Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Maitz, Artist

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Lazy bones I am.
    That sounds like Yoda speak.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3sQxwM52Y"]YouTube- Talk Like Yoda Day - Vacation[/ame]

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Thank you Jerome for posting the info.

Yes David, the orders are taken only after 10:00 AM PST by email only : Email. The reasoning is that the emails will have a date stamp and therefore accurately shows the order of the incoming emails. I will not accept orders by PMs for that reason. Not only that, the PMs have a limit to the number of posts which might be a problem. Hope this answer some of the question. Feel free to let me know if there is anything else I might have left out.

Juliana
    Last edited by Fsmdr; 01-03-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Email removed as sale has ended

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am not trying tomorrow, but it sounds like a good strategy would be to have the email composed and the instant your computer (assuming your on windows time) hits 10:00 am (PST) hit send.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Giving the owner of the remarque first right of refusal is an awesome thing to do.
    Please forgive my ignorance, but I don't get this. Don Maitz is the owner, isn't he?

Siep
    Maitz is the artist, has the copyright and is selling the original art.
    Fsmdr is the person handling (brokering) the sale(s).
    Each original piece has a matching preliminary sketch. The person who buys one of the original pieces has the first option to buy the preliminary sketch.
    Once the buyer pays for and takes delivery of the art/sketches, that person then owns the piece(s).
    If I may also elaborate on the copyright issue. This is a something that Don has discussed at length with me in the past and also recently. I thought you might also be interested what Don has to say regarding it. Posted below are some of his comments.

When these remarques and sketches are sold, the buyer becomes the owner of the original art. He can sell or trade or destroy the original art ( although I hope they don't !). They can peel it out of the book and frame it, they can laminate, and mutilate the item itself. But, the owner cannot reproduce the art, as that is the purview of the copyright owner. Any reproduction of the art needs to have the copyright owner's ( the artist's) permission. This includes if the owner wishes to take a photo and place the image on ebay - which is still considered a reproduction with the intent to publish. In fact, any posting of the art in the web needs to seek the permission of the copyright owner.

I hope the above might clarify the question on copyright of art. The images posted here are by permission of Don and all images posted by Tomas at Sk Collector are also by permission. There also an article regarding copyright that another collector had forwarded to me:
    http://digitalartmuseum.com/newsletter/review.html

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Copyright argument is complex. I find it difficult to believe that Mr. Maitz will sell an ORIGINAL piece of art, and then constrict (restrict?) the buyer to being unable to even publish a "photo" of the art. So in perpetuity, without permission from Maitz, the owner of the original piece can sell it, but can not post an image of the item they are selling.
    Good luck Mr. Maitz.

My Mood
    Stressed

Not really, Jerome. We are only stating the right to reproduce it. The remarques will include a signed print, which has Don Maitz's contact information on it. I am sure it is not an issue a buyer has to be worried about. Don is just asking that he be made aware if his art are being shown publicly.

I was not aware of this either since most of us are book collectors and not art collectors. Keeping in mind that this is the artist livelihood, it's just common courtesy to ask the artist before. Just like I would have asked you if I wanted to quote publicly elsewhere something that you had written.

My Mood
    Stressed

24 more minutes to go everyone.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    24 more minutes to go everyone.
    I am ready and waiting!!!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Stressed

Pending sale:

# 3
    # 4
    # 5
    # 6
    # 10
    # 11
    # 14
    # 13
    # 15
    # 16
    # 17
    Last edited by Fsmdr; 01-26-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: added list

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It has started y'all! Who's in it to win it?!?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like I missed the one I really wanted, but I did get one of the remarques. Who else got one?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I scored #15 Diablo Cave and #13 Black Widow spiders and spoon! I am thrilled! Also am taking the prelims as well.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pending sale:

# 3
    # 4
    # 5
    # 6
    # 10
    # 11
    # 14
    # 13
    # 15
    # 16
    # 17
    11 of 19 sold in the first 23 minutes. DAMN! That's pretty fine! Nice job.

Country
    Country Flag

I scored #10, but I passed on the prelim. I tried for #11 and the prelim, but someone beat mt to it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Pending sale:

# 3
    # 4
    # 5
    # 6
    # 10
    # 11
    # 14
    # 13
    # 15
    # 16
    # 17
    11 of 19 sold in the first 23 minutes. DAMN! That's pretty fine! Nice job.
    I'd say it's probably more like they all sold in the first two minutes, but I could be wrong. Great job.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I scored #10, but I passed on the prelim. I tried for #11 and the prelim, but someone beat mt to it.
    Good one Sam! Number 11 was one that was my third choice in case I didn't get either of my first two. Am glad I did, because someone else likely had beat me to #11.

My e-mail was ready and the split second my computer clock hit 1:00pm I hit send. Mind you, I had no idea how long it would take to cross the country and find its way into Juliana's mail box. I though of sending at 12:59 my time, but I was afraid Juliana would look at the time stamp on my send, not the time stamp on her receiving it. Therefore played it safe. Who else thinks I overanalyzed the situation? <All hands in the class immediately go up >

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for saving me $450, David! You beat me on #13 by seconds . . .

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    Thanks for saving me $450, David! You beat me on #13 by seconds . . .
    Awwww

Country
    Country Flag

#10 was my third choice, someone beat me to my first (#11) AND second (#5) choices. I was very surprised, because I did like you and as soon as the computer changed I hit send.

Hey Gretchen, remember that David got two books. You might can convince him to part with one. Of course this IS David, so good luck. I believe in you.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, everyone! I'm curious to see who got the other remarques

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting results.

David, I probably overanalyzed as well. I sent my e-mail at 11:59AM Central which was one minute too early. I realized my error and resent an e-mail a few seconds after 12:00PM.

I got my first choice which was #17. It was far and away my favorite. I am surprised that my second choice #12 seems to be still unsold.

I listed #11 and #8 as my 3rd and 4th choices.

This was a lot of fun.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations to all!

So, how many are still available and how many preliminars?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Stressed

Update.

I've gotten 7 of the remarques packed and will be shipping them out today. I will send out Shipping updates by email today. It's taking me a little while to get everything packed as I am triple checking all my orders.

Basically, 11 orders are received by 10:03 AM PST. Some might have came in at exact the same time, but I went by the order the emails at 10:00 AM and after. I had used both a manual order form and an excell spread sheet together to cross check all incoming orders. So, I am quite confident that it was filled correctly.

I just want to extend my gratitude to, of course, Don Maitz who has given us these amazing work and also to David at Betts Book and Tomas at SK Collector who had so generously added the sale announcement to their site.

THANK YOU everyone!. This is a lot of fun.

My Mood
    Stressed

Update on inventory:

# 3 - Pending with prelim
    # 4 - Pending
    # 5 - Pending
    # 6 - Sold with prelim
    # 10 - Sold
    # 11 - Sold with prelim
    # 14 - Sold with prelim
    # 13 - Sold with prelim
    # 15 - Sold with prelim
    # 16 - Pending
    # 17 - Sold

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And the prelim. not sold go for sale on Feb 1st, right?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast