Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 166 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4139

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

THE BRANCH
    THE WIDOWMAKER TRILOGY
    KIRINYAGA
    SANTIAGO
    Hunting the Snark (short novel)

for a start
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Thanks guys!!!

In honor of the late, very great Mike Resnick, here is a picture of my Mike Resnick bookshelf. I sent him a similar image once and I think he was amused by it.

So sorry to hear of Resnick's passing. Although I wasn't a fan (I never really got into SF), I used to buy quite a few zines, convention programs and horror related items from him over the years on eBay. He had quite the history and assorted collection! Always a pleasure to deal with.
    ~Jonathan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

This is the first Mike Resnick book I ever bought. I even remember buying it at a bookstore now long gone, and reading it at lunchtime at work, a few minutes past the buzzer telling us lunch was over I liked it so much.
    I also still remember buying the paperback of DARK FORCES that started me on the road to Perdition, I mean, the road to Stephen King collecting, but I can't remember the name or location of the bookstore.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

THE BRANCH
    THE WIDOWMAKER TRILOGY
    KIRINYAGA
    SANTIAGO
    Hunting the Snark (short novel)

for a start
    Thank ya. I will add a couple to my GROWING reading list!

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    My STAND plaque! I love it!
    Why is it alone? Did it fall off of a box?
    RF acquired some and made them available to members: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1174813
    I assumed my leg was being pulled.
    I am sometimes bad at jokes on the internet...

But hey - great Resnick shelf!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Steve, very nice Resnick collection. I can see how dismayed you must be by his passing. At least his work is well remembered.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I’ve still got to get To the post shop for you. Have those two Institutes to send 👍

Thanks guys!
    Take your time, James!
    Got my FIRE & BLOOD today!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!!!Almost got that and probably should have
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks guys!
    Take your time, James!
    Got my FIRE & BLOOD today!

Beautiful, Steve! Congrats. Sub always makes cool slips too.

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looks to be a great production.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

CONGRATS !!!

Thanks, y'all!

I received the ELEVATION on the right today from The Book Depository, and the one on the left last year. They are not quite identical. The one on the left states special export edition 2019, the one on the right states published in 2020, and they have different ISBN numbers. For the completists only!
    As usual, the picture is much larger and more detailed in my pictures gallery if you forgot your glasses.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice gets!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Thanks Brian!

Got my THE NIGHT DOCTOR AND OTHER TALES from Centipede Press today.
    I have so many Centipede Press books now (I think 5), that I'm considering adding an addition to my house to accommodate them all with fancy built-in bookcases, a sweeping staircase and temperature control.

Country
    Country Flag

Only seems logical.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, you should have done that after 3.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got this one too - wins the 'cover of the year award' for me (sure, we're only 2 weeks in, but...

Could be!

A new THE OUTSIDER is out, HBO tie-in version, 1st thus:

I had to have it, so I made an offer on this Mr. Mercedes Season 3 press kit, and it was accepted! It has a notebook, a stylus with a USB something (I don't understand that) enabling you to watch episodes, I guess, sticky notes, and a colorful booklet, oh boy! Really hard to photograph it without glare using my lousy skills, hence the multitude of pictures. Captain America and Star Sapphire not included!

Country
    Country Flag

Best season thus far IMO. Looks like the end of the road though unless someone else picks it.

I haven't seen it yet. It's a challenge to find the DVDs, which were only available in DVD for the first two seasons for awhile, and now in Blu-ray after I bought them! I'm still impatiently waiting for season three to come out so I can watch it! Same goes for El Camino and a bunch of other stuff, since I don't have streaming, it's very frustrating. I'm currently re-watching Better Call Saul seasons one to three so I can finally watch season four, which has been sitting on my shelf for a while now. I am just starting season three again. And then, FINALLY, I will watch Game of Thrones from start to finish. I have still not seen seasons seven and eight and am tired of avoiding spoilers, although I have not been entirely successful doing so, to my regret. Even the photo on the Blu-ray box of season eight is a blankety-blank spoiler! And if I watch the farce that is called the Oscars (only a farce for the last few years though), I will not have seen half the Best Picture nominees, but I'll probably watch it anyway. The Irishman is impossible for me to see unless I want to drive 40 miles to a theater (which I don't) and I can't stream it, and there is no DVD release date yet, and my feelings for Mr. De Niro have gone into the toilet lately, even though I still think he's a great actor, but I'd watch it anyway because I did go to see JOKER and really liked it, and...I will now quit rambling.

Country
    Country Flag

This is your happy place so ramble away! I really enjoyed The Irishman. Kinda torn whether or not I'd like Joker. I'm not sure it'd move fast enough for me from the previews I've seen.

I HATE watching previews before seeing a movie or TV show. They often skewer the plot in the wrong direction, take things out of sequence, put cut scenes in, etc. I'll watch them AFTER with no problem, since then I've already formed MY opinion of the show on MY terms, without being influenced. Anyway, that's the way I like to do it whenever possible. In this day and age, it's almost impossible to avoid spoilers of upcoming TV shows and movies and books though, but I still try my best. I still haven't seen any previews or TV spots of JOKER, though they're probably on the Blu-Ray, which I bought.

I got this in the mail the other day, have absolutely NO memory of ordering it, and had to have Sub Press confirm that I DID before I removed it from the bubblewarp. I am not GETTING old, I AM old! One of 250 signed (by 43 of the authors, one is a stamp), leatherbound copies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 166 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast