Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Audiobooks/Ebooks - All Formats

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I agree. I got the Under The Dome audiobook with audible since it was one credit and the guy isn't very good. I mean - I find him more bearable than Mike may - but it was hardly the best ever...

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Thanks posting your view, I thought i was the only one. Raul must have his friends posting positive reviews of him on the web.
    I thought the guy that read Blaze was boring but not terrible.
    I hope they pick good ones for the upcoming books.
    On a side note I started downloading documentaries from itunes (monty python, american experience) to listen to in the car, it's a good substitute for audiobooks sometimes.
    I'm just listening to them, not watching the video while i drive.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default UR - Audio

Her's a link to listen to a excerpt of the upcoming release of UR on audio:

http://books.simonandschuster.com/UR...96?custd=33952

Life is a garden...dig it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. We'll leave this up for a few days and then merge it into the Audiobooks thread.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

UR was a great listen. Kind of a throwaway story, I think thats why SK fealt the need to throw in the DT stuff.
    Anyone get Danse Macrabe? The discs are in individual envelopes.
    I will start listening today.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

interesting thread. I've had an almost complete collection of King audios for several years now, the notable items being the complete Bachman Books. I now see that penguin are releasing three of the hitherto unavailable four...
    Calla Wolf

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Strange that the only novel not available on audio, is King's most popular work.
    The Stand Uncut.

Damn you Doubleday

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Strange that the only novel not available on audio, is King's most popular work.
    The Stand Uncut.

Damn you Doubleday
    Is that the ONLY one not on audio (along with Rage) ?
    (I have both on audio)
    Calla Wolf

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Too bad The Dead Zone isn't included.

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    the hitherto unavailable four...
    what does this mean? Are you just saying that Rage is the only one they're not releasing?

I made an xl sheet to keep track of all of them, do you have something like this? This isnt something alot of sites have, even king's own is not very good.

"Too bad The Dead Zone isn't included"
    yes very lame. Unless they are recording a new version.
    I'm assuming the ones they are releasing in the upcoming months are just old recording on CD, is this what you guys think?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    The Stand Uncut.

Damn you Doubleday
    Is that the ONLY one not on audio (along with Rage) ?
    (I have both on audio)
    I have them both on audio as well, but it's The Stand (Bruce Hunti) and not The Stand Uncut.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There are a lot of ones coming:

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Search...tBy=pubdateDsc

John

nothing to see here..
    Last edited by mikeC; 03-11-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: yup

Updated:

Penguin Audio:
    The Running Man Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    Kevin Kenerly
    (April 1, 2010)
    Roadwork Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    Valmont Thomas
    (April 1, 2010)
    The Long Walk Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (April 1, 2010)
    Kirby Hayborne
    Firestarter Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (April 1, 2010)
    Dennis Boutsikaris
    Cujo Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (April 1, 2010)
    Lora Rayer
    The Tommyknockers Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (May 13, 2010)
    Edward Herrmann
    It Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (May 13, 2010)
    Steven Weber
    The Eyes of the Dragon Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (May 13, 2010)
    Brosnon Pinchot
    The Dark Half Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (May 13, 2010)
    Grover Gardner
    Christine Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (May 13, 2010)
    Holter Graham
    I doubt all these will be released 5 at a time on these 2 days. Calla/Cloysterpete are these the ones that did the old versions or did Steve read these?
    Thanks
    Last edited by mikeC; 03-11-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: new info

Gunslinger Apprentice thebumblerinblack is on a distinguished road thebumblerinblack's Avatar

Audio books are cool, but they can ruin a good book, like some people have already mentioned. A bad narrator almost made me not like the grapes of wrath, I mean damn.
    I used to make fake teeth for a living, and they'd let me listen to headphones at work, I was really into audiobooks for awhile, and some of these people they pick to read, jeezus louisus! I heard this one (cant remember which book or I'd tell ya) where you could hear the woman narrator's stomach growling and making noise every once in awhile, gross huh? But the guy who reads the dark tower books, George Guidall, is awesome. And there's a fully dramatized BBC version of Pet Semetary that kicks ass as well.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thebumblerinblack View Post
    But the guy who reads the dark tower books, George Guidall, is awesome.
    If you enjoyed DT read by Guidall, you MUST hear the versions done by Frank Mueller!
    Stephen King himself called Mueller the voice of the series, or something along those lines.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

I like Frank Mueller and Ron McLarty for SK books on tape.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I've said this before, but I absolutely LOVE Frances Sternhagen's reading of Dolores Claiborne. She IS Dolores!

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King himself is always who I most want reading his stories to me.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Stephen King himself is always who I most want reading his stories to me.
    ...as he tucks me in at night?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I've said this before. I've tried many times to listen to audiobooks. I just cannot get into them. My mind wanders, for whatever reason. When I'm reading an actual book, I'm totally concentrated on reading. If I do let my mind wander as I read, I can always back up a paragraph and re-read. But for the most part, I'm in the zone. With audio, after a little while it becomes noise. I hear the words but after a while they just begin to sound like gibberish...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have the audiobook of "ASSASSINATION VACATION", by Sarah Vowell?

Apparently, in that book, Stephen King "plays" Abraham Lincoln...
    And well, i guess that there isnt any writing by him with the CD?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Assassination-Vacation-Abridged-CD-Box/dp/B002LCEP8S"]Amazon.com: Assassination Vacation Abridged on CD in Box: Sarah (Author) Vowell: Books[/ame]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_Vacation
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Does anyone have the audiobook of "ASSASSINATION VACATION", by Sarah Vowell?

Apparently, in that book, Stephen King "plays" Abraham Lincoln...
    And well, i guess that there isnt any writing by him with the CD?

Amazon.com: Assassination Vacation Abridged on CD in Box: Sarah (Author) Vowell: Books

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_Vacation
    Yes. I downloaded it from audible.com of which I am a paying member. More info here.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Yes. I downloaded it from audible.com of which I am a paying member.
    People pay?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast