Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165
Results 4,101 to 4,116 of 4116

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Valid suggestions that merit deep consideration.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Being PSYCHO about the works of Robert Bloch, I could not resist this.
    Description from the seller:

Spoiler:
    Serpent:

n.d. [c1978]. Manuscript. Unbound. Near fine. The author's working typescript. Top copy. Signed by the author to first leaf. 198pp, typed recto only. Numerous revisions in pen and strike-throughs (strikes-through?). Evidently a fairly early draft, showing many interesting alterations. Much like his most famous work Psycho, But the Serpent was Coming is a horror novel lacking the supernatural elements most commonly associated with Bloch's work. The book was published first as There's a Serpent in Eden, and then The Cunning. [7162, Hyraxia Books].

Ripper:

New York, Doubleday, 1984. Manuscript. Unbound. Working material for Robert Bloch's Night of the Ripper. 1. Night of the Ripper manuscript. Typed. 338 sheets. Corrected throughout, probably typesetting copy and their corrections. Mostly xeroxed. Signed by Bloch. Assume this is a later typescript. 2. Night of the Ripper galleys. Unbound. 121 sheets, two pages per sheet, single sided. Signed by Bloch. No corrections. 3. Night of the Ripper galleys. Unbound. 121 sheets, two pages per sheet, single sided. Likely editor's copy or similar. Various notes, mostly typed. One note points out in whose hand the three different inks are. A number of annotations are in Bloch's hand. It appears that Bloch had opted to add chapter introductions with relevant details from across the globe and history and has indicated where they should be inserted. There are a handful of corrections by Bloch too. 4. Autograph mss of Bloch's chapter introductions (historical events contrasting the Ripper's murders). 47 notes. Maybe 3,000-5,000 words, 16pp. 5. ~35 Typed chapter introductions (some of the notes in #4 were crossed out, so Bloch presumably never typed them up). 6. ~20 typed sheets with Bloch's corrections. Chapter outlines, story notes and (the majority) a timeline with details of the murders. The chronology is confusing. The galleys (#2 & #3) don't include the chapter intros, but the second galley (#2) has them inserted in typescript. The typescript (#1), however, has the chapter intros in. The (printed) galleys include the corrections made to the typescript. So I don't quite know how they were in the typescript, but not the proof, and then inserted into the proof. Each chapter intro is circled on the typescript so my assumption is that they were removed and then Bloch wanted them back in. They are a little incongruous within the story. [8446, Hyraxia Books].

I've included a couple of amusing sample pages:

https://i.imgur.com/bkl9khf.jpeg
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

AROUND THE WORLD IN EIGHTY DAYS & THE OTHER LOG OF PHILEAS FOGG by Jules Verne and Philip Jose Farmer, THE FULL ACCOUNT, both novels interwoven so we can finally read the TRUE story of what happened to David Ni--- er, Mr. Fogg as he hurried to cash in on his wager, or did he have another agenda in mind, eh?

The 125 copy signed edition and trade paperback. Unfortunately, Messrs. Verne and Farmer were unable to sign, as both were currently occupied in doings involving the space/time continuum and could not be reached.

https://i.imgur.com/OfGMMVP.jpeg

My 49th Hard Case Crime ARC, along with my 2nd ARC of LATER.
    Counting duplicates, I now have 56 HCC ARCS, some doubles bought by mistake, some deliberately.

https://i.imgur.com/i6bYNd1.jpeg

My lettered SLEEPING BEAUTIES was delivered today.
    I now have 6 lettered King books, not counting THE COLORADO KID numbered of 33, and two PC lettered editions.
    I don't think this one will fit on this particular shelf though:

https://i.imgur.com/1JkqO7v.jpeg

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Superamazing new books !!!
    BIG CONGRATS !!

Thanks Frank!

I see that No Reply Press was mentioned in the Suntup thread. As a coincidence I just received four books from them today, two copies each of THE MEN RETURN by Jack Vance and THE LAST QUESTION by Isaac Asimov. I didn't WANT two copies of each but I mis-read their site and thought there were two hardcover states of each. Not true. There is a hardcover and a paperbound state of each, of 350 copies each, for a total of 700 copies.

https://i.imgur.com/dAntF1H.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/UvpL1le.jpeg

Up until today I did not have one of these.
    Now I do.
    The universe has been subtly altered.

https://i.imgur.com/HXJeYsv.jpeg

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

CONGRATS !!!
    I'm sure you wanted 2 of these...
    You wanted to send me a copy.

Frank, I will certainly give your suggestion the attention it deserves.

THE COLORADO KID "letter" number '30', the RED one! Now all I need is the BLUE one to complete the trilogy; my 1310th Stephen King book:

https://i.imgur.com/XMHh0i5.jpeg
    https://i.imgur.com/2Ipqtjm.jpeg

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Very nice!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BLUE

Nice, Frank, here's another one to play LOUD!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GozdIQx1Wow

THE LONG WALK, Centipede Press, 1 of -- Traycased, leatherbound edition limited to 40 signed copies.
    Signed by Bev Vincent, Jim & Ruth Keegan, and Patrick Loehr.

He shrink-wrapped it! Oh, the pain, the pain!

https://i.imgur.com/l4ggKc9.jpeg

Picked up these Robert Bloch paperbacks today, all written in some arcane language I believe has something to do with calling up Cthulhu.
    Every one is signed by Bloch to 'Ingrid', obviously a high-priestess of the blackest arts:

https://i.imgur.com/lWTtnrN.jpeg
    https://i.imgur.com/gp9AYWR.jpeg

Here is my LATE RETURNS numbered.
    My Joe Hill collection is growing by leaps & bounds. I think I have four or maybe five books by him now.

https://i.imgur.com/apqC53e.jpeg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165