Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Children of the Corn (2009 TV movie)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Children of the Corn (2009 TV movie)

http://www.syfy.com/movies/originals...php?pageid=114

According to IMDb, Stephen King is listed as screenwriter.

This premieres on the Syfy channel on September 26th.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

IMDB info isn't always reliable. The screenplay for the SyFy remake is by the director, Donald P. Borchers.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://www.syfy.com/movies/originals...php?pageid=114

According to IMDb, Stephen King is listed as screenwriter.

This premieres on the Syfy channel on September 26th.
    Gee... do we really think they could top Linda Hamilton and Peter Horton?!?

I don't know... that's a pretty high bar.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Plus there will be another Children of the Corn movie, this time a theatrical feature "reimaging" the original short story: http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/09/...n-of-the-corn/

'til the end of the world rosie real is on a distinguished road rosie real's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

outlander! outlander!

. . . but i'm paralyzed with not caring very much.
    ~ spike

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

What I wanna know is, how and why were there like 18 sequels?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I think it was because there were so many unanswered questions in the original...
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

So, anybody watched this? I DVRed it and tried watching it this weekend, but it just wasn't very good. I watched maybe the first half an hour, then deleted it. The girl was pretty though

Gunslinger Apprentice johnsmith87 will become famous soon enough johnsmith87's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I saw it. Wasn't too great, but at the same time it stayed very faithful to the short story. Still worth watching IMO

Country
    Country Flag

The story was much creepier. They really overused that clichéd trick of a child popping up toward the edge of the frame and just staring there, being all weird, while the character in peril has his or her back turned away. With scary music.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I made it through 45 minutes, but I didn't give it my full attention. I couldn't. It was just awful. The whiney couple drove me bonkers.

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched it all, but found myself fast forwarding though a lot of it...

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Awwwwwwwww I fell asleep half way through it...

I never HAVE made it through a whole showing of any of the Children of the Corn incarnations. What's wrong with me???

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't very impressed with it. I got through the first hour then finally turned it off.

I figured I could catch the ending some other time on one of the many times the Syfy Channel will rerun it.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I had forgotten it was on. Now I'm glad I forgot.

John

+ Reply to Thread