Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie character of all time? ONLY TWO ADVANCE!

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ed Bloom (Big Fish)

2 5.56%
  • Neo (The Matrix trilogy)

8 22.22%
  • Mr. Pink (Reservoir Dogs)

4 11.11%
  • Vito Corleone (The Godfather)

10 27.78%
  • Clark Griswold (National Lampoon films)

3 8.33%
  • Raymond Babbitt (Rain Man)

3 8.33%
  • Red (The Shawshank Redemption)

6 16.67%
  • Police Chief Martin Brody (Jaws)

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: BMCOAT - Round 2, Group C

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    i kinda liked how his character (or him rather) was kind of distant and didnt show emotion. shit that's how i would be if i found out i was just a crop being harvested by machines.
    But that's only an accident because Keanu is wooden and can't act. It's not as if he put a lot of effort into playing the character. He was just his usual dull, wooden self.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

i kinda liked how his character (or him rather) was kind of distant and didnt show emotion. shit that's how i would be if i found out i was just a crop being harvested by machines.
    i could agree with this statement if (and only if) he didn't "play" the same character in every other movie he has been in.

Spoiler:
    (except bill and ted.)

Spoiler:
    SAN DIMAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL RULZ!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well that's what im saying. i mean i knew he didnt mean too, but it just kinda worked out
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

well that's what im saying. i mean i knew he didnt mean too, but it just kinda worked out
    It didn't for me. It ruined the movie and turned me off to the series.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    You misunderstand. I meant that Neo was supposed to be 3 dimensional, not a cardboard cut out.
    I understood; I just don't think you're right to put so much emphasis on the performance. I wouldn't vote for him because Morpheus was the better character, anyway.
    That's all.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

why is ed bloom trailing peoples?????????? his character was a beautiful character and it was played fantastic well by both actors

just to jump in on the NOT NEO to win, i agree that the first matrix film was very good and the neo character looked like it may go somewhere but the 2nd and 3rd films killed the character for me as it stayed stuck in the same mould and did not develop any further.

just my two pence worth

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually really enjoyed the idea behind Matrix. I just thought the execution of that idea was kinda fucked up. But I liked Hugo Weaving's Agent Smith.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    I actually really enjoyed the idea behind Matrix.
    No one's arguing with that.

I agree with candy; the best that can be said about Neo was that at one point it looked as though he might become a better character.

*sigh* Still looks like he's going to win, tho... no new votes.
    But maybe Ed Bloom will catch up!

Well, catch up a little more, anyway? Maybe?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Someone has to save this thing from the Savior! Oh, what a delicious piece of irony!

Vito is only one vote away ...
    i gave him my vote, hoping someone else would do the same so that we can make sure that neo doesn't continue on.

i notice that no one has openly admitted to voting for him.
    I voted for him , on the basis of the first movie alone, which would imo have been better with out the other 2 films.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post

But maybe Ed Bloom will catch up!
    fingers crossed

Country
    Country Flag

agent smith and morpheus were by far the best characters of the movies. but neo is, well neo. kinda hard to explain beyond that
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

agent smith and morpheus were by far the best characters of the movies. but neo is, well neo. kinda hard to explain beyond that
    Yeah, sure. Admit it -- you guys just want to have his powers.

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Someone has to save this thing from the Savior! Oh, what a delicious piece of irony!

i gave him my vote, hoping someone else would do the same so that we can make sure that neo doesn't continue on.

I voted for him , on the basis of the first movie alone, which would imo have been better with out the other 2 films.
    I can't do that, and that's why so many characters are out of the running for me. If a character rocks in one movie but sucks in four sequels, that's 4:1 against so s/he is right out. For example, I couldn't vote for Bond because it was all Bonds and I don't think all Bonds were good.

The first Matrix was all right, but it was an out-and-out retelling of an old Outer Limits story (or was it a Twilight Zone? I forget exactly. I'm leaning toward Outer Limits, though.) so the storyline isn't exactly as innovative as it seemed. Likewise, "bullet time" was nothing new; it was just used A. LOT. Hugo Weaving was great, though.

EDIT: I don't need to put "I believe/I feel/I think/In my opinion" in front of all that, right? You guys realize I'm not making a blanket claim but am merely stating my opinion. WOOF!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Come on Red ! ...

Country
    Country Flag

hell yeh i'd love to have his powers! haha
    I'm kind of a big deal.

