Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The road to the 2009-2010 Oscars!!

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was surprised that bullock won, i'm not gonna lie. i though that girl from precious had it for sure.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't Monique from Precious win Best Supporting Actress ? Or are you talking about someone else entirely ...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Feev - I'm pretty sure he means Gabourey Sidibe. The young woman who actually played Precious. She was up against Bullock, et al.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Eek ! Sorry. I haven't seen the movie, and I had stepped out during the Best Actress segment.

However, there wasn't much noise in regards to Sidibe winning the award, all signs pointed to Bullock taking home the gold.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah, I agree. This year the awards were pretty predicable. All the front runners in the main categories all walked away with their awards.

I did love Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin hosting together. I thought they did a great job.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Precious the other night. I thought it was a really good movie. There are some pretty powerful performances. Sidibe and Mo'nique were amazing.

If I had seen Precious before the film started getting any attention and I watched Mo'nique's first scene, I would have known from that point on that she was going to win an Oscar. It's that powerful.

I also think it's interesting to note that my mom thought Sidibe should have won the Oscar over Bullock. That's saying something since my Mom loves Sandra Bullock and raved about her performance in The Blind Side.

She loved that film so much, she would not stop nagging me (and is still nagging me) to see it. I really think everybody should check Precious out.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching Precious sometime this week, I've been wanting to watch it for a while now.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I really thought this was the most predictable Oscar Awards, ever. Sincerely.

And from what I've heard - Yeah, everyone knew Bullock would win, but every person I've talked to who saw the movie - they said it was kind of a "meh" movie, and she was better than the rest of the movie.

I stand by my original thought that she didn't deserve it. She's done much better work ( see Crash ) and really, I think this time it was a lot about how nice, and self-effacing, and kind and adorable she is, and not so much about how she gave a better performance than Meryl Streep and Helen Mirran!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7