editions, but not many.

SLEEPING BEAUTIES slipcase. I almost literally have SBs stacked to the ceiling:
    I guess you might be needing some of these then......

Spoiler:
    That looks fantastic. I would definitely be interested in more than one, if they are available!

Will there be a purple W H Smith variant slipcase?

HBJ
    One last hijack of Steve's thread. Jack, if you look in my collection thread, I have photos of the cases that I had Jeff make for me for SBs.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm not bored, I swear! Nevertheless, I took too many pictures of my NIGHT SHIFT, and for a change they came out kind of nice. The dust jacket is NOT yellow on the inside, it is pure white, that's the only picture that had a flaw, but without the flash it looked even worse.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

WOW. Much better than my Nightshift. When you open the flaps on both ends, there is tremendous staining. Good going on getting one that looks clean.

Country
    Country Flag

Nice copy!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I bought it from L.W. Currey a long time ago. It supposedly came from a bookstore in Florida direct, brand new, so I was the first person (except for Currey and the bookseller) to own it. It was NOT cheap, even then.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Very nice indeed though.

I read FOOTPRINTS ON THE SKY, the Harlan Ellison bibliography, and discovered there were many Ellison books I do not have. So I bought at least one of them, the first trade paperback of SHATTERDAY from 2007:

Country
    Country Flag

Just how many 10s of 1000s of books do you have? And where do you sleep?!

I recently counted my books, and forgot to write down the number. Somewhere between 7000 and 8000. That's not that many compared to some people.

I don't sleep very well. I usually wake up from 15 to 20 times every night.

Got my THE SHINING portfolio today:

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Fantastic. Congratulations!

Country
    Country Flag

I recently counted my books, and forgot to write down the number. Somewhere between 7000 and 8000. That's not that many compared to some people.

Wow! Seems like a lot to me. I'll never have or have room for that many books.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You wake because stacks of books occasionally topple onto you in the middle of the night?? 8k? - can we get a virtual tour of the library? A video or series of photos?? I'm struggle to envision what 8k of books even looks like!

Three strikes and I'm out!
    I've posted this twice already, and the glitch erased it both times, so I will try one more time!
    If anyone can tell me what small thing these two movies have in common (besides being on the same shelf, Brian!) I will send them absolutely free the book in between them (if you want it, that is), because I accidentally bought three of them. There is only one answer, the one I am thinking of.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh come on, Steve! It counts! At least I should get one for originality

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Is it something content-related or something about those two copies specifically?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    Is it something content-related or something about those two copies specifically?
    Content related, not my specific copies.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Well, I give up on the question, but I had a great time looking at your collection. You seem to have multiple fine copies of the hardest ones to find in fine condition. I’m envious to say the least!

Don't tell anyone, but some of those multiple copies are Book Club Editions next to the first editions.

Here's the trivia answer: At the end of Taxi Driver, a movie marquee displays Mr. Majestyk as the feature. In Kill Bill Vol 2, there is a Mr. Majestyk poster hanging on the wall of Budd's (Michael Madsen) trailer. And gee whiz, I thought everyone knew that!

My top two Roger Zelazny shelves. It's hard to get a decent picture because there's a bookshelf in the middle of the room right behind them:

My bottom two Roger Zelazny shelves, with all of my GWENDY'S BUTTON BOXES in front of the Zelazny books, including the SST edition, which I got today, although it didn't come out too good in the picture:

I finally broke down and ordered the COFFIN NAILS lettered edition from Charnel House, another beautiful book from Joe Stefko:

My Mood
    Chatty

Sweet

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Can I come play at your house sometime?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 165 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast