Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Maitz, Artist

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I love the preliminary painting with the tendrils or webs coming out of the books on the floor that is a really cool idea/concept. It's a shame he dropped that.

Those are really cool, thanks for sharing.
    Is redrum actually in the book I can't remember?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    "They faded. Now he was in a room filled with strange furniture, a room that was dark. Snow spattered against the windows like thrown sand. His mouth was dry, his eyes like hot marbles, his heart triphammering in his chest. Outside there was a hollow booming noise, like a dreadful door being thrown wide. Footfalls. Across the room was a mirror, and deep down in its silver bubble a single word appeared in green fire and that word was: REDRUM."

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for all the great feedback guys in recognition of Don's work.

One of the other pieces I acquired (not yet received) is Danny in Room 217. Don speaks a bit about it here....

Danny in 217 is another scene where I went for ominous rather than the gross out. King does that too well in the story and I did not want to do a give away reveal. It is more interesting to be with Danny as he peeks around the curtain in uncertain dread than actually seeing what is behind the curtain. I vaguely show a dark shadow and there are hints of acid green surrounding the tub. This is the same green I used on the cover in the chimney smoke, within the scrap book Jack is holding in the basement, and in the horizontal painting you have within the wavy wallpaper pattern and the ethereal hand. The "green" ectoplasmic theme represents the presence of the hotel and it's ominous control it has over both Jack and Danny......

Look closely, it's in the tub and around Danny. As Don mentions, it can be found in the "Overlook", "Under the Overlook" and "Jack Attacks" as well. Pretty cool.....

Last edited by AKC; 02-12-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's even MORE COOL Tim that you will all green themed pieces from the book. Just wow brother.... The cover will be the man himself but what a prized collection you have man.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Outstanding, gentlemen!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, wow, wow. Really looking forward to this one!

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just talked to Don.

He is headed to Illuxcon tomorrow AM and the van is all packed up with his artwork. Looks and sounds to be a fascinating event. Held in Allentown, PA at an Art Museum where artists display ORIGINAL ART ONLY (no prints) for purchase.

http://www.illuxcon.com

Regarding the remaining ORIGINAL Shining pieces, he has 3 left.

- Overlook in the Fall
    - Danny Shines
    - The Lion and Halloran

It is my understanding that all 3 will be on display at the event this week.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Across the room was a mirror, and deep down in its silver bubble a single word appeared in green fire and that word was: REDRUM."
    Thanks

Country
    Country Flag

Received my 3 Original Don Maitz "The Shining" pieces back from the frame shop today.......WOW Mr. Maitz...WOW.
    Was going for an old hotel, more ornate look. Where one could envision these hanging in the halls of the Overlook.

"Jack Attacks" - Original Cover Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

"Under the Overlook" - Original Interior Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

"Danny in Room 217" - Original Interior Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

Last edited by AKC; 05-12-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Wait until you see what, Mr. Maitz has in store for the HF this year!!!! He's a staunch supporter and never ceases to amaze!!!! Visit his site: http://www.paravia.com/DonMaitz/website/index.html
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Those are beautiful Tim. Finding where Don signs his name is always fun. I had to look for a while to find it in "Jack Attacks" but I finally did. Congratulations on three fantastic pieces of art.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OMG! Those are incredible. Congratulations Tim.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Superior art and framing.
    You better have significant wall space in your villa.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just amazing. Oh my heavens I am so in awe...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those paintings are absolutely MAGICAL!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pay close attention.

Imagine if you will. Don Maitz and another renowned artist collaborate...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Pay close attention.

Imagine if you will. Don Maitz and another renowned artist collaborate...

STFU LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip will become famous soon enough Bunyip's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Those are beautiful Tim. Finding where Don signs his name is always fun. I had to look for a while to find it in "Jack Attacks" but I finally did. Congratulations on three fantastic pieces of art.
    Yep, the first one is sneaky.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Received my 3 Original Don Maitz "The Shining" pieces back from the frame shop today.......WOW Mr. Maitz...WOW.
    Was going for an old hotel, more ornate look. Where one could envision these hanging in the halls of the Overlook.

"Jack Attacks" - Original Cover Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

"Under the Overlook" - Original Interior Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

"Danny in Room 217" - Original Interior Artwork for Cemetery Dance Publication of The Shining

Sweet!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For the record, Don Maitz has gone above and beyond anything one could expect on behalf of the Haven Fund. There are things in the works, and this item.........well, he is just amazing!!!

He has a few projects coming and you can all show any and all appreciation by visiting his website for news, collectibles and truly wonderful art.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

New, Don Maitz "Desperation" poster w/ original signature and remarque is now available!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some sample images from the first 25 CD "The Shining" remarques for your review........

Released by the artist, Don Maitz for your review.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so excited!

Country
    Country Flag

Those are just a couple. I have seen many more and they are all amazing. He really knocked it out of the park on these.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast