Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 167 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 4158

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I've been in an emotional slump for a while. Trying to dig my way out of it. Mainly migraine headaches that have made me miss work. But I'm still here.
    And we're glad you are!

John

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks John!

A great big, HUGE !THANK YOU! to Niels and Dez for the MR. MERCEDES Umbrella promo. This is a great item, much more impressive than I imagined it to be. I'm NOT going to open it! Not even if it rains:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Congrats.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, I too was impressed with the quality of the Umbrella.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey pal, let me know if you got my reply to your PM.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

New Harlan Ellison collection:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. I especially like Buffy in the background. I'm in the process of re-watching all seasons again...

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Is that the Limited or the Trade? I haven't read much Ellison. I rarely see his books selling second hand.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are those LPs or CDs, either way there great.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post

Are those LPs or CDs, either way there great.
    If I'm correct, I think those are the Collector's Box Sets that have both CDs and Vinyl, along with all kinds of limited goodies! I know Led Zeppelin is releasing "Super Deluxe" versions of all their albums. Who'd have thunk vinyl would be making a comeback!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also heard from someone the other day that vinyl is making a comeback. I have such great memories of going to the record store and flipping through all the records.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on your new P&J's!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Yes, those are the Super Deluxe sets (I think that's what they're called), with LPs, CDs, DVDs, books, etc. I will probably never open them. So far Led Zep is up to Houses of the Holy. Next would be Physical Graffiti, the two album set, so that Super Deluxe edition should be really special, and expensive!

The limited and lettered editions of THE TOP OF THE VOLCANO are a few months away from being published. I have one of each coming.

I have a lot of vinyl albums since I've been buying since, damn, 1968 or so (how time flies). Since I keep everything as nice as possible and rarely took the shrink wrap off of them (and it has NEVER yellowed or stuck to anything), they are 99% in the same condition as when I bought them.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    If I'm correct, I think those are the Collector's Box Sets that have both CDs and Vinyl, along with all kinds of limited goodies! I know Led Zeppelin is releasing "Super Deluxe" versions of all their albums. Who'd have thunk vinyl would be making a comeback!
    I had a colleague who had an extensive vinyl collection. He played me some side by side comparisons on his high-end system. In every case the vinyl sounded much better (deeper, richer sound) than the CD. Now this was 25 years ago, and it's possible that CDs or MP3s or whatever have advanced to where this is no longer true. But the demonstration was truly amazing. One I remember especially was Dark Side of the Moon. The CD could not touch the sound coming from the LP.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

What I like about new Vinyl releases is that they usually come with a digital download code so you have both options of how to play/listen to it.

I know there are usually issues with different publishers of books holding eBook rights etc, but it would be cool if special edition books came with a eBook version as well.

I can use neither digital downloads or e-books since I do not have any devices that employ them. I like physical books and CDs and LPs better anyway!
    Here's a picture of some Richard Matheson paperbacks. I had a really nice close up but my PC kind of crashed yesterday and I lost it. It was too much trouble to arrange these so this is all that's left. At least I got some exercise doing this:

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet Matheson!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great, congratulations on these!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice books!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice !!!

Thank you zelig, goheat and Stockerlone. I'd also like to thank my agent, my director, my - oh, sorry, I thought I was at the Oscars!
    Anyway, it took a while but I finally got the two editions of CD's CARRIE I could afford:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

The Carrie's are great, but that Viewmaster is even better! I had one of those as a kid... Wow, those were the days. We didn't need iPads to keep us occupied... And you have the box, and some slides... I think I need to head to eBay and find one! Congrats on the Carrie's....

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you zelig, goheat and Stockerlone. I'd also like to thank my agent, my director, my - oh, sorry, I thought I was at the Oscars!
    Anyway, it took a while but I finally got the two editions of CD's CARRIE I could afford:
    Beautiful, I have the Gift Edition of Carrie and agree that it is beautifully done. I've already pre-ordered the Gift Edition of Salem's Lot! And I second Paul's comments. I had many View Master reels as a youth. I read last week they are making a new version. See HERE.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That new version looks interesting.. Funny how lately things from our childhood are resurfacing.. like I'm seeing vinyl records are making a comeback and being sold at places like Barnes & Noble.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 167 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast