Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Don Maitz, Artist

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

just saw this, I will try to check mine tonight.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An hour ago I received mu remarqued AE.
    Love the Glenn Chadbourne remarque (hated my Carrie, liked my 'Salem's Lot remarque) - and the Don Maitz remarque is....what's the word, excellent.
    I have seen others I would have preferred, but not complaining here!
    And no, there's no number on the back - or front.

Now where do I place my Chadbourne remarque?
    There's no thread yet, is there?
    I'll begin one.

sk

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I received what is labeled up-thread as #19:

No pencil writing on the back that I could discern.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is my Don Maitz Remarque from my Shining Portfolio matched to my The Shining AE #95. Similar to one produced for the tipped-in remarques for the books, but I love how detailed it is, particularly in Halloran's facial features. I've looked, but I can't find the 'Maitz' in the actual illustration. Can anyone else?

WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Here is my Don Maitz Remarque from my Shining Portfolio matched to my The Shining AE #95. Similar to one produced for the tipped-in remarques for the books, but I love how detailed it is, particularly in Halloran's facial features. I've looked, but I can't find the 'Maitz' in the actual illustration. Can anyone else?

[IMG][/IMG]

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice remarques!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice one, Seth!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

From Don Maitz:

I recently completed an oil painting commission featuring Roland Deschain, from the popular Stephen King novels and had taken "in process" pictures, assembled them, and sent them to a fan of my wife, Janny Wurts’s writing , who placed them into a video format. Janny uploaded the feature to youtube for viewing. I received an ok to paint the character from Stephen King through his secretary and received from her a positive response to the video. A lot of Dark Tower members are Gunslinger readers ( my deductive reasoning from the name of the website) …and many have interest in how something like this might be done, so a "How To” video might ring a bell in the Tower community.

-Don
    http://www.paravia.com/DonMaitz
    donmaitz@paravia.com

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

i about shit a gold brick becaise i thought carlos detweiler was back (then i looked at the date)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for sharing this!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    From Don Maitz:

I recently completed an oil painting commission featuring Roland Deschain, from the popular Stephen King novels and had taken "in process" pictures, assembled them, and sent them to a fan of my wife, Janny Wurts’s writing , who placed them into a video format. Janny uploaded the feature to youtube for viewing. I received an ok to paint the character from Stephen King through his secretary and received from her a positive response to the video. A lot of Dark Tower members are Gunslinger readers ( my deductive reasoning from the name of the website) …and many have interest in how something like this might be done, so a "How To” video might ring a bell in the Tower community.

-Don
    http://www.paravia.com/DonMaitz
    donmaitz@paravia.com

Cool one minute video. Nice painting, too.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don Maitz and Cat in Repose:

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, love his studio cute cat

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Some originals available for sale at IX Gallery:

http://www.ixgallery.com/artbyexhibition.asp?eId=992
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

#32, 33, and 34 are cool. Great price on #32.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked #68. Can’t go wrong with Captain Morgan!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree. My friend absolutely loves Captain Morgan and Coke. I think I'll point it out to him.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the prelim to 34. I am really tempted to pick up the final piece to go with it.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

TIL Don Maitz created the original Captain Morgan character.

In addition to numbers 32, 33, and 34 that Jerome pointed out, #20 from THE TALISMAN limited edition is pretty cool, too.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

In addition to numbers 32, 33, and 34 that Jerome pointed out, #20 from THE TALISMAN limited edition is pretty cool, too.

The original painting (~36"x48" in size) on display at a Tampa art museum circa 2015:

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

The original painting (~36"x48" in size) on display at a Tampa art museum circa 2015:

Nice! Now I’ll have to buy a bottle. You know, just for the artwork.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just awesome work!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Don Maitz has the remaining pieces of art from The Stand for sale. The first website also lists some other artists you may be familiar with:

https://ix-online.com/mainshow.asp

http://www.ixgallery.com/artbyexhibi...ZxSwJDMfTvqWVM

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, thanks so much for posting the above; I am now the proud owner of the acrylic sketch for Gunslinger of the Eld!

"Making of" video: https://youtu.be/yjTD54xLh6A

Page: https://ix-online.com/boothpiece.asp?pid=3857

Pretty sure someone here owns the final painting, I've seen it before but don't remember where.

Here's his page with all of The Stand artwork; I really like Atomic Hand and Bumpty-Bump: https://ix-online.com/booth-ix.asp?bid=276
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a great image. I considered it myself, but already spent $3K on a Maitz original oil on canvas depicting Randall Flagg from The Stand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast