Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: King's worst novel?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I enjoyed Dreamcatcher. Not my favorite, but far from the worst.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i'll echo that
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Dreamcatcher....yuck.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I enjoyed Dreamcatcher. Not my favorite, but far from the worst.
    I haven't read it yet, but I've been meaning to. Does the book expand on the origins of Duddits and Mr. Grey a little more?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Not as much as you might like Feev. Its starts out very strong in terms of characterization, but really wanes through the last two thirds. In my opinion...

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

IMO, the movie screwed up the origin stuff.

the book is quite good, and classic king. Kind of an "IT" quality to it, with the flashbacks and stuff.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As this is my first post, you people will prolly drive me out, but my least favorite novel of SK is The Stand. I didnt get into in it until page 1000, and by then i was bored with it.Yep, I dont like The Stand

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You from Illinois JQ?

Welcome to the site! Yeah, the majority opinion here is that The Stand kicks major ass but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

After all, Insomnia is towards the top of my worst list and I get shit for it all the time.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry JQ we'll not drive you out but might think you are a bit mad for liking one of SK classics. Welcome to the site JQ and enjoy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JQ The Gunslinger View Post
    As this is my first post, you people will prolly drive me out, but my least favorite novel of SK is The Stand. I didnt get into in it until page 1000, and by then i was bored with it.Yep, I dont like The Stand
    Don't worry, I still have yet to finish that one. I think I made it almost half way thru before I put it down. I liked what I read, but it just wasn't drawing me back. One day I'll go back to it and finish it.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

First of all, welcome to the site! Feel free to introduce yourself in the Intro thread here.

I personally LOVED The Stand. But, to each his own.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice JQ The Gunslinger is on a distinguished road JQ The Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No im from wisconsin Montegss, thx for the welcoming guys

Country
    Country Flag

No im from wisconsin Montegss, thx for the welcoming guys
    Me too. It was the "prolly" from you previous post that made me think of Illinois. Welcome to the site again!

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i started reading geralds game a yesterday i got to page 100 and just couldnt read it anymore

i think its worse than the girl who loved to tom gordon
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Country
    Country Flag

Hail wisconsin ha. Ive never read Geralds game, so whats so bad about it?

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*spoilers*

ok Jessie and her husband Gerald are in a cabin far away from everybody else
    and there trying to reinvigorate there sex life, by having Jessie wear handcuffs but
    Spoiler:
    they dont have a saftey word and Jessie starts freaking out and kicks him in the testies which makes Gerald have a heart attack and die leeving Jessie handcuffed to the bed alone were she cant contact people or cant reach the keys
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Country
    Country Flag

doesnt sound like a bad story to me, deff. diffrent than other stories.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

since it is the very beginning of the novel, it's ok to retell it here without spoiler tags, but I hope no further exposure will be made

JQ The Gunslinger: Like any other book, it's entirely up to your taste and your life/reading experience whether or not you will enjoy that particular novel. I personally like it.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

You really should put your description within spoiler tags. People can still see it the way you have them marked.

Anyway, I liked Gerald's Game because, like GWLTG, it is more of a "mind scare, freaking yourself out" type of book. Not a monster, supernatural sort of horror book.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Monte: you have convinced me. I have added spoiler tags to some part of Ikilledthecrimsonking's post.

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Monte. I enjoyed Gerald's Game, and I think it has one of the scariest moments in a King book ever.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Monte: you have convinced me. I have added spoiler tags to some part of Ikilledthecrimsonking's post.

sorry i dont know how to put spoier tags on my post
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ikilledthecrimsonking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

sorry i dont know how to put spoier tags on my post
    if you use "New Reply" button, or quote someone, you will see spoiler tag mark (radioactive) on the panel - the button on the very right. If you use Quick Reply, you can't see it, you'll have to choose "Go Advanced".

if you put them manually, as I saw you do in another thread, don't forget the "end spoiler" back slash, as in my example above (minus the space)

[ spoiler] [/spoiler]

Country
    Country Flag

ok thanks Jean
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 57 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast