Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Posting pictures, links etc.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    ETA: Looks like there's already a sticky on it but maybe because it's in The Dogan instead of Calvin's Corner??
    Correct.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Collector's Tutorial section is great. I have to admit I hadn't noticed it yet. That was my fault. I had just gotten so confused with how the board is organized I overlooked it. Thanks for pointing it out.

So I am a little dense. My husband refers to it as my "blond roots". And for those of you who met or saw me at the signing I am also still about 13 in my head.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Christine, I think you'll find that, with a few exceptions, ALL our spouses and significant others think we're a bit (or a lot) crazy. It just goes with the territory.

John

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

With the new Vbulletin board do we host pictures or have to use a hosting site? I don't see a Gallery heading.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We are learning now. The Gallery has been temporarily (I hope) disabled. For the immediate time, use a hosting site.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was able to create an album in Community/My Albums, upload a photo, then (after clicking on the photo to view it) copying the Picture URL in the lower right corner and pasting that into a post using the Insert Link button. That will at least allow folks to click on the link and see the photo. I tried the Insert Image button using both the Picture Url and the BB Code (which is an IMG file) but it didn't work. I can see the photo on the page myself, but only when I'm signed in ... probably because it's a "My Album" rather than a gallery community album.

George

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A top of the line gallery is in the works.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

After discussing the matter we have decided that images will need to be uploaded using a URL. We have disabled the thumbnail/upload from computer option. Even though the image visually was a thumbnail, it was a representation, and the actual file size and loading speed was the same as the full size image. Members can either use a hosting service-Photobucket, Imageshak etc. or create a user album in our Gallery. Images hosted in our Gallery are far less likely to be blocked for members using work computers.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Bump for new members to check out.
    How to: Add info in posts (links, pics, videos, etc.)

Traveler Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold Gmailman is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Short Story: "Everything's Eventual"

Author: Stephen King
    First Appearance: The Magazine Of Fantasy & Science Fiction: Issue 556
    Year: October/November 1997
    Issue Price: $4.59
    Artist(s): Jill Bauman (cover artwork)
    Editor: Edward L. Ferman
    Publisher: Mercury Press, Inc.
    Synopsis: Dinky Earnshaw--a 19-year-old pizza delivery boy--gets hired by a mysterious stranger for a unique and totally "eventual" (awesome) job.

Text and images provided by ShannonsMovies
    Synopsis provided by StephenKing.com:

John F. Kennedy DisneyGuys is on a distinguished road DisneyGuys's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a question. I know I am new to posting here, and some forums do not let new posters include images. I was trying to post some info about how the Sarasota book signing went and include a photo in the post. After I clicked on "post," it said my message would appear after it was approved by a moderator. I tried to post it over 6 hours ago. I don't know if that is normal since regular text posts appear instantly. Any suggestions or answers to why this is happening would be appreciated. Thanks, Daniel

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

To reduce spam we have a 5 post threshold that members must surpass before they can post links/images without having to wait for approval. I see you have 5 posts so all should be fine now.
    Welcome to the board.

Gunslinger Apprentice SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector will become famous soon enough SierraKiloCollector's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This makes sense!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I edited Matt's first post as it mostly concerned using our Member Gallery to host your own images and really didn't address adding images in a post etc.
    If you think the verbiage should be modified, please let me know.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Helpful hint:
    If you want your hyperlink to be underlined; type the text and use the Underline choice Before inserting the hyperlink.
    Examples:
    No underline before inserting hyperlink
    Underline before inserting hyperlink

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Now I need to get some photos of my collection and try to get them posted on here............Once I get the photos, I'm sure I'll be asking for help from you folks. I am probably the most computer illiterate person you know.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I managed to upload some pictures to my members gallery, now, how do I get them into a posting? Do I have to have a offsite website with my photos? Any helpful hints?

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Right click over photo. Copy image location. Then paste the link in the Insert Image box (I think...)
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I managed to upload some pictures to my members gallery, now, how do I get them into a posting? Do I have to have a offsite website with my photos? Any helpful hints?
    Bring your image from the gallery up from the site. Right click on the image and choose "Copy Image Location"
    Go to the thread you wish to post in and once your comments are in, click on the 'Insert Image" icon. A box will appear, Patse the URL of the image (I usually just ControlV), click OK and then the image is there.
    Sounds harder than it is.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey it worked! I got confused because the picture does not show until I actually post. Thanks for the patience Mr. Flagg!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

The book is gorgeous, DoctorZaius
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And so are your eyes! Thanks. The recent debate on wrapping has me thinking of opening this baby.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast