Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Maitz, Artist

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

According to Don, his next remarque will be on buzzard. Can't wait to see what he has in store.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oooooo!!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    You should have him write, number and sign some version of the above explanation on nice parchment-type paper, and have it serve as the provenance of each remarqued edition...basically, it would be his version of what Dameron did with those cool signed cards for DT III remarqued edition.

Thanks for the suggestion, Rahfa. I'll forward it to Don.

My Mood
    Stressed

My apologies for not having any new remarques lately to show. Don was away on a road trip to an artist convention. But now that Thanksgiving is over, he had been hard at work to complete a few more. 3 more remarques was done over the weekend.

Remarque number 8:

Remarque number 9:

Remarque number 10:

I really like the remarque for Can Tah. It's rather unique and unusual.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are all impressive!

Of course, I still haven't read the book.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick, don't make me come after you with a switch!!

Juliana, those are absolutely wonderful! How on earth am I going to decide which one I want to vie for??

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the way he worked in the noose in the vulture remarque.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

#10 is really, really good...one of the most unique remarques I've seen among the Whelan/Dameron/Maitz collections...maybe not the best, but very unique. That's the kind of little detail I really like to see - takes the item out of the realm of imagination.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

They are amazing!!!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE them!! And, as with the Dameron remarque series, they seem to be getting better as the artists get 'warmed up'.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    My apologies for not having any new remarques lately to show. Don was away on a road trip to an artist convention. But now that Thanksgiving is over, he had been hard at work to complete a few more. 3 more remarques was done over the weekend.

Remarque number 8:

Remarque number 9:

Remarque number 10:

I really like the remarque for Can Tah. It's rather unique and unusual.
    Juliana-

I can see the first two but not the third??? Weird. Very nice indeed!

Don was away at Illuxcon in PA two weeks ago. Michael Whelan was there as well.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I can't see the third one, either, Wiz. You and I ... early mornings ... Just like the olden days!

Very cool, though, the one's I can see !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm not seeing the third image either.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I don't see it anymore, either. But it was there less than two hours ago! Too bad really, because the third was the best, IMO.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

These are ace, just need to read the book now to see what they all mean. Oh and i can see all 3 pics!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Same happens to me. Can't see the last one.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Third is missing.

My Mood
    Stressed

Here is the remarque number 10 again:

Gretchen,
    Very simple, buy one for here and another for the road.

Btw, just a reminder if anyone wants to compare the remarques, it's always updated and posted here :
    http://fsmdr.angelfire.com/desperation_remarque/

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I could see the third one all along.

This is some disturbing stuff!

Good...but disturbing.

I am considering buying one of the above three if they are available when the time comes (not the bloody one).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I MAY consider buying one myself. When you figure in all I have bought this year though, I'm pretty well tapped out. Maybe I'll hit the lottery.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Stressed

It's going to be hard for me to part with these remarques. On hand and looking at it full sized, they are spectacular. I really like #10 as well. I think it's the 'note' that brings together the image of the Can Tah so well. Very interesting remarque.

If you reread Desperation, you will realize that it is a rather gruesome book. Many of the scenes are full of gore and such. It's also filled with lots of animals and the desert dust. It's been interesting pick and choose images to depict. We are half way done on the remarques. 9 more to come.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I could see the third one all along.
    Me too. Must be a California thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    This is some disturbing stuff!

Good...but disturbing.
    Yes.

My Mood
    Stressed

I was asking Don about his selection of particular scenes to portray. He gave me some interesting information on it that I thought I will share:

I listen to the recorded book ( with King as the narrator) and latch onto descriptions that seem to grab me and have importance to the context of the book. I prefer to present the twisted bits in the story because that is what the novel is about, more so than the heros' actions within the story. I feel that were I to have illustrated a Gunslinger book , and did those remarques, I would have focused upon Roland as those books are essentially his story. In Desperation, David, Mary, Steve, and Johnny are all play the parts of heros so, I decided to feature the strange behavior of what opposes them instead upon picturing the characters themselves. It is creepier- and it is a very creepy book.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

King recorded Desperation?

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It was Kathy Bates on mine.
    For Info King did...
    The Gunslinger
    The Drawing of the Three
    The Waste Lands. Afterword only by King.
    Carrie. Intro only by King.
    Salem's Lot. Intro only by King.
    Needful Things
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes Vol 1 - Introduction by King and Head Down
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes Vol 2 - Home Delivery
    Nightmares and Dreamscapes Vol 3 - It Grows on You and Notes
    Rose Madder - Part by King
    The Green Mile - Part by King
    Bag of Bones
    The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon - Part by King
    Hearts in Atlantis - Part by King
    On Writing