Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New King poem 'The Bone Church'-Playboy November 2009

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...I don't know. Usually there will be one in the oracle and a separate thread for the collectors as a lot of them tend to stay in Calvin's Corner.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lophophoras View Post
    Books-A-Million had both variants.

I thought the Puscau version was only available to subscribers?

barnes and noble had both covers also... i bought 2 of each...
    i had to buy 2 of bev's new book just so the clerk didn't think i was a total perv.

<=== heh heh hee,droool, i just looove marge.... heh heh... oooh margie! ... (as he wears out his first two copies.)

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

guys,anyone willing to pick up copies of BOTH covers and ship them to Ireland? ill pay for everything of course.PM please.thx.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

what are both covers like?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Marge's layout was done very tastefully.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I can help.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you all think the different covers will have different values? Should I get one of each?

John

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i don't know about different values.... but as a completist.....yep get one of each.... or 2 of each like i did ha ha...

and king yet again sublimally demonstrates his dislike for texas... in the king "poem", the only character that doesn't have a name is "the Texan" , whose name couldn't be recalled.

good thing playboy made up for the slight with a "nice spread" from texas... actually, from tyler, texas.... where my brother lives.... i'll have to ask him if he's acquainted with her.

by the way.... i'm a bit disappointed with the marge simpson photo spread.... i was hoping to find out if her true hair color was blue or not.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    by the way.... i'm a bit disappointed with the marge simpson photo spread.... i was hoping to find out if her true hair color was blue or not.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'll probably get two of each also. Obsessions can be annoying sometimes.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm only going to get the Marge Simpson cover edition, although for some reason I seem more drawn to the other cover. I can't figure out why.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I won the King Study original by Phil Hale that goes with Bone Church.

I'm thinking about framing the oil painting along with the poem from the magazine.

Any thoughts on that? Would it take away from the painting?

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

I'm thinking about framing the oil painting along with the poem from the magazine.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Ralph, if done properly (as I'm sure you would), I think it could look great!

Would you use pages straight out of the magazine, or would you reproduce the poem onto higher quality paper?

Probably the thing to do is to go to the frame shop and spend some time experimenting with different mattings, layouts and frames.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Ralph, if done properly (as I'm sure you would), I think it could look great!

Would you use pages straight out of the magazine, or would you reproduce the poem onto higher quality paper?

Probably the thing to do is to go to the frame shop and spend some time experimenting with different mattings, layouts and frames.
    Reproduce on higher quality paper. Thinking about white text on black.

When I get the painting in I'll see what my matting color options should be.

Look forward to this project

And now a quote from my wife "you are...........hanging this in your closet.......right?"

Ralph

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Nice, Ralph!. Would you be adding the text on the side or below the painting?. I guess it would depend on the sizes of both to get proper placement.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Barry and Jerome, if you want to ship them to me, I can send them back with your other stuff.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

jerome, thats cool with me,easier for you too maybe?
    karen,thx a mil girl,i didnt want to pester you again!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    jerome, thats cool with me,easier for you too maybe?
    karen,thx a mil girl,i didnt want to pester you again!
    Easier for me, and likely less expensive for you.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

So now that we've read it, discussion goes where? Anyone care to?

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it.

I don't normally have much interest in poems but this one wasn't so bad.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it. It didn't read like a poem at all to me. I usually have a hard time following poems because of the tempo, but not this one. I also enjoyed the story.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Barry, it's not a biggie. Just a couple of more things to add to the return box. And I am still waiting to hear from Joe. I don't wanna keep bugging him. He's been busy.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

no probs at all girl,its fine. and oh karen...... LOOVVE the new name!!!

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks! It's only for Halloween, then I will back to my backwards self!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast