Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Maitz, Artist

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Ah, the Grant Gift edition...missed that totally...duh.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dameron remarques are done in water color, and I have not see any issues. Ned told me he has been very careful to blot them quickly.

19 has been done to death Juliana....you ought to make it 18 or 20.

Don is a very talented artist, and I look forward to seeing the remarques. I like the remarques that I have recently seen better than his original illustrations for the book.

It will be interesting to see how these sell compared to the Dameron remarques. On their own, the books are valued about the same. The two factors that will drive the price is the quality of the art and the love of the story IMO.

I was not a huge fan of Desperation, but if I saw that remarque from the previous page up for sale, I would consider buying it if the price was in my budget.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the chance of looking the illustration Don made based on Duma Key (that will appear in Knowing Darkness).

I think it might be the best illustration of the whole book!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

It's one of my favorites of the new material in that book, too.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Juliana, that is beautiful! Can't wait to see the watercolor!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Yes, his Duma Key illustration is impressive.

I also like, from what I have seen, that his remarques tend to be detailed. Although, Ned Dameron has really raised the bar on future remarques. I really think Ned has outdone himself.

It will be fun to see a 13 year old book brought back to life. From the ideas I have heard from Don, so far, it sound amazing.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Good news!. I just received a scan of Don's first completed remarque. It is the opening scene in the book with the car rushing by the speed limit sign with the dead cat tied on it. It is the first 'sign' that things are not right on the road to Desperation. Notice the wolf shaped cloud over the car.

Last edited by Fsmdr; 10-22-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Added 'Art © Don Maitz' by Don's request to the images. Note: It will not appear in the original art.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Wow...I think we're going to see a Dameron-Maitz draw-off...they're raising the game.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm speechless. INCREDIBLE!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Stressed

This is the signed print that will be included with the remarqued book:

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Stunning. Whelan, Dameron, and Maitz are going to change the definition of "artist remarqued" if they aren't careful keep putting this sort of stuff out for comsumption.

Spoiler:
    Btw, Dameron's "Gasher" went for HUGE dollars on ebay.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Juliana-

That is most excellent!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn! That is one sweet remarque!

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

it looks great alright.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    Juliana, I cannot see the print.

That is one nice remarque!

On a related topic, I just posted a picture of the limitation card/prints that Ned sent me to include with his remarqued books in the Ned Dameron thread.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

That is beautiful!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

That is one nice remarque!

On a related topic, I just posted a picture of the limitation card/prints that Ned sent me to include with his remarqued books in the Ned Dameron thread.
    Close your browser/clear cookies/cache and retry. I couldn't initially see the Dameron card, but now can.

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

Close your browser/clear cookies/cache and retry. I couldn't initially see the Dameron card, but now can.
    Thank you, Jerome. If that does not clear the problem, feel free to PM me with email address and I will send it as an attachment.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Huh...I did what you said Jerome and still cannot see it.

Can everybody else see it?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I can't, either. Figured it was just me. The remarque, yes, but not the print.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Good news!. I just received a scan of Don's first completed remarque. It is the opening scene in the book with the car rushing by the speed limit sign with the dead cat tied on it. It is the first 'sign' that things are not right on the road to Desperation. Notice the wolf shaped cloud over the car.

I see it

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I can see that one (the remarque) but not the print Juliana - then Ari - posted (#s 36 & 38 ).

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Got it

I thought it was the remarque missing.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast