Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: King's worst novel?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Cell sucked.
    Beautifully stated.
    Suckily stated and to top that off, fuck you and your mother you rode in on.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

But I rode it on yours...

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

No, look close.."Your mother you rode in on"
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I'm pretty sure it was yours.

Mexicans don't even know their own mothers from the horses they ride to the ranches on everyday...sad.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention. What about your mom?

I'm sorry, not horses...donkey's.

Feverish's family pic

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What's my uncle Chuy doing there!?

Oh man...your uncle riding your mother??

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No, actually we named that particular donkey El Cucuy.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well now that we've got CK's man-crush of feev out in the open....I haven't heard too many good things about Cell. I haven't read it yet but I was kinda surprised when I got a basic plot description of it. I guess I'll see soon.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought Cell was pretty damn cool, but then again, I love anything zombie related.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It felt like a retread to me. Very predictable and sooo "I've seen this before."

Disappointing, really.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*high-as-fuck five*

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Pfffft. May zombies bite you guys.

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as it's not in the (whistles).

Cujo is still the reining champion of SK suck for me.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

sporks are classified as deadly weapons, right?

to be fair, I've never read another SK book I thought sucked. I even liked insomnia, even though it's far from his best.

But Cell? shallow characters, stupid plot..........eh.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I also could not connect with Black House, er, whatitsname, The Talisman part 2.

I actually bought it, started it, lost interest, then picked it up a few years later and finally read the dust jacket and I was all " hey, that's Jack Sawyer, the Jack Sawyer so I got through it.

There was just none of the spell binding of The Talisman in that book for me.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

...shallow characters, stupid plot......
    It could also work the other way around.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

...shallow characters, stupid plot......
    It could also work the other way around.

Hair splitter.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I'm curious, what do you think is so stupid about the plot?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cell was pretty hardcore from the get go, with all the gore and general zombieness. It read like a filmscript in that way.

It's by no means my favourite King story, but I didn't think it sucked. I liked the idea of it and I enjoyed the characters, who were well developed. But I'm not a big zombie fan, so I didn't enjoy it as much as other SK books, I also didn't enjoy Pet Sematary or Desperation for similar reasons though - the more flat out horror books aren't really my thing.

I did like the ambiguous ending though.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Cujo is still the reining champion of SK suck for me.
    Undefeated World Champion, with The Dark Half a strong runner-up.

I actually loved Pet Sematary's creepiness. It's probably the only Stephen King novel I've read that was scary-in a tangible way-throughout. He hasn't written too many genuinely bonechilling novels since then.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Tommyknockers has to be the worst book SK put his name to. The book was shit from start to finish. It's the only SK book I've never read more than once.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast