Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Maitz, Artist

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    And the prelim. not sold go for sale on Feb 1st, right?
    Yes, Ari. The prelims only will be available after 10:00 AM PST Feb 1st. I still have to get the shipping quote to you as I would like to sandwitch the prelims in 2 hard cardboards before shipping. I didn't forget.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Update on inventory:

# 3 - Pending with prelim
    # 4 - Pending
    # 5 - Pending
    # 6 - Sold with prelim
    # 10 - Sold
    # 11 - Sold with prelim
    # 14 - Sold with prelim
    # 13 - Sold with prelim
    # 15 - Sold with prelim
    # 16 - Pending
    # 17 - Sold
    Alright...dumb question...are the missing numbers (1,2,7, etc...) unsold, or were they not available at all?

Does pending mean sold, waiting for confirmed payment?

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Ari. The prelims only will be available after 10:00 AM PST Feb 1st. I still have to get the shipping quote to you as I would like to sandwitch the prelims in 2 hard cardboards before shipping. I didn't forget.
    THANKS!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Good question, Rahfa.

I didn't word it right. The missing numbers are the ones available. Pending as in order received but payment not received yet. Sold as in paid and shipped. Some are from overseas, so it will be awhile before their 'regular' hours to send in the payment.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Copyright argument is complex. I find it difficult to believe that Mr. Maitz will sell an ORIGINAL piece of art, and then constrict (restrict?) the buyer to being unable to even publish a "photo" of the art. So in perpetuity, without permission from Maitz, the owner of the original piece can sell it, but can not post an image of the item they are selling.
    Good luck Mr. Maitz.
    An ebay photo would probably fall under fair use...nobody would argue that the seller is trying to profit directly from the photo image on an ebay page, which is kind of the crux of it (the sale, yes, but not the actual reproduced photo)...if you had a really hi-rez photo, though, then the argument gets a little grayer...and it's cut and dry that you can't take a picture, and sell the copy....but once someone owns a property, it's going to be difficult to argue they can't take a picture of property they own. There's no copyright infringement on that sort of reproduction.

But, I believe JD Salinger had some personal letters that could not be reproduced or quoted from...when the owner went to sell them, the contents could only be paraphrased, minus a couple of sentences of fair use direct quotes.

I do know galleries will take art under loan where the artist has not allowed the use of the art in their promotional material. But that's a loan agreement...not sure how it works for sales.

Moot point...if somebody bought a remarque and went to resell it later, I don't see anyone complaining to pull the auction! Haha...

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From what I see on The Collector's website, here is the list of remarques that have accompanying sketches. If I am mistaken on any please let me know and I'll correct them. This is for those interested.

#1 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #2 - Preliminary sketch
    #3 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #4 - Preliminary sketch
    #5 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #6 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #7 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #8 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #9 - Preliminary sketch
    #10 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #11 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #12 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #13 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #14 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #15 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #16 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #17 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #18 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #19 - Preliminary sketch

There are three sketches that don't correspond to a remarque: the cop's head with spiders hanging off it, the bat, and the tentacle/sucker things on the motorcycle helmet.

If I've missed something, let me know and I'll fix it.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Juliana, I have a question for you. IF one of the buyers decides they do want the accompanying sketch, can they still buy it prior to Feb. 1 and pay the extra shipping?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    From what I see on The Collector's website, here is the list of remarques that have accompanying sketches. If I am mistaken on any please let me know and I'll correct them. This is for those interested.

#1 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #2 - Preliminary sketch
    #3 - (no matching Preliminary sketch that I see, but according to Fsmdr prelim sale pending with book)
    #4 - Preliminary sketch
    #5 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #6 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #7 - (I don't think this one has a corresponding preliminary sketch, but I may be wrong)
    #8 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #9 - Preliminary sketch
    #10 - Preliminary sketch (prelim not yet sold)
    #11 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #12 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #13 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #14 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #15 - Preliminary sketch (prelim sold)
    #16 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #17 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #18 - NO Preliminary sketch
    #19 - Preliminary sketch

There are two sketches that don't correspond to a remarque, the bat and the tentacle/sucker things on the motorcycle helmet.

If I've missed something, let me know and I'll fix it.
    Thank for the correction, yes, #3 does not have a prelim. There is actually 3 prelim that has no remarque. Add the cop with hat and spider.

Sam, yes, if any of the prelims not sold with the book will be open for order on Feb 1st. The cost is $50 plus $5 Priority shipping.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I just want to extend my gratitude to, of course, Don Maitz who has given us these amazing work and also to David at Betts Book and Tomas at SK Collector who had so generously added the sale announcement to their site.

THANK YOU everyone!. This is a lot of fun.
    No love for www.thedarktower.org ?

My Mood
    Stressed

It might be easier for me to list what is available:

Remarque:

Prelims:

- Cop with birds (remarque #9)
    - Cop with large hat and spiders
    - Can-Tah ( remarque #10)
    - Bat
    - Wolf Cloud

5 of the prelims still available out of the original 13 listed.

My Mood
    Stressed

I just want to extend my gratitude to, of course, Don Maitz who has given us these amazing work and also to David at Betts Book and Tomas at SK Collector who had so generously added the sale announcement to their site.

More than love, Jerome!. This site's has been the reason all this project got started. Matt has been more than kind to let me do this here. I appreciate each and every comment received here too. A large donation to Haven Foundation and free shipping to all my buddies at www.tdt.com.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

More than love, Jerome!. This site's has been the reason all this project got started. Matt has been more than kind to let me do this here. I appreciate each and every comment received here too. A large donation to Haven Foundation and free shipping to all my buddies at www.tdt.com.
    Double hugs.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Double hugs.
    Thanks Juliana--this has been a really rewarding experience for all of us and your donations have been a great addition to the fundraiser. I can't wait to auction the last one I have from you.

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Country
    Country Flag

Last one?

Do you have a picture to share Matt?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Intriguing, Juliana and Matt.

I was off the site all day. Congrats to everyone here who purchased a remarque. It would be interesting to see the final list matching up buyers and their remarques (of course, only to the extent that buyers want to go public).
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm on record for owning #15 and #13, with prelims.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

I'm the owner of prelim #10 and the prelim that goes with it.

My Mood
    Stressed

Update on inventory. These below are the only ones left without an order:

Dang it...18 and 19 were both favorites of mine...why do they still have to be available? Haha...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Dang it...18 and 19 were both favorites of mine...why do they still have to be available? Haha...
    To tempt you.

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    To tempt you.
    And they are STILL available.....

I hear them calling your name......

My Mood
    Stressed

Last one?

Don also donated a beautiful slipcased S/L copy of his own artbook: Dreamquest: The art Of Don Maitz. It was also remarqued by Don. It was auctioned off a few weeks ago for the Haven Foundation. ( I hope you don't mind that I post a photo of it, Matt).

Country
    Country Flag

I knew about that one. I thought Matt was saying there is a second Maitz book to be auctioned.

My Mood
    Stressed

I knew about that one. I thought Matt was saying there is a second Maitz book to be auctioned.
    I will leave that one for Matt....

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Last one?

Don also donated a beautiful slipcased S/L copy of his own artbook: Dreamquest: The art Of Don Maitz. It was also remarqued by Don. It was auctioned off a few weeks ago for the Haven Foundation. ( I hope you don't mind that I post a photo of it, Matt).

Cool book. I wonder who won it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast