Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How would you like to see it done?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seven Movies

98 51.31%
  • Seven Cartoons

4 2.09%
  • Seven Computer Animated Movies

13 6.81%
  • A Miniseries

34 17.80%
  • Nothing, they could never do it right!

42 21.99%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you like to see it done? The Official DT Movie Thread

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm excited to see just how they do the scenes in The Drawing of the Three with Roland being in Eddie's head and how they communicate between themselves. I think with the right editing and smoothness, this scene could be really amazing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a good one, Erin.

I wonder if that whole story of how the Oriza blades came to be used will be shown on screen or if it will remain only as something spoken between them.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Hmm... I'm interested to see how they would portray the beam. I'm thinking specifically of how the clouds follow it, how pine needles point toward it, etc.
    I have a image in my head but I think seeing it on the big screen would be marvelous!

Super Saiyan Mark is on a distinguished road Mark's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

CHARYOU TREE!

I'd also like to see the fightin WAG toward the end with Jonas.
    Spoiler:
    And Eddie getting shot in the head.
    Last edited by Erin; 03-27-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: added a spoiler tag
    2:45 am- 11th February 2008- I Finished The Dark Tower

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^That is a spoiler that should be marked. This isn't a spoiler thread.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Monte! I went ahead and added the spoiler tag.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Super-Star. You're hot...er, I mean, you're the best.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh right, sorry guys, wont happen again!
    I'd also like to see how the tower is acutally portrayed. I've seen numerous different illistrations (sic)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark88880 View Post

Spoiler:
    And Eddie getting shot in the head.
    - I don't want to see that...

Country
    Country Flag

A fan of Eddie then? I only want to see it becausei think if they filmed it right,
    Spoiler:
    like, in a first person view from the guy on the floor, (his name escapes me), then Eddie being shot, then it all going into slow motion, then everything but the music that plays is silent and they do the same sort of thing that they did in Harry Potter: OotP, with Sussanah shouting but you can't hear her and her running/crawling/wheeling/trikin' over to him. I think i'd be a pretty emotional scene, if done right.
    Last edited by Erin; 03-31-2008 at 06:07 PM. Reason: adding spoiler tags

Oh definitely, extremely emotional.
    But sad, nonetheless.
    (you might want to add spoiler tags again up there^)

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, please watch your spoilers. This is not a spoiler thread. There are people here that have not finished the series. Please review posting guidelines with questions.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Mark...I added spoiler tags to your post.

But I totally agree with what you said. I think that would be the perfect way to film that scene.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh and I just thought of something. How do you think the filmmakers would handle the scene in which:

Spoiler:
    Susannah gets it on with the speaking circle demon?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Or how they would do the scene in Little Sisters of Eluria where
    Spoiler:
    the Little Sisters jack off Roland for his semen, because they can't drink his blood
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Traveler Crandyman is on a distinguished road Crandyman's Avatar

For me, I would REALLY be psyched to see a version of Lud.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Oh and I just thought of something. How do you think the filmmakers would handle the scene in which:

Spoiler:
    Susannah gets it on with the speaking circle demon?

And Erin...
    Spoiler:
    Well, I for one am not ashamed of my demon-sex fetish so I would make it devilishly graphic.

Traveler Jack Lee is on a distinguished road Jack Lee's Avatar

What about the shoot-out at the genral store in Maine, and the meeting of Cullum. And of course anytime a door is used, either type.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't remember the exact wording, but Roland says that it was pretty obvious that something was going on between Marten and his mother because of the way they were dancing - I would like to see that emphasized.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is that scene feve:

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Here is that scene feve:

Ummmmm no.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Oh man! That made me laugh just like I needed today.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If I get the urge to start singing "I've had the time of my life" while watching the DT movie, I'm going to decapitate Brice.

Along the Path of the Beam Rolands_Father is on a distinguished road Rolands_Father's Avatar

Default The Dark Tower? Best picture???!!!

Ok. I know if a DT movie came to theaters, some of us would rush out to see it right away, and some of us would remain glued to the books, refusing for a crappy tv miniseries or a horrid film to destroy our favorite series.
    But imagine for a moment Sk somehow got a top notch filmaker on the job. If this were the case, And everything was done PERFECTLY, i think at least one of the seven posible films would have a shot at Best Picture. If I were to guess, I would bet on wizard and glass.
    What films do you think would have the greatist chance to win (if they were done right!) and why?
    Last edited by Rolands_Father; 05-19-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: not finished
    The Dark Tower...
    Simply The Best

Roland Rocks Mid-World!!!
    And all other Worlds!!!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

i'm still against the concept of a movie(s) being made, but it's a good hypothetical question so i will answer... i agree the W&G is prob the one that could do it because, imo, it is the most self-contained story. also it's a western, and all good people love westerns.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast