+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Maitz, Artist

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Giving the owner of the remarque first right of refusal is an awesome thing to do.
    Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't get this. Don Maitz is the owner, isn't he?

Siep
    Whoever buys the book is "the owner".
    Therefore, the person who buys the book gets first refusal rights to any corresponding sketch.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Giving the owner of the remarque first right of refusal is an awesome thing to do.
    Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't get this. Don Maitz is the owner, isn't he?

Siep
    Maitz is the artist, has the copyright and is selling the original art.
    Fsmdr is the person handling (brokering) the sale(s).
    Each original piece has a matching preliminary sketch. The person who buys one of the original pieces has the first option to buy the preliminary sketch.
    Once the buyer pays for and takes delivery of the art/sketches, that person then owns the piece(s).

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Siep
    Whoever buys the book is "the owner".
    Therefore, the person who buys the book gets first refusal rights to any corresponding sketch.
    Ahhhh...thanks!!

Siep

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

First right of refusal by owner is absolutely the right way to handle the sketches.

As this auction starts on Tuesday the 26th at 10am on a "first come first serve basis," I am likely to be sitting out this sale as I expect to be in a work meeting at that time unless something changes (no, I cannot change the meeting).

These remarques are works of talent and beauty - and that's coming from someone who has never read the book.

Good luck, everyone!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be around, but I'm not certain I have half a grand for a piece of art that is closed up (and thus difficult to display) inside a book. Original art doesn't come cheap, I just like to easily see what I've purchased.
    Who knows, could change my mind....it's happened before.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Not all of the remarques have a corresponding prelim.

If there is anyone who is unable to order at the allocated time, a spouse or a friend might be able to place the order for you at the time. As long as I have the order in hand including the buyer's full information, I will mark the book on hold if it is available. Hope this helps.

Juliana

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Forgive me if posted already...10am PST? That's 1pm EST?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's right, David.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brice. You still interested in that cardboard cutout I have?

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Thanks Brice. You still interested in that cardboard cutout I have?
    The SK standee one? Me, too - me, too! I'll fight ya for it, Brice!

And to get this back on topic . . . I really, really like #13 for some reason and will be doing some major debate between now and the 26th on whether I can afford it. *sigh*

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Don Maitz will be updating his website to add a Stephen King page that displays his work with Knowing Darkness, the Grant Desperation and this remarque project. He will be adding a Question and Answer section to that page. I am compiling interview questions for him. If there is any questions that you would like me to add to the list, please post here or PM me and I will forward it to Don. Thank you.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So there's no chance to adquire just a preliminary for now?

And in case it is available, how much would the shipping for it be?

Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    So there's no chance to adquire just a preliminary for now?

And in case it is available, how much would the shipping for it be?

Thanks!
    Good question, Ari.

The individual prelims will be available for purchase separately on Feb 1st. I know I can ship it International via Priority Mail envelope for $13. I'm sure it's less via Airmail. I will have to wait to receive the prelims to get a packaged weight for an International airmail cost. Domestic shipping for the prelims only should be $5.00 via Priority Mail envelope.

My Mood
    Stressed

Update on the prelims.

You will be very pleased to hear that each prelim and prints have been packaged individually with a foam core and shrinkwrapped in Don's studio. The prelims are actually 6" X 10". They have also been personally labelled with a COA by Don Maitz with the description of the scene. Please excuse the shadows on the photo.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Juliana-

You are doing a magnificent job with this!

My Mood
    Stressed

Juliana-

To tell you the truth, the credit goes to Don. He has not only given us these marvelous remarques, but his atention to detail constantly amazes me. We all have Don to thank for all of this.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Juliana-

To tell you the truth, the credit goes to Don. He has not only given us these marvelous remarques, but his atention to detail constantly amazes me. We all have Don to thank for all of this.
    Well, then we thank you and Don!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Don and Juliana!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, the auction for these starts tomorrow at noon EST. I know it's first-come first-served. What is the procedure? PM you Juliana? How?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I think the sale starts at 1pm EST.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Actually, I think the sale starts at 1pm EST.
    Yes, my bad! 1pm EST

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wiz, FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Thank you for everyone's patience. The prelims will initially be sold in conjuntion with the corresponding books only. Giving the owner of the remarque first right of refusal.

The sale date for the books and it's corresponding prelims will be the on the 26th of January. Orders will be accepted at 10:00 AM PST and not before. Please email your order to :

bluesky310@sbcglobal.net

The cost of the remarqued book with the signed prints are $395 including free Domestic Priority shipping for all tdt.com members. The prelims are $50. Shipping to canada is $28 and $35 to Europe. Please include in your email:

Your 1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice of your remarque and prelim if applicable
    Your tdt.com member ID
    Your Paypal address

Please do not send payment until I have sent a confirmation that the book is available. The books are allocated by first come, 1st served. Orders for the prelims only will be accepted on Feb 1st starting at 10:00 AM PST.

Link to the full line-up of the remarques:
    http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/...ies/maitz.html

I hope I've covered everything. I will try to update here as soon as I know which of the remarques has been sold. My first priority is to get the orders down accurately. All of the above info will be added to the top of page 1 of this thread. Thank you so much to everyone for your support. It’s truly a pleasure for me to be able to offer this project.

Juliana

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome. I'm sure I should have found that out on my own. Lazy bones I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast