Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 165 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 4117

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Agreed!

Got these The Library of America books from Amazon today. As usual lately, their packaging was atrocious, but the single volume only suffered minor damage. The boxed set contains the single volume, and if I'd known that I might not have ordered it separately, but the one volume is called FOUR CLASSIC NOVELS 1968-1969, and the boxed set is labeled EIGHT CLASSIC NOVELS OF THE 1960s, which adds to the confusion.

The novels are
    THE HIGH CRUSADE by Poul Anderson
    WAY STATION by Clifford D. Simak
    FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON by Daniel Keyes
    AND CALL ME CONRAD (THIS IMMORTAL) by Roger Zelazny
    PAST MASTER by R. A. Lafferty
    PICNIC ON PARADISE by Joanna Russ
    NOVA by Samuel R. Delany
    EMPHYRIO by Jack Vance

I bought these because I collect Vance and Zelazny. They are handsome volumes.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Bought this Matheson proof on E-Bay. Made an offer for less than half the Buy it Now price and it was accepted! I never knew this proof for the paperback existed and it is signed by Matheson to boot. Happy to add it to my Matheson collection:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Score!!

Thanks!

New Hodder UK ELEVATION paperback is out. So is the US one but I haven't got it yet:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the UK usually released their PB along with the HC.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Me too, but not in this case for some reason. Maybe because it's such a small book. The Book Depository listed two paperbacks with different prices and different ISBNs. I ordered both, just got this one. Maybe the other is an international edition.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Me too, but not in this case for some reason. Maybe because it's such a small book. The Book Depository listed two paperbacks with different prices and different ISBNs. I ordered both, just got this one. Maybe the other is an international edition.
    Very well could be.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Got my 19th Edition of 'A Guide to U.S. First Editions of...STEPHEN KING' today, and I must admit I'm mighty impressed by the whole package:

Make America great, read a good book!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love looking at all the goodies you get. Nice hauls.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Steve! Did see you're baby up there.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Steve.

Thanks guys.

Q: Why are these paperweights sexy?

A: Because they're stacked.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Very nice, Steve! Congrats!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Mines due today! How come two?

Because I have two pieces of paper.

Country
    Country Flag

A Steve answer if there ever was one

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That it is. One of his best.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That it is. One of his best.
    Suntup Productions proudly presents, "Steveisms". I think it would sell.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

The way they’re displayed now, they look like paperweightweights. Better order some paperweightweightweights to weigh down your paperweightweights.

That's a weighty decision, I'll have to think about it.

Ohboyohboyohboy! Three new King paperbacks came out this week! Here's one of them I got from Amazon today, so it's a little bent, but not creased, it'll straighten out:

Got some more stuff today, including the US paperback of ELEVATION and my I AM LEGEND ARC, which, if I could do them, would have sent me into cartwheels, since I am an avid Matheson collector.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Matheson is overrated.
    Send all of his stuff to me
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 165 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 160 ... LastLast