My Mood
    Worried

hell yeh i'd love to have his powers! haha
    Not me. I'd rather be Maurice, Samantha's father from the original Bewitched.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTMsXhm5iak"]Plus. Witch powers. DUH![/ame]

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump*

This poll closes later today!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post

I can't do that, and that's why so many characters are out of the running for me. If a character rocks in one movie but sucks in four sequels, that's 4:1 against so s/he is right out. For example, I couldn't vote for Bond because it was all Bonds and I don't think all Bonds were good.

The first Matrix was all right, but it was an out-and-out retelling of an old Outer Limits story (or was it a Twilight Zone? I forget exactly. I'm leaning toward Outer Limits, though.) so the storyline isn't exactly as innovative as it seemed. Likewise, "bullet time" was nothing new; it was just used A. LOT. Hugo Weaving was great, though.

EDIT: I don't need to put "I believe/I feel/I think/In my opinion" in front of all that, right? You guys realize I'm not making a blanket claim but am merely stating my opinion. WOOF!
    Uh, yeah! I'm thinking Outer Limits too for some reason. Maybe Harlan Ellison should have got screen credit for this.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, so much hate for Neo. Despite what some of you may think, the original Matrix is an amazing film. I also think that for Reeves' limits as an actor, he does a really good job as Neo.

You guys really hate Reeves that much? Are you telling me you don't like Speed? Speed was such a cool movie. Mind boggling.

I pity those that can't look past their hatred for an actor and enjoy a movie. I can assure you, you're missing out on a lot of great films.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked speed. And I did like the matrix. Neo just wasn't the best character compared to some of the others, IMO.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Speed, and I did not like the Matrix. I don't see how one should depend on the other.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My decision was between Neo and Red, and even though I ended up voting for the latter, I love both of those characters and think that they're both amazing characters in their own right and both deserved to advance.

Advancing to the next round :
    Vito Corleone (The Godfather)
    Neo (The Matrix trilogy)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I liked speed. And I did like the matrix. Neo just wasn't the best character compared to some of the others, IMO.

I was mainly just talking about how much people hate him, not so much if he's a better character than the others.

My point with Speed is that if you hate Reeves so much, that means you must not have enjoyed the film.

I have friends and family who will literally not see a movie because there's an actor they despise that bad in it. I just hate that.

It's seems like some of the people here feel that way towards Reeves.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

My decision was between Neo and Red, and even though I ended up voting for the latter, I love both of those characters and think that they're both amazing characters in their own right and both deserved to advance.

Advancing to the next round :
    Vito Corleone (The Godfather)
    Neo (The Matrix trilogy)
    you know i think this is the only one where i have seriously disagreed with who has gone though!

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Wow, so much hate for Neo. Despite what some of you may think, the original Matrix is an amazing film. I also think that for Reeves' limits as an actor, he does a really good job as Neo.

You guys really hate Reeves that much? Are you telling me you don't like Speed? Speed was such a cool movie. Mind boggling.

I pity those that can't look past their hatred for an actor and enjoy a movie. I can assure you, you're missing out on a lot of great films.
    Hold on a minute. What objective scale of measure is there by which you hold up "The Matrix" to measure it as "an amazing film"? Or are you expressing your opinion? I'm going to guess that you're simply expressing an opinion (just as I have been).

I freely admit that I am the most vociferous of the People here who hate Keanu Reeves. Yes yes yes yes yes 1,000 times yes. I can't stand {ETA} Tom Cruise*{/ETA} or Ben Affleck** either. That doesn't mean I won't see a movie with them, just that I really don't like the actors and, as a result, generally don't like the characters they play. Also, if it is a movie that only mildly piqued my interest in the first place, then yes, KR being in it would stop me from seeing the movie. It would be the proverbial straw - camel - broken back scenario.

And I'm sorry, but the idea behind The Matrix was done in an old black and white science fiction show, either the Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, or Science Fiction Theater. Still, I enjoyed the movie but not enough to go out of my way to watch it again. (EDIT: Just saw Brice's note about it probably being OL. I tend to agree. TZ was always on the lighter side. Although it could've been Science Fiction Theater... Obviously it wasn't exactly the same, but it was a world taken over by aliens. The protagonist wakes up to find he's been dreaming his entire life. It ends with him looking out over all the other humans in their little bins hooked up to the giant alien computer. I think his pod had failed somehow and that's why he woke.)

I got bored with Speed pretty rapidly, so I've never seen it all the way through.

I'm certain there are movies I think are awesome and that you think suck; however, that doesn't turn either of our opinions into fact. It's sort of like this picture... Old woman? Young lady? Both!

*But Cruise made a fantastic Lestat in IWtV.
    **At least Affleck can change his expression.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